Author Topic: R-Truth Gimmick Change  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #75 on: 22 July 2009, 06:15:26 PM »
Quote from: John Doe;31922
Quote from: Mini Kong;31921
Quote from: John Doe;31916
Michael Clarke duncan is black and he is a huge John Cena fan, I bet he hasn't turned around and said "I love R-Truth because of Pretty Ricky, I'm black therefore automatically find this gimmick hilarious."
In this case it doesn't matter what race you are Pretty Ricky is generally really unfunny.

I'm not saying that EVERY black person is going to find it automatically hilarious. I'm just saying that there are those who are going to completely over look the fact that it's offensive and take it for what it is.

What is it though? In general what is it all about? I just don't see anyone watching that like "oh yeah pretty ricky cool."
I'd feel awkward watching it if one of my black friends was round in general to be honest.

It's just one of those things you aren't going to get unless you were a black person for like a whole month. Honestly I don't get it either but that's just the way it is. It's as sensless and stupid as a black person saying the N word and getting all butt hurt when someone from another race says it. I've been called "White washed" for stupid reasons like being smart. Kanye West wasn't accepted by other rappers in the biz when he first broke in (when he started to produce before rapping) because of the type of clothes he wore. Sorry if I confused you, but there just isn't any other  way to put it :lol
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #76 on: 22 July 2009, 06:48:13 PM »
Quote from: Mini Kong;31923

The reason why I said Denzel and Halle don't count because without those two there really aren't any names left to think of (besides Will Smith).

Terence Howard
Don Cheadle (even though he did Hotel Rwanda)

Even SamuEL has done some good role where it didn't matter that he was black.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #77 on: 22 July 2009, 06:58:35 PM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;31927
Quote from: Mini Kong;31923

The reason why I said Denzel and Halle don't count because without those two there really aren't any names left to think of (besides Will Smith).

Terence Howard
Don Cheadle (even though he did Hotel Rwanda)

Even SamuEL has done some good role where it didn't matter that he was black.

"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #78 on: 22 July 2009, 09:48:52 PM »
Credit: F4WOnline.com

- It's being said that Vince McMahon is pretty high on R-Truth

Offline Axel

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #79 on: 31 July 2009, 08:16:55 PM »
^ Vince is ass. Simple as that, If he wanted that gimmick  so badly he could have found someone else to pull it off with, they have a shitload of guys in FCW they could have used.

Offline Dale

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #80 on: 1 August 2009, 02:36:33 AM »
Quote from: Axel;32486
^ Vince is ass. Simple as that, If he wanted that gimmick  so badly he could have found someone else to pull it off with, they have a shitload of guys in FCW they could have used.

I guess you didn't read the article properly then? It's not like Vince came up with the gimmick idea and then dumped it on R-Truth that's why he couldn't have used someone from FCW. Truth is obviously comfortable doing it otherwise he wouldn't do it backstage. I would go as far as saying that the WWE official would have got confirmation from Truth on doing the gimmick as an alter-ego before going back to Vince with it, but hey if blaming Vince for coming up with stuff like this does it for you then go ahead with it.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #81 on: 1 August 2009, 05:02:01 AM »
Quote from: Axel;32486

As much as I dislike the gimmick, don't you think it would REALLY make Vince an ass if he took the gimmick Killings made up and gave it to someone else?

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.