Author Topic: R-Truth Gimmick Change  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #30 on: 14 July 2009, 01:56:43 AM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;31019
Quote from: Adampro123;31005
I wouldn't go as far to say the WWE is racist i mean bobby lashley was on top of the worls at one point and was gonna go even higher.

On top of the world of extreme, not the same :P

well he was on the cover of games and magazines, not to mention involved in the biggest angle of mania 23 with trump and mcmahon. im sure if WWE was racist they wouldn't have chosen him because that's a pretty huge spot.

hell plus the guys feuded with vince for a w3hile and even beat vince

Offline Axel

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #31 on: 14 July 2009, 02:00:38 AM »
Vince really did have high hopes for Lashley. Very high.

I still can't believe he's the only Wrestler to win the "new" ECW title twice.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #32 on: 14 July 2009, 02:09:09 AM »
Nah i was kidding about the racist stuff... I don't think WWE per say is racist... but who's the head writer of Smackdown? think about it...

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Axel

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #33 on: 14 July 2009, 02:25:33 AM »
Wasn't Micheal Hayes the reason Mark Henry got moved to ECW?

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #34 on: 14 July 2009, 02:26:41 AM »
I'm not defending this shitty gimmick, but to say that the WWE is racist or w/e is a bit too harsh IMO. Prejudice is a more appropriate word. But it's not only the WWE. You have TNA doing what they are doing with Sojo. (Note to Axel: I'm  not taking a shot at TNA. Just making a point)
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #35 on: 14 July 2009, 02:28:55 AM »
Quote from: Axel;31028
Wasn't Micheal Hayes the reason Mark Henry got moved to ECW?

Bingo.

Offline Axel

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #36 on: 14 July 2009, 02:31:04 AM »
Sojo is a random name but who cares she looks good and she can wrestle. She needs more TV time and they need to decide on if she's a face or a heel but I have to say I haven't seen anything racsit in WWE but like you said,  prejudice.

When was the last time you had a black WWE Champ? (Booker doesn't count).

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #37 on: 14 July 2009, 02:34:44 AM »
Quote from: Axel;31031
Sojo is a random name but who cares she looks good and she can wrestle. She needs more TV time and they need to decide on if she's a face or a heel but I have to say I haven't seen anything racsit in WWE but like you said,  prejudice.

I rather her stay off of my TV set. Not attracted to her and I don't think she is a very good wrestler. And the reason why I brung up her name because TNA gave her the typical "anti-white girl" ghetto black woman treatment.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #38 on: 14 July 2009, 02:37:58 AM »

When was the last time you had a black WWE Champ? (Booker doesn't count).

Nevermind that racism is a form of prejudice... but to be fair Booker should count. The Rock was half black :P

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #39 on: 14 July 2009, 02:39:56 AM »
WWE is racist.. I've believed so for a while now, and as Axel pointed out when's the last time we had a black WWE Champion? There's a lot of black superstars in the WWE who I believe have been harshly treated, mostly on the SmackDown side of things with a certain booker.. I remember someone pointing out a long while ago that Vince confronted Shelton (not doing this cause I'm a mark) about being pushed up to the World Title scene eventually, but Michael Hayes pooed all over it.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Axel

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #40 on: 14 July 2009, 02:45:06 AM »
Quote from: Sycho Shanti;31034

I rather her stay off of my TV set. Not attracted to her and I don't think she is a very good wrestler. And the reason why I brung up her name because TNA gave her the typical "anti-white girl" ghetto black woman treatment.

It's not really typcial since wanted some diverstity in terms of persona.  It's not different to Cryme Tyme's gimmick. People would consider that a stereotype.

- ODB is the drunken adrenaline junkie.

- The Beautiful People are the prissy girls who are conceited.

- Tara is the strong powerful wrestler

- Sojo is the black ghetto wrestler.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #41 on: 14 July 2009, 03:40:19 AM »
Quote from: Axel;31037
Quote from: Sycho Shanti;31034

It's not really typcial since wanted some diverstity in terms of persona.  It's not different to Cryme Tyme's gimmick. People would consider that a stereotype.

- ODB is the drunken adrenaline junkie.

- The Beautiful People are the prissy girls who are conceited.

- Tara is the strong powerful wrestler

- Sojo is the black ghetto wrestler.

If all they wanted was some diversity in terms of persona, Why not just make her into someone who generally has a bad, no nonsense, take no shit attitude to everyone in the locker room? Being black and ghetto is a very common stereotype so there for her persona is a stereotype.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline Axel

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #42 on: 14 July 2009, 04:42:10 AM »
Her gimmick isn't that bad, she only showed her ghetto side during the recent promo. Rhaka Khan is the biggest ghetto bitch in the ring and outside it.

It's ironic how we were talking about racism in WWE and we finally get a black ref lol.

Offline Dale

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #43 on: 15 July 2009, 04:00:16 AM »
Quote from: John Doe;30990
I do sometimes suspect racism in the WWE to be honest. Shelton and R-Truth are two of the most talented wrestlers yet never seem to get that far (we will see about Kofi later, they pushed Benjamin a lot to begin with only to have him become a huge jobber.)

Quote from: J2M;31036
WWE is racist.. I've believed so for a while now, and as Axel pointed out when's the last time we had a black WWE Champion? There's a lot of black superstars in the WWE who I believe have been harshly treated, mostly on the SmackDown side of things with a certain booker.. I remember someone pointing out a long while ago that Vince confronted Shelton (not doing this cause I'm a mark) about being pushed up to the World Title scene eventually, but Michael Hayes pooed all over it.

I'm not attacking either of you guys personally but those views are absolutely fucking moronic. You mean to tell me the WWE are racist because they aint making black guys world champions? Did it never occur to you that there hasn't been any black world champions recently simply because there hasn't been any who are good enough and has nothing to do with their skin colour? The sooner the people realise that Shelton is nothing but an IWC favourite the better. Yes he's a great athelete, but it takes a hell of a lot more than that to be a world champion. If it was down to pure wrestling skill we would have had guys like Lance Storm, William Regal as world champions. By all means blame the bookers for not being able to see the potential or any creative ideas for them, but when you out it down to purely skin colour it's not something I will agree with nor respect.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #44 on: 15 July 2009, 04:42:23 AM »
Dale, Like I said to you before, and i said to you on MSN, it's not because they're not world champions. That's 1 person in the entire company (ok, 2...). But to deny that WWE doesn't hold back people is moronically blind. Shelton may or may not be world champion material, but they've held him down so many times without reason despite getting good heel heat and being one of the best pure wrestlers in the WWE yet alone the industry, and they've never had a reason. He's finally doing well on Smackdown and they move him to ECW to curtain jerk? You can't tell me that's a coincidence...

Mark Henry? Michael Hayes? Do I have to say more? They suspended him for 60 days as a result!

Now Pretty Ricky?

It may or may not be isolated to Smackdown and Michael Hayes, but you can't deny there isn't a pattern here. Sure these guys may not be main eventers, but the type of treatment they get is ridiculous.

The wrestling industry usually has a very old school mentality on these things. A lot of the people who work on creative and as road agents, Vince included, are people that were around the industry in the 70s and even earlier, where no one really cared if you were a racist or not, or a sexist, or whatever. And the industry never really matured from that, because most of these people are still in the industry. WWE doesn't apply itself to normal working conditions for a company. Hell, they don't even consider their wrestlers employees! There's a big underlying problem here, and frankly I think with every stupid gimmick or wrestler being held back it's pretty plain to see.