Author Topic: TNA beats WWE in ratings in the UK  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Axel

TNA beats WWE in ratings in the UK
« on: 14 August 2009, 05:23:44 PM »
The following is a breakdown of ratings in The UK  for both TNA and WWE programming. While the number show TNA beating WWE for several weeks, it should be noted that Impact airs in a much more favorable time slot than Raw.
The July 27th edition of WWE RAW drew 57,000 while the July 30th edition of TNA Impact drew 70,000. The July 31st edition of WWE Smackdown drew 45,000.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/brand-new-missy-hyatt-photos-tna-beats-wwe-in-the-uk-82881
There is a reason why TNA has sold out the 2010 UK tour and now you see why.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2009, 05:37:50 PM »
Most of this will be down to the fact that Raw is on live at 1:00 in the morning on a working day, where as TNA is on at 9:00 on a Saturday, so obviously the times will have a big effect on the ratings cause people can’t stay up till 3:00 in the morning when they have work or school.

Offline Dale

« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2009, 05:39:01 PM »
Shame TNA don't come to the UK every week then :giggle

I don't get what your trying to get at here. I'm guessing this is some sort of baited attempt where you can say Vince is delusional and the product is faultering and TNA is fast emerging as a competitor to the WWE?

And Booty, it's actually 2am :lol

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2009, 06:18:32 PM »
LMFAO, what a hollow 'victory.'

Offline Axel

« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2009, 06:31:08 PM »
You guys are fucking idiots, I hope you know that. Do your research and you will find out why they moved WWE Programming to a later timeslot.

Offline Axel

« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2009, 06:33:27 PM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;33016
Shame TNA don't come to the UK every week then :giggle

I don't get what your trying to get at here. I'm guessing this is some sort of baited attempt where you can say Vince is delusional and the product is faultering and TNA is fast emerging as a competitor to the WWE?

Still have that Dick up your ass I see. Don't ever put words in my mouth, If you don't see anything posted like that then don't assume.

See, I try to be nice but of course you all purposely find ways to piss me off.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2009, 06:35:57 PM »

Offline Dale

« Reply #7 on: 14 August 2009, 06:46:22 PM »
We're the idiots? Look at the fucking quote you posted and your response to it 8-)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #8 on: 14 August 2009, 07:03:46 PM »
not really impressive but at least it's something i guess.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #9 on: 14 August 2009, 07:10:52 PM »
Quote from: Axel;33020

Still have that Dick up your ass I see. Don't ever put words in my mouth...

Well, Dale has a dick up his ass, and you're the one that doesn't want words in your mouth....

Post of the year imo.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #10 on: 14 August 2009, 07:39:09 PM »
Here is the thing... WWE makes there money in North America. Whatever is done overseas doesn't matter too much. Sure, it is a nice stream of revenue with international TV but they caring about selling merch and I bet WWE outsells TNA in merchandise in the UK.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Axel

« Reply #11 on: 14 August 2009, 08:06:29 PM »
Quote from: AngryCaz;33021

That's real mature huh? This is why the forum has only 10 people who post here. Again, I'm posting stats. I would do the same for WWE if they didn't do it on very fucking show.

There is no reason to try to make me look like I'm putting TNA over WWE.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #12 on: 14 August 2009, 08:31:46 PM »
But the thing is you are putting TNA over WWE, all your other posts justify this position...

As for these "stats", to not assume 13,000 more people over in the UK would watch Raw if it was on at an earlier time doesn't make any sense.  Does Raw have any replays at a better time in the UK?  I would like to see the statistics of the combined rating of the live telecast at 1 or 2am plus any replays that air at a time for a more general audience.

Overseas it seems that there are a larger percentage of wrestling fans relative to the country's population than there is in the U.S.  I agree with Cannon that a vast majority of the profit these companies receive from TV etc. is from their U.S. contracts, but I would guess of the 57,000 that watch Raw weekly most of them watch impact as well since it is on at a more younger audience friendly time in the UK.

The post by Caz may not have been very mature, but your cuss filled response to dale and others wasn't any better...

BTW, I almost lost my lunch when that giant pic of Missy Hyatt popped up on that link....

Offline Dale

« Reply #13 on: 14 August 2009, 08:35:15 PM »
Quote from: Axel;33032
There is no reason to try to make me look like I'm putting TNA over WWE.

But you are, that's why you posted it originally :huh Your trying to put them over as doing something groundbreaking by selling out shows in the UK because they are "beating" them in the ratings.

and to Narc, we get it live at 2am replayed Thursday at 9pm and replayed Friday at 5pm.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #14 on: 14 August 2009, 09:01:47 PM »
Quote from: Cannon;33028
Here is the thing... WWE makes there money in North America. Whatever is done overseas doesn't matter too much. Sure, it is a nice stream of revenue with international TV but they caring about selling merch and I bet WWE outsells TNA in merchandise in the UK.

Actually, WWE has been shifting a lot of their live events overseas and there has even been talk of an international brand. They make a ton of money overseas and that's one thing they're doing very well as a business -- recognizing that over 90% of the world's population isn't in north america.

But this means nothing, RAW airs live and impact airs on the weekends.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.