Author Topic: TNA Signs Bobby Lashley & New Knockout  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Axel

TNA Signs Bobby Lashley & New Knockout
« on: 16 July 2009, 07:45:11 PM »
The full Interview:

Also TNA signed a new Knockout.

Coming off the heels of the recent signing of Sarita, Jeremy Borash has noted on his Twitter account that the company has signed Ayako Hamada to the Knockouts Division.

So, TNA's new wrestlers list:

-Sarah Stock (Sarita)
-Taz
-Bobby Lashley
-Ayako Hamada
--
Future Talent:

-Mr. Anderson, formally known as Mr. Kennedy.
-Umaga

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2009, 07:57:02 PM »
way to make your own stars TNA..

Offline Axel

« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2009, 08:04:47 PM »
For your Information, TNA signed Lashley to support his MMA career since he was stuggling with money due to flight trips from Colorado to Florida where MFC is located. In return, Lashley gives back to his wrestling fanbase.

Listen to the Interview first please.

As for TNA making their own stars....Have you not seen Beer Money?

TNA and Playboy are in talks with getting Velvet Sky and Angelina Love on the cover of Playboy.  So, TNA does make their own stars. Look at Matt Morgan, for example. He was with WWE didn't do shit but now is a great wrestler with TNA.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #3 on: 16 July 2009, 08:10:16 PM »
I think Lashley is a superb signing for TNA.

He could be a mega star if they use him right...

... then again it's TNA doing the booking, he'll win the World Title and then fuck off to MMA.

Offline Axel

« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2009, 08:14:10 PM »
Not really, he's doing both at the sametime. He'll be wrestling full time at  TNA's weekly tapings and for the rest of the month he'll do MMA.  So Lashley could end up being a World Champion in both companies.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
« Reply #5 on: 16 July 2009, 08:30:39 PM »
Do you really think that if UFC calls up Lashley, he'll choose TNA over them? Honestly?

TNA is nothing more than a launch pad for Lashley to get into UFC. He needs to get some mainstream attention and whilst TNA isn't on a huge level in terms of viewers - it's a platform for him to get noticed.

If Lashley is doing MMA & TNA at the same time; he's obviously not signed an iron clad contract with them. I honestly doubt he'll be a long time competitor in TNA.

Offline Axel

« Reply #6 on: 16 July 2009, 08:40:12 PM »
True, but I don't see UFC taking Lashley. Dana White said it herself,  she isn't interested in signing him. Lashley is the one hell bent on getting in but time will tell if she changes her mind.

All I want is Lashley vs. Angle before Kurt retires this year.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
« Reply #7 on: 16 July 2009, 08:46:07 PM »
Quote from: Axel;31270
True, but I don't see UFC taking Lashley. Dana White said it herself,  she isn't interested in signing him. Lashley is the one hell bent on getting in but time will tell if she changes her mind.

All I want is Lashley vs. Angle before Kurt retires this year.

Dana White is a man. Do you even know what you're taking about? :huh

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 16 July 2009, 09:00:36 PM »
Axel, if you're fucking with me about Love and Sky in Playboy, I will fucking perma-ban you.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #9 on: 16 July 2009, 09:17:57 PM »
Quote from: Axel;31259
For your Information, TNA signed Lashley to support his MMA career since he was stuggling with money due to flight trips from Colorado to Florida where MFC is located. In return, Lashley gives back to his wrestling fanbase.

Listen to the Interview first please.

As for TNA making their own stars....Have you not seen Beer Money?

TNA and Playboy are in talks with getting Velvet Sky and Angelina Love on the cover of Playboy.  So, TNA does make their own stars. Look at Matt Morgan, for example. He was with WWE didn't do shit but now is a great wrestler with TNA.

i said STARS not people in a tag team or knockouts division im talking about main event guys and guys who are in world title matches.

and besides AJ and Joe beings thrown in a 5 person match there hasn't been any TNA made guy in a championship match at a PPV.

and give the source on the rumor of TNA being in talks with playboy about TBP.

Offline Axel

« Reply #10 on: 16 July 2009, 11:50:22 PM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;31278
Axel, if you're fucking with me about Love and Sky in Playboy, I will fucking perma-ban you.
Well, the news on that was last month so I'm not sure how irrelevant it is now. But WWE and Playboy aren't working together anymore so TNA can easily jump in and fill that void.

Quote from: Adampro123;31283

i said STARS not people in a tag team or knockouts division im talking about main event guys and guys who are in world title matches.

Hernandez is the "star" however he won't get his title run until he returns from surgery. As for the Playboy, the report was on TNA's website last month.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 17 July 2009, 12:55:24 AM »
Quote from: Axel;31291
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;31278
Well, the news on that was last month so I'm not sure how irrelevant it is now. But WWE and Playboy aren't working together anymore so TNA can easily jump in and fill that void.

Quote from: Adampro123;31283

Hernandez is the "star" however he won't get his title run until he returns from surgery. As for the Playboy, the report was on TNA's website last month.

that's just an assumption, an assumption that i don't really have confedence in beings he had already won that case and then he and cide both lost to kurt angle at the same time. and even if they do put the belt on hernandez and somehow make him a star then that will be 1...i guess you could say 3 guys (4 if you want abyss but he's become laughable now) in 7 years...

with all this said
i do like lashley
i do like umaga
i do like kennedy
i do like tazz
im sure the new knockouts will help the division
i would love to see TBP in playboy

so im happy these guys are getting aquired but i just wish TNA would work more on there own stars or talent from indies than former WWE guys,

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #12 on: 17 July 2009, 01:47:46 AM »
Meh. I don't really care for Lashley signing a TNA contract being that I was never a fan of his any way. But I do love the way that TNA is stacking up their Knockout's division.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Big Daddy V

• Favourite Wrestler(s): HBK, Daniel Bryan, Big Daddy V, John Morrison, Goldust, Booker T, CM Punk.
« Reply #13 on: 17 July 2009, 12:11:20 PM »
I think Bobby Lashley is a great signing for TNA. But unfortunatley it is TNA and so he will probably be misused but i am begging for Angle vs Lashley it would be epic. Also TNA do have many homegrown stars but they are not used to their full potential beacuse of the ridiculuse booking in TNA and Jeff Jarrets favourites !

@lewlew94

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 18 July 2009, 02:42:03 PM »
Quote from: Sycho Shanti;31297
Meh. I don't really care for Lashley signing a TNA contract being that I was never a fan of his any way. But I do love the way that TNA is stacking up their Knockout's division.

I completely agree - I never liked Lashley so him signing with TNA doesn't bother me, but it is good to know that they're building up the Knockout's division - though they probably should have done so earlier than they have.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.