Author Topic: Angelina Love released!  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
Angelina Love released!
« on: 4 September 2009, 03:41:49 PM »
In a move that will probably take most fans of the company by surprise, former TNA Knockouts champion Angelina Love of the Beautiful People was released late yesterday by the company.

According to numerous sources within the company, there was some sort of issue with Love's work visa (she's Canadian) expiring and not being renewed as needed.

Love, who worked for TNA as recently as the Impact tapings this past Monday and Tuesday, had been working on a work visa originally granted to her from when she was under a WWE developmental deal. The existing visa has either expired or will expire shortly.

One TNA source referred to it as the company's "hands being tied" since they can't legally use Love if she doesn't have her paperwork in order. There was a lot of unhappiness within the company regarding the entire situation going down, although it seemed to be more disappointment as opposed to heat on Love.

My guess is that TNA would bring her back if and when she can get her paperwork in order, although the release would conceivably leave her available to sign with WWE and work there (pending a new work visa).

Love and Velvet Sky, as the Beautiful People, had been the top heel act for the TNA Knockouts division and were scheduled to be involved in an important bout on the No Surrender PPV on 9/22.

There's no word yet as to how Love will be written out of TNA storylines at this time.

-PWINSDER.COM-

Woah! Wasn't expecting that!!! This is such a huge loss for TNA and possibly a big gain for the WWE if they can grab her. But maybe TNA will re-sign her once the situation clears up.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Angelina Love released!
« Reply #1 on: 4 September 2009, 03:53:10 PM »
I really hope WWE picks her up, I find her so incredibly attractive. And TBH, they'd be stupid not to pick her up RIGHT NOW. Even if they give her the Gail Kim treatment, they'd screwed up TNA's next knockouts main event and the whole deal with TBP. And, as I said, she's hot :P

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Axel

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #2 on: 4 September 2009, 05:17:07 PM »
Why would WWE pick her up if she was released from their developmental in the first place? Besides, shes loyal enough to wait until her visa issues are cleared up to return with TNA.

The whole visa situation is really some deep shit. If government found out she has been without a Visa she wouldn't be allowed to come back to the US for 10 years and forced to pay back the money she had made here which is the worse thing you can make someone do.

Offline Captain Carefree

• LARIATOOO!
Angelina Love released!
« Reply #3 on: 4 September 2009, 06:12:12 PM »
Why get her? Apparently she has a poor attitude backstage and to be honest her ring work isn't that good but she is fairly attractive if i her voice is a bit annoying.......SHE'D BE PERFECT IN WWE.

[/U]

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
Angelina Love released!
« Reply #4 on: 4 September 2009, 06:43:32 PM »
Quote from: Axel;34025
Why would WWE pick her up if she was released from their developmental in the first place? Besides, shes loyal enough to wait until her visa issues are cleared up to return with TNA.

Why would the WWE pick her up? well for one TNA have made her into a well-known name, as she was one of the top heels in the whole company. As for being loyal I believe people said the same thing about Gail Kim before she jumped ship.

Offline Axel

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #5 on: 4 September 2009, 07:20:02 PM »
She can't sign with WWE because right now if word got out about her working in the US with an expired visa, WWE wouldn't be able to save her at all. She right is in a no win situation unless she gets a new visa soon.

She's also on bad terms with WWE anyhow.

I'll tell you, this information just goes to show how much she was well liked. From the locker room to all wrestling fans.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Angelina Love released!
« Reply #6 on: 4 September 2009, 07:30:29 PM »
Quote from: Axel;34039
She can't sign with WWE because right now if word got out about her working in the US with an expired visa, WWE wouldn't be able to save her at all. She right is in a no win situation unless she gets a new visa soon.

She's also on bad terms with WWE anyhow.

I'll tell you, this information just goes to show how much she was well liked. From the locker room to all wrestling fans.

They could hire her and not use her until her visa is sorted. Doesn't WWE usually take care of that for their employees anyway? I'm not too sure of the legalities of the matter, but I don't see how it could stop them from hiring her until it got sorted.

As for her being on bad terms with the WWE, that's obviously another story completely.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Axel

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #7 on: 4 September 2009, 08:22:24 PM »
Well they do but in Love's situation, Is bigger than what WWE can handle. Wouldn't want to get the bad wrap cause of her legal troubles.

After WWE closed Deep South with no prior warning, Angelina was ordered to move to OVW. She moved to a new state where she had literally zero friends, settled in, signed a year lease on a fancy new apartment and was promptly fired on her second day of work. After that she open stated she doesn't want any part of WWE due to the way they treat their woman's division and the hell they put her through.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
Angelina Love released!
« Reply #8 on: 4 September 2009, 09:32:42 PM »
Quote from: Axel;34043
After WWE closed Deep South with no prior warning, Angelina was ordered to move to OVW. She moved to a new state where she had literally zero friends, settled in, signed a year lease on a fancy new apartment and was promptly fired on her second day of work. After that she open stated she doesn't want any part of WWE due to the way they treat their woman's division and the hell they put her through.

Well you never know, take Sable for instance she tried to sue the WWE and talked so much shit about them, and then she returned 3 and a half years later.

Offline Axel

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #9 on: 4 September 2009, 10:40:30 PM »
Sable was a confused bitch anyways. I went to a convention which had a table booth for autographs and pictures and she acted like a total bitch for no reason.

Offline Dale

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #10 on: 5 September 2009, 12:59:20 AM »
Quote from: Axel;34025

Just because she was released from developmental doesn't mean anything. It's allowed her to go and progress as a wrestler in TNA and become a pretty big star for them and because she was formerly on the books at WWE and now a free agent could have caught their attention and ultimately offering her a deal.

Quote from: Axel;34043

Just sounds like the usual sour grapes you get from a former employee.

As far as my take goes on the situation, I think WWE would be pretty stupid not to approach her when the times right. She's pretty popular on her own, but even more so as TBP and could be a pretty big hit if she jumped ship. She reminds me of Maryse where her character kind of covers up for her average ability. With that being said though, she's a notch above Maryse in both in-ring ability and personality. Sign her up and pair her with Maryse and you've essentially created TBP...

Offline RVDgurl

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #11 on: 5 September 2009, 02:59:55 AM »
This is a big loss for TNA.  The Knockout Division has been consistently good since it's creation and Angelina Love has been at the center of that.  The Beautiful People have been a wildly successful gimmick and the departure of Love leaves Velvet Sky in no man's land.  Those two have been such a great heel combination that they deserve to be mentioned with the guys when talking about the best heels in wrestling across the board.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
Angelina Love released!
« Reply #12 on: 5 September 2009, 08:07:40 PM »
In a correction from yesterday's report concerning Lauren Williams' (professionally known as "Angelina Love") sudden departure from Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, it was noted that she had been working under a visa she obtained during her time under contract to World Wrestling Entertainment as a developmental talent a few years ago. This is incorrect as her visa would have been deemed invalid as soon as she was let go

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
Angelina Love released!
« Reply #13 on: 6 September 2009, 01:31:07 PM »

Angelina Love's Replacement
-- With the departure of Angelina Love from TNA, talk is going around that indy valet Trina Michaels may get her chance in the company and form a new version of "The Beautiful People."

What a let down, Why can

Offline Axel

Angelina Love released!
« Reply #14 on: 6 September 2009, 07:28:18 PM »
This is pretty much Jeff Jarret's fault since he was the one who was signing wrestlers at that time. Therefore, he was negligent of not making sure her visa situation was fixed before bringing her into the company. Dixie had no idea of this stuff which is why she released her so quickly.