Author Topic: Jeff Jarret released from TNA  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Axel

Jeff Jarret released from TNA
« on: 1 August 2009, 07:29:45 PM »
It appears as of this afternoon that Jeff Jarrett is out. Dutch Mantel was there to take care of Jarrett's interest, and to make sure he got his way creatively. Carter has to cut him, and the people like him who are there in Jarrett's' best interest, and not Carter's company, so that they don't try to undercut her efforts to send the company in a new creative direction. That's an old game - keep the new regime off point to prepare for the return of the old way.

-- PWTorch audio                      

It's not 100% confirmed until the other news sites starts reporting it but after yesterday's firings, I'm pretty damn sure it's legit.

Now, I won't have to hear him say "As the founder of TNA" in every single sentence anymore. Dixie Carter is the new Goldberg.

BG James & Don West...YOUR NEXT!

Offline Gorsty

« Reply #1 on: 1 August 2009, 09:46:37 PM »
This is fucking insane if this is true.

Looking at the moves Dixie has been making, next to go should be BG/Kip James as neither have done anything of note in a long time, and they are just getting a paycheque for doing nothing.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 1 August 2009, 10:46:59 PM »
i haven't heard of this from any other place so im not gonna bite just yet. but if it really is true i aplaud diie carter for actually trying to make a change.

Offline Dale

« Reply #3 on: 2 August 2009, 02:05:50 AM »
It's all fine and dandy them making cut after cut but if they don't have anyone lined up to replace them then they could end up in a worse position than they started in. If they are making changes then they need to shake things up from the very top, all the way down to the bottom. Out with the old (literally) and in with the new. Be something new, give people a reason to want to tune in.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #4 on: 2 August 2009, 03:41:32 AM »
Quote from: Axel;32542
It appears as of this afternoon that Jeff Jarrett is out. Dutch Mantel was there to take care of Jarrett's interest, and to make sure he got his way creatively. Carter has to cut him, and the people like him who are there in Jarrett's' best interest, and not Carter's company, so that they don't try to undercut her efforts to send the company in a new creative direction. That's an old game - keep the new regime off point to prepare for the return of the old way.

-- PWTorch audio                      

It's not 100% confirmed until the other news sites starts reporting it but after yesterday's firings, I'm pretty damn sure it's legit.

Now, I won't have to hear him say "As the founder of TNA" in every single sentence anymore. Dixie Carter is the new Goldberg.

BG James & Don West...YOUR NEXT!

When I posted the the story about Dutch being released I put my views and said that big things were going to happen... And they are. When Mantell was released I knew Jarrett was fucked..

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Axel

« Reply #5 on: 2 August 2009, 04:23:10 AM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;32555
It's all fine and dandy them making cut after cut but if they don't have anyone lined up to replace them then they could end up in a worse position than they started in. If they are making changes then they need to shake things up from the very top, all the way down to the bottom. Out with the old (literally) and in with the new. Be something new, give people a reason to want to tune in.

They obviously do have backup, It would make no sense to release them unless they have someone to back them up.

Jarret was head booker since his release or whatever you want to call it, Vince Russo is now taking his place as head booker.

Jeremy Borash is now apart of the creative team. Most likely, temporary.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #6 on: 2 August 2009, 04:56:40 AM »
Well I'm not to sure on that one Axel, I'm pretty sure I read something about Russo's job being on the line too and sooner or later I have a feeling that he's gonna to get canned. Or at very least moved out of that head booker posisition.

But honestly, I'm glad to see that TNA is making these kind of big moves. The way the company has been going lately it's pretty much just been in a stalemate for the last few years. Hopefully with Jarrett's creative control out of the way it will open the doors for some fresh faces in the main event.

Only problem now is making  sure Russo doesn't last too long as head booker. If TNA wants someone good, they should start looking into trying to get  Heyman  to sign a deal.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline Axel

« Reply #7 on: 2 August 2009, 05:43:05 PM »
Heyman would be good but it's risky, see why here:

Big Backstage News On Paul Heyman & TNA - Details
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

Source: PWTorch.com

There is a feeling among friends of Paul Heyman that he would accept a position with TNA if he had power beyond just writing the shows. Heyman apparently feels TNA needs an overhaul both on the talent side and in the office but doesn

Offline Dale

« Reply #8 on: 3 August 2009, 03:48:15 AM »
Quote from: Axel;32558
Quote from: Mick Clique;32555

They obviously do have backup, It would make no sense to release them unless they have someone to back them up.

Jarret was head booker since his release or whatever you want to call it, Vince Russo is now taking his place as head booker.

Jeremy Borash is now apart of the creative team. Most likely, temporary.

Well it remains to see if they do have backup, I guess we will see in time once everything is cleared up. Right now it just seems as if they're clearing out the Jarret Boys.

Also, placing Vince Russo as head booker is hardly a replacement. Amongst the IWC the guy is pretty much loathed and blamed for the vast majority of shit in TNA and that was just as a booker, now your promoting to head booker where presumably he will have the largest say in what goes on.

Offline Axel

« Reply #9 on: 4 August 2009, 05:53:15 AM »
Hmmm...Maybe, Russo isn't the problem.

TNA Creative Update - Vince Russo Boosts TNA Ratings?

Credit: ProWrestling.NET

The creative team currently consists of Vince Russo and Matt Conway. If you

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #10 on: 4 August 2009, 06:12:52 AM »
Quote from: Axel;32653
Hmmm...Maybe, Russo isn't the problem.

TNA Creative Update - Vince Russo Boosts TNA Ratings?

Credit: ProWrestling.NET

The creative team currently consists of Vince Russo and Matt Conway. If you

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 4 August 2009, 12:04:03 PM »
Is it just me who thinks the topic title is highly misleading as nobody else has reported that Jarrett has actually been released from TNA?
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Axel

« Reply #12 on: 4 August 2009, 04:24:44 PM »
He is out of the company, apparently instead of it being his "release" to avoid any sort of turmoil, they said he stepped down from his position when he was actually forced out.

Quote from: Adampro123;32656

plus the guns haven't been on impact as of late and neither has daniels. not to mention victory road might have been the worst PPV i ever seen and i think Russo booked that too.

Russo did book the PPV but it was Jarret who originally booked it and his suspension made everyone had to change the whole PPV at the very last minute which is why Victory Road sucked.

Believe it or it, Blacklash 2009 was the worst PPV. Victory Road comes in second place.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 4 August 2009, 05:12:46 PM »
Quote from: Axel;32668
He is out of the company, apparently instead of it being his "release" to avoid any sort of turmoil, they said he stepped down from his position when he was actually forced out.

plus the guns haven't been on impact as of late and neither has daniels. not to mention victory road might have been the worst PPV i ever seen and i think Russo booked that too.

Russo did book the PPV but it was Jarret who originally booked it and his suspension made everyone had to change the whole PPV at the very last minute which is why Victory Road sucked.

Believe it or it, Blacklash 2009 was the worst PPV. Victory Road comes in second place.

Blacklash? Is that like Bobby Lashley's new nickname? :lol

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 4 August 2009, 06:00:37 PM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;32671
Quote from: Axel;32668

Blacklash? Is that like Bobby Lashley's new nickname? :lol

oh my god that was the first good prax post in months! (Y)

but onto axel. Backlash had some good matches victory road didn't

backlash had

Ricky Steamboat vs Chris Jericho (steamboat doing a lot better than any of the old TNA guys)
Jeff Hardy vs Matt Hardy
Edge vs Cena in the last man standing
Jack Swagger vs Christian

then punk vs Kane wasn't bad it was just bad booking.
and i don't really remember the 6 man tag but with triple h losing the title that alone had to be enjoyable.

the only bad thing on there was probably the kahli kiss cam but that had to be better than sharmell vs jenna's shitfest.

so i suggest you go back and re-watch backlash because it had some good matches on it while victory road had nothing but shit. not 1 good match on the card and the only thing that was ok was AJ vs nash and Beer money vs Booker & Steiner.