Author Topic: Wimbledon  (Read 261 times)

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Wimbledon
« on: 5 July 2009, 05:05:58 PM »
Just watching the final now and wondering what everyone has thought of this year's Wimbledon tournament. I haven't watched wrestling for a while now because I have been following the tennis. I am hoping to see Roddick beat Federer, he seems to have better sportsmanship and deserves to finally win after getting to the finals and losing to Federer before. Despite being a brit I was glad Roddick beat murray as I happen to think Murray is an absolute fag.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
Wimbledon
« Reply #1 on: 5 July 2009, 08:37:23 PM »
I thought this years matches were extremely underwhealming.

The final was boring as hell, it was pretty obvious that Federer was going to win from the get-go - Roddick didn't stand a chance; props to him for putting up a decent enough fight though.

Wish Nadal would have defended his crown, would be interesting to see if we'd of gotten Nadal/Federer again.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Wimbledon
« Reply #2 on: 11 July 2009, 04:20:53 PM »
Quote from: AngryCaz;30498
I thought this years matches were extremely underwhealming.

The final was boring as hell, it was pretty obvious that Federer was going to win from the get-go - Roddick didn't stand a chance; props to him for putting up a decent enough fight though.

Wish Nadal would have defended his crown, would be interesting to see if we'd of gotten Nadal/Federer again.

Are you joking? The final was unpredictable as hell. The match was damn long and it took the entire match for Federer to finally break Roddick's serve. Roddick also broke Federer's serve earlier in the match so how did Roddick not stand a chance when he led the match? He played as well but there can only be one winner.
Also Roddick vs Murray in the semi final was an awesome match. Did you even watch the matches fully or did you just listen to those idiot commentators who just kiss Federer's arse?