Author Topic: Elijah Burke signs with TNA; Russo's job in jeopardy  (Read 920 times)

Offline Axel

Elijah Burke signs with TNA; Russo's job in jeopardy
« on: 30 July 2009, 04:02:01 AM »
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Elijah Burke has been signed by TNA and will be debuting under a new ring name that is said to be likely a heavily gimmicked name. Burke has been wrestling a lot at Ohio Valley Wrestling as of late.

here has been a lot of talk within TNA over how Jeff Jarrett

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2009, 04:25:39 AM »
I thought you said you knew for a FACT that Burke was done with wrestling? :lol

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2009, 12:44:51 PM »
I really don't see why jim cournett isn't even considered to be a booker.

but anyway they need to do something fast because TNA is pretty much a retirement home right now which can put on some good stuff from time to time but most of the time it just sucks because most of the guys can't wrestle anymore and the guys who can wrestle don't get pushed or don't get time to show it or get stuck in there with an old bastard who can't go anymore.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #3 on: 30 July 2009, 06:19:30 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;32401
I really don't see why jim cournett isn't even considered to be a booker.

but anyway they need to do something fast because TNA is pretty much a retirement home right now which can put on some good stuff from time to time but most of the time it just sucks because most of the guys can't wrestle anymore and the guys who can wrestle don't get pushed or don't get time to show it or get stuck in there with an old bastard who can't go anymore.

I a-gree. If I were her,  Dutch Mantel and Vince Russo would be gone and I would bring in Cornette and D'amore back.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Axel

« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2009, 09:26:09 PM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;32397

Your boyfriend Mickie Clique said that. Not me.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 30 July 2009, 11:28:20 PM »
Quote from: Axel;31831
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;31749
Quote from: Axel;31746
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;31687
Quote from: Axel;31677
Damn, I was hoping to see him wrestle again. Damn it WWE.

Oh yes, I'm sure Elijah's decision to quit wrestling was totally due to the WWE... damn you make a lot of assumptions without really knowing any facts.

Really? Well I'm pretty sure he would have continued to wrestle if they didn't release him. Please stop riding on WWE because It's failing.

I know the facts, do you?

What facts? You know elijah personally and he told you himself? Or did Vince or someone else high up in WWE tell you this? Maybe he was just riding out his contract with WWE? It seems very unlikely that a single release from WWE killed his entire will to wrestle. That's just fucking retarded.

Well let's follow the timeline.

- Once was wrestling, his last match was against Matt Hardy on SmackDown.

- Voiced his opinion on the WWE Diva Search. Vince didn't like it and fucked him over cause of it.

- He was off TV for months and months.

- Then he wrestled at house matches under a new gimmick which never made TV.

- Then was released.

-  He did a couple try out matches for TNA. And from the looks of things, didn't get signed.

-  Now he's done with wrestling at the moment.

And that's the way it was.

Whatever "my boyfriend" said, you seemed to go along with it as if it were a fact just fine.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Captain Carefree

• LARIATOOO!
« Reply #6 on: 30 July 2009, 11:30:06 PM »
Thank Jebus. Don West shouldn't be fired though, he should just be re-assigned with an annoying voice like that he could be a good manger for some smaller wrestlers or indeed a new type of authority to say the X-Division guys or something like that ANYTHING to get the x-division up and running again.

Yes! Yes! Oh God Yes! Vince Russo. The most egotistical and overated booker in Professional wrestling! His car crash style has made TNA worse not better. I've even heard 'Fire Russo' chants at Indy shows in British wrestling.

Captain Carefree.

[/U]

Offline Pala!

« Reply #7 on: 31 July 2009, 12:04:38 AM »
FIRE RUSSO *clap clap clap clap clap* FIRE RUSSO.

It looks like Paul Heyman will be working with TNA and the best thing TNA could do is give him the head bookers job.

Offline Dale

« Reply #8 on: 31 July 2009, 12:53:58 AM »
Quote from: Axel;32415
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;32397

Your boyfriend Mickie Clique said that. Not me.

Quote from: Hollywood Prax;32422
Quote from: Axel;31831
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;31749
Quote from: Axel;31746
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;31687
Quote from: Axel;31677
Damn, I was hoping to see him wrestle again. Damn it WWE.

Oh yes, I'm sure Elijah's decision to quit wrestling was totally due to the WWE... damn you make a lot of assumptions without really knowing any facts.
Really? Well I'm pretty sure he would have continued to wrestle if they didn't release him. Please stop riding on WWE because It's failing.

I know the facts, do you?

What facts? You know elijah personally and he told you himself? Or did Vince or someone else high up in WWE tell you this? Maybe he was just riding out his contract with WWE? It seems very unlikely that a single release from WWE killed his entire will to wrestle. That's just fucking retarded.

Well let's follow the timeline.

- Once was wrestling, his last match was against Matt Hardy on SmackDown.

- Voiced his opinion on the WWE Diva Search. Vince didn't like it and fucked him over cause of it.

- He was off TV for months and months.

- Then he wrestled at house matches under a new gimmick which never made TV.

- Then was released.

-  He did a couple try out matches for TNA. And from the looks of things, didn't get signed.

And that's the way it was.

Whatever "my boyfriend" said, you seemed to go along with it as if it were a fact just fine.

Quote from: Mick Clique;31667
Elijah is done with wrestling he said in a recent interview or something. He's doing a degree in criminal justice or something.

Where did I state facts? The only person around here stating FACTS appeared to be you. Guess they weren't facts afterall 8-)

Offline Axel

« Reply #9 on: 31 July 2009, 08:11:51 PM »
Are you all seriously blinded by your own ignorance?  Read what I said.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #10 on: 31 July 2009, 09:49:17 PM »
Quote from: Axel;32484
Are you all seriously blinded by your own ignorance?  Read what I said.
You posted that a week ago.

Offline Axel

« Reply #11 on: 31 July 2009, 11:50:47 PM »
Exactly my point. Key word being "moment" he did some indy stuff...he is currently finishing up on his degree and TNA is next for him.

Offline Dale

« Reply #12 on: 7 August 2009, 01:12:05 PM »
-- On tonight's episode of Impact, a brief vignette aired promoting Elijah Burke's new character, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero. It was noted that he's "coming" on August 16th, which is when the Hard Justice pay-per-view takes place.

Guess it makes sense giving his whole online gimmick of being 'The Black Pope.' Not feeling the D'Angelo part though =/

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #13 on: 7 August 2009, 02:06:50 PM »
yeah my thoughts exactly. i would have liked a different name or to just be called the new black pope but oh well let's see what he can bring to TNA.

Offline Axel

« Reply #14 on: 8 August 2009, 12:08:14 AM »
I marked out when I saw the vignette last night. 200 bucks says he'll debut in the Steel Asylum.