Author Topic: CM Punk getting a bodyguard....  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Axel

CM Punk getting a bodyguard....
« on: 21 September 2009, 04:20:19 PM »
There has been a push in creative of late to give CM Punk a bodyguard. The original pitch was to put Ezekiel Jackson in the role since he did so well with Brian Kendrick, but WWE would like him to develop more and feel ECW is a better place for him. The latest idea tossed around was to put Festus in the role with the idea that Punk either "got him off his medication" or would be controlling him by "feeding him pills" to enhance Punk's heel straightedge role. That's why Festus has been off TV in recent weeks.

-PWInsider

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2009, 04:21:49 PM »
A straight edge festus is hilarious :lol

I wouldn't mind him having a protege of sorts, like jericho had in Cade and kendrick had in Zeke. Festus can work. I don't see a problem with this, not facepalm worthy in the slightest.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Axel

« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2009, 04:23:20 PM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;34711

I wouldn't mind him having a protege of sorts, like jericho had in Cade and kendrick had in Zeke. Festus can work. I don't see a problem with this, not facepalm worthy in the slightest.
You don't see a problem with this?....Thus proving you and everyone else eats up the crap WWE provides.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2009, 04:23:51 PM »
Quote from: Axel;34712
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;34711

You don't see a problem with this?....

Enlighten me...

Offline Gorsty

« Reply #4 on: 21 September 2009, 04:25:19 PM »
Quote from: Axel;34709
There has been a push in creative of late to give CM Punk a bodyguard. The original pitch was to put Ezekiel Jackson in the role since he did so well with Brian Kendrick, but WWE would like him to develop more and feel ECW is a better place for him. The latest idea tossed around was to put Festus in the role with the idea that Punk either "got him off his medication" or would be controlling him by "feeding him pills" to enhance Punk's heel straightedge role. That's why Festus has been off TV in recent weeks.

-PWInsider
So the straight edge dude would go around drugging people? That doesn't make any sense.

Offline Axel

« Reply #5 on: 21 September 2009, 04:26:29 PM »
Punk doesn't need a bodyguard. Punk is supposed to be a unique heel, using him like Edge, Chavo, Kendrick makes him look weak and destroys his credibility as a loner. Not to mention, hypocritical Punk kills all of his Straightedge persona.

Punk speaks the Truth in his promos. What sense would come out of him giving Festus pills?

It's unlogical.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 21 September 2009, 04:30:47 PM »
Quote from: Axel;34715
Punk doesn't need a bodyguard. Punk is supposed to be a unique heel, using him like Edge, Chavo, Kendrick makes him look weak and destroys his credibility as a loner. Not to mention, hypocritical Punk kills all of his Straightedge persona.

I don't think it does... kind of like how on RAW a few weeks ago when it was in Calgary, Jericho pandered to the crowd on air but when he thought the cameras were off he started making fun of Canada. But when he's in the states he acts ''somewhat'' anti-american... Really, he's just a heel who will do anything it takes to win. I see Punk the same way, hence what he did in Montreal. He's not the one taking drugs and pills, so how does that make him any less straight edge if he forces someone else to do so, in order to benefit him? He's a heel preacher-type. Besides, it all depends on how it would be handled.

And BTW, the screwjob did nothing to make Punk look stronger, but there's nothing wrong with that, he's a scheming heel. There's nothing wrong with Edge's and Jericho's heel personas either.

Offline Axel

« Reply #7 on: 21 September 2009, 04:34:24 PM »
I was not a fan of that pathetic screwjob. I need a new TV after throwing my soda after that crap.

If you want to make Punk look like a real threat and make him look stronger, how about putting together a Straightedge Stable with some good talent that can sell over the "I'm a a Straightedge believer" and make Punk look like a mentor.

Punk is a LONER. He's always been that way and he should stay that way as a heel, I don't understand WWE's logic when it comes to heels now. Why is it every top heel needs some sort of bodyguard? It doesn't work that way.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 21 September 2009, 04:45:28 PM »
Quote from: Axel;34718
I was not a fan of that pathetic screwjob.

Quote from: Axel;34397
Undertaker got Punk'd.

Montreal Screwjob 2.0. :lol

You didn't seem too upset about it after the PPV.

I need a new TV after throwing my soda after that crap.

Too young for beer?

If you want to make Punk look like a real threat and make him look stronger, how about putting together a Straightedge Stable with some good talent that can sell over the "I'm a a Straightedge believer" and make Punk look like a mentor.

I have no problem with that. But isn't someone blindly following Punk as some sort of bult believer almost the same thing as having someone drugged?

Punk is a LONER. He's always been that way and he should stay that way as a heel, I don't understand WWE's logic when it comes to heels now. Why is it every top heel needs some sort of bodyguard? It doesn't work that way.

He didn't have a problem associating himself with teddy long and that referee to do the screwjob. And if he was a loner, then he'd never be in a tag team match, ever. Never mind that when he was a face he never had a problem associating with people. Your logic is flawed here, and not factual.

nevermind that you're a hypocrite with double standards that contradicts himself. First, you say you want punk to be the leader of a stable, then you say that he's a loner and he should stay that way. That doesn't make sense.

And obviously, since so many heels have bodyguards, it does work that way son.

The world doesn't revolve around you, and the wrestling business certainly doesn't.

Offline Gorsty

« Reply #9 on: 21 September 2009, 04:55:52 PM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;34722
Quote from: Axel;34718
I have no problem with that. But isn't someone blindly following Punk as some sort of cult believer almost the same thing as having someone drugged?
Technically, no. Punk claims the whole straight-edge lifestyle, he is also the current world heavyweight champion (albeit that he is likely to be dropping the title at HIAC). Certain people will believe what they are told, just because someone took the stuff Punk is saying as gospel and would start following Punk would be completely different to someone being drugged.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 21 September 2009, 04:57:06 PM »
This is obviously all hypothetical, but I see no difference between punk drugging someone with his words vs. drugging someone with pills, from a creative standpoint. Same result.

Offline Gorsty

« Reply #11 on: 21 September 2009, 04:59:12 PM »
Someone believing that his way is right is a lot more PG than someone drugging someone to do what they say, thats something WWE needs to look at.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 21 September 2009, 05:01:27 PM »
Quote from: utmgorsty;34729
Someone believing that his way is right is a lot more PG than someone drugging someone to do what they say, thats something WWE needs to look at.

Fair enough, from a PG standpoint that makes sense.... but hey! You IWC marks hate  that PG shit, so that's an unfair argument :P

Offline Captain Carefree

• LARIATOOO!
« Reply #13 on: 21 September 2009, 09:26:23 PM »
Quote from: Axel;34715
Punk speaks the Truth in his promos. What sense would come out of him giving Festus pills?

It's unlogical.

Fail ^ :P :giggle

[/U]

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #14 on: 21 September 2009, 10:28:29 PM »
If there going to put Punk with someone do what ROH did... Make it a Chicago stable. ROH had the Second City Saints comprised of Punk, Ace Steel and Cabana from Chi-town. Don't put him with some big guy and say he has shown him the light or controls him while on meds (It's still makes sense. Straight Edge means not doing illicit drugs). Thats just how I see it.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!