Author Topic: Angelina Love released!  (Read 2220 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Angelina Love released!
« Reply #45 on: 15 September 2009, 06:45:06 PM »
Quote from: Axel;34474
I provided you with a link. Search for yourself like I had too.

BTW, She wasn't at RAW last night. She was in Florida celebrating her 28th birthday.

No, you provided me with a generic link. I asked you for proof. That wasn't proof.

So, I take this as you admitting that you do not have any proof that she said that, and that there is in fact a possibility that she could go to the WWE.

Thanks.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Gorsty

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #46 on: 15 September 2009, 07:52:14 PM »
OK, I checked the link you posted above, and from what I've read, thats not her Myspace, the official link is http://www.myspace.com/angel_williams14 and I've read through all the blogs posted on both accounts, and the only mention of WWE are from an interview she did where they refer to her history working there.

However, I do recall reading in numerous interviews (and no, I'm not going to search for them because it'd take forever) where she said that when she moved to OVW because WWE cut ties with DSW, she was released pretty soon, and she wasn't happy with the way she was treated or something to that effect.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Angelina Love released!
« Reply #47 on: 15 September 2009, 08:19:34 PM »
Quote from: utmgorsty;34484
OK, I checked the link you posted above, and from what I've read, thats not her Myspace, the official link is http://www.myspace.com/angel_williams14 and I've read through all the blogs posted on both accounts, and the only mention of WWE are from an interview she did where they refer to her history working there.

However, I do recall reading in numerous interviews (and no, I'm not going to search for them because it'd take forever) where she said that when she moved to OVW because WWE cut ties with DSW, she was released pretty soon, and she wasn't happy with the way she was treated or something to that effect.

Hey, I'm not denying that. I'd be pretty fumed too if I was in her position... but if, say, right now, WWE offered her a contract, even if it was just to get her away from the WWE, and if it was for more money than what she was making in TNA (even if it's just an average WWE contract I'd imagine the chances of the money being more to be pretty high), do you think she'd take it? Because I don't she how she wouldn't not, in the situation she's in, with the risk that she might not be able to work in the USA anymore... WWE would take care of her.

Sometimes things actually are about money...

Offline Axel

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #48 on: 16 September 2009, 02:28:39 AM »
And somethings are about not being treated like shit and being around friends. Unfortunately, Gail Kim is the perfect example.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Angelina Love released!
« Reply #49 on: 16 September 2009, 02:30:19 AM »
Quote from: Axel;34506
And somethings are about not being treated like shit and being around friends. Unfortunately, Gail Kim is the perfect example.

Was she being treated like shit in TNA? Cause I hate to break it to you but she proves my point, she went for the job security and the money.

Offline Axel

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #50 on: 16 September 2009, 02:43:26 AM »
Do you know that? Cause I hate to break it to you but you don't.

She signed for a job as a professional wrestler and in hopes a big time company will actually take her seriously. They did, she became one half of the greatest Female Tag Team in Wrestling today. She is a well known talent now and a two time Knockouts Champion. She is a big draw for the company and they depend on her and not as a side talent unlike the Divas division.

My point being, she is treated as prime royalty within TNA. She has many friends and what not in the area, I highly doubt she would give it up for a chance to end up like everyone else formally in TNA that made the jump to WWE. Which ended up being career suicide.

This whole situation is a major setback but it doesn't mean she isn't a faithful TNA star. Money can't buy happiness. Taz, Mick Foley, Robert Roode and Kaz will all tell you that first hand.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Angelina Love released!
« Reply #51 on: 16 September 2009, 03:16:01 AM »
Quote from: Axel;34508
Do you know that? Cause I hate to break it to you but you don't.

She signed for a job as a professional wrestler and in hopes a big time company will actually take her seriously. They did, she became one half of the greatest Female Tag Team in Wrestling today. She is a well known talent now and a two time Knockouts Champion. She is a big draw for the company and they depend on her and not as a side talent unlike the Divas division.

My point being, she is treated as prime royalty within TNA. She has many friends and what not in the area, I highly doubt she would give it up for a chance to end up like everyone else formally in TNA that made the jump to WWE. Which ended up being career suicide.

This whole situation is a major setback but it doesn't mean she isn't a faithful TNA star. Money can't buy happiness. Taz, Mick Foley, Robert Roode and Kaz will all tell you that first hand.

Both companies offered Gail contracts...  WWE offered her more money... TNA offered her a larger role, the opportunity to wrestle more often and in better matches and to become a marquee player on their roster.

She went with the money and the job security.

And, let's be honest here, it's not like she didn't know what her role would be in the WWE. Even the most prominent women in the WWE get buried on the card and get immersed in stupid storylines. Honestly, what did she expect?

Now she's making money, regardless of how she's portrayed on TV (which still isn't as bad as some of the other women in the WWE, or even some of the women in TNA).

Sure, it's a tough choice, but Love isn't someone who's made money for years in this business like Taz and Foley, nor is she someone who would get main event booking on the indy scene like Roode or Kaz if they left TNA. She's someone who could very well be in serious financial trouble because of this situation. WWE represents job security and a paycheck.

Plus she gets to tour the world, much more so than TNA, and she gets to make new friends.

It's not that I'm saying that she'll certainly sign with the WWE, nor that the WWE would even offer her a contract, but you're brushing it off as an impossibility, and it seems like you're out of touch with reality when you completely ignore one facet of this argument and shrug it off as it's non-existant.

Nevermind you made statements that you can't back up and are now ignoring now that I've called you out.

Offline Axel

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #52 on: 16 September 2009, 06:28:36 PM »
Again, two different people however. Gail wanted to cash, she hasn't put on a decent match since signing.

TNA offered Angelina a larger contract but the whole visa thing was the major setback. Which again, is Angelina and Jarret's fault.

She could go to WWE who knows but I see her to be one of those faithful company stars.

Offline Dale

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #53 on: 16 September 2009, 09:24:39 PM »
Quote from: Axel;34548
Gail wanted to cash, she hasn't put on a decent match since signing

That's your opinion but she has put on some decent matches in my opinion. As far as wanting cash, your right, but if all the reports are to believed then she wanted a bigger deal to stay with TNA as that was her preferred choice. The blame can all but put on Gail if it makes people feel better, but TNA should be equally to blame if not more. All they had to do was offer her the contract which reflected her importance to  the company, but they didn't which ultimately showed Gail what management thought of her. If it would have been a case that they couldn't afford the proposed contract then that would have bee understandable, but to rub it in Gail's face and then offer it to Jenna Morasca takes the biscuit.

- There has been no talk internally about TNA bringing Angelina Love back since her release.

Offline Axel

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #54 on: 16 September 2009, 09:32:30 PM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;34552
- There has been no talk internally about TNA bringing Angelina Love back since her release.
Nice. You forgot apart of the report.

TNAWrestlingNews.com has learned that TNA has shown interest in bringing back agents Pat Kenney and D-Lo Brown in recent weeks. We'll see.

There's been no talk internally about Angelina Love returning since she was released. They have been trying to work things out behind the scenes though according to TNAWrestlingNews.com sources.

Offline Dale

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #55 on: 16 September 2009, 09:40:01 PM »
Because it didn't mention in the report I read, ok? Once again, you focus on the lesser important part of my posts just so you don't have to respond the parts that matter.

Offline Axel

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #56 on: 16 September 2009, 10:25:09 PM »
You want an answer to what you said in your post?

Simple: TNA didn't have the money to pay Gail what she wanted at the time. Currently they have more money than they did at that time which now they can afford Jenna and Lashley.

Offline Dale

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #57 on: 17 September 2009, 02:51:23 AM »
That's absolute bullshit pure and simple. Your telling me in the space of 6 months, TNA went from not being able to afford to offer a larger contract to one it's top draws and an integral part of the KO division to then being able to offer that exact same offer (allegedly) to a woman who wrestled just once and was nothing more than a valet I think it was.

Offline Axel

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #58 on: 17 September 2009, 05:33:20 AM »
Explain to me how did they afford Lashley, Nash, Jenna and Slammiversary's big ass set that costed a fortune?

Offline Gorsty

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #59 on: 17 September 2009, 06:39:59 PM »
Just one thing I'd like to say about one of Prax's points, that being going to WWE is job security. Take a look at the numbers of released talent from both WWE and TNA and tell me that there is job security in WWE compared to TNA.

Just in the last week, 6 developmental talents have been released so that kind of takes away from the whole job security argument a tad. Granted, the money may be better, but that isn't the same as job security.