Author Topic: R-Truth Gimmick Change  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Axel

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #15 on: 11 July 2009, 03:34:23 AM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;30851
Main event material :lol Just because he was champion in some second rate company doesn't make him a main eventer in the big league.

I watched SmackDown and thought it was pretty damn funny. It didn't look forced and he pulled it off pretty damn awesome. Why don't you just give it a chance before shitting all over it?

Wow, you like bring up TNA alot don't you? The man was entertaining and talented before he went to TNA, I'm talking K-Kwick.  Therefore, you fail.

It was pretty damn stupid if you ask me.  We already have enough comedy in WWE , we don't need another wanna be Dave Chappelle  who should be focusing on winning his first title since returning to WWE.

The sad part is people (including you) eat it up as entertainment, I look at it as foolishness. Regardless of what company does it, WWE, TNA, ROH, Japan I don't care.

Hell, I don't even like it during regular comedy skits.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #16 on: 11 July 2009, 04:34:19 AM »
Quote from: Axel;30857
Quote from: Mick Clique;30851
Main event material :lol Just because he was champion in some second rate company doesn't make him a main eventer in the big league.

I watched SmackDown and thought it was pretty damn funny. It didn't look forced and he pulled it off pretty damn awesome. Why don't you just give it a chance before shitting all over it?

Wow, you like bring up TNA alot don't you? The man was entertaining and talented before he went to TNA, I'm talking K-Kwick.  Therefore, you fail.

It was pretty damn stupid if you ask me.  We already have enough comedy in WWE , we don't need another wanna be Dave Chappelle  who should be focusing on winning his first title since returning to WWE.

The sad part is people (including you) eat it up as entertainment, I look at it as foolishness. Regardless of what company does it, WWE, TNA, ROH, Japan I don't care.

Hell, I don't even like it during regular comedy skits.

See that red button on the top right corner?

Press it.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #17 on: 11 July 2009, 08:30:00 AM »
i guess i'll give it more of a chance but so far this just seems totally retarded and makes R-Truth look like less and less of a serious talent. he already got a good crowed reaction and people seemed to love him the only problem was they wasn't giving him any serious push or feud and i just don't see why they would want to do this.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #18 on: 11 July 2009, 08:40:10 AM »
I really didn't like it at all, I'm hoping it doesn't last.

I don't think R-Truth will ever get past the midcard, but that isn't necessary a bad thing - he was delivering decent matches and was obviously over; so why the sudden change.

Offline Dale

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #19 on: 11 July 2009, 11:01:18 AM »

Oh i'm sorry, I forgot teaming with Road Dogg made you a main eventer. Someone should call Billy Gunn and get him his job back, we all know how much we need new mainevent faces. You sir just owned my ass 8-).

Offline jaythorne

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #20 on: 11 July 2009, 01:27:09 PM »
it's stupid, like people have said , he could've been a main eventer, but not now, unless he goes plays 2 characters - Mr. What's Up? and Pretty Ricky ...

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #21 on: 12 July 2009, 06:02:00 PM »
It was damn retarded, I don't think anyone found it funny and he was starting to get quite over with the fans as well.
However I'm not going to bother getting upset until they start making him job to crap wrestlers as if he continues to win quite a few matches then there is no harm done.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #22 on: 13 July 2009, 05:40:23 PM »
While I don't think R-Truth was a sure-fire main eventer, I'm sure with some build-up he could have been very Cena-like with better ring skills. The kids seem to love him and there's a lot of merchandising opportunities with him from a business perspective. He could have been a big main event face with a couple years build up, and he actually was getting over. The more I think about it, the more I find this new gimmick 100% pointless. There was literally no reason to do this and it's pretty fucking retarded. I hope this is a really late April fool's joke because it's fucking stupid.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #23 on: 13 July 2009, 05:43:10 PM »
I completely agree with Prax - it doesn't make any sense to do this, and it doesn't look any good either.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #24 on: 13 July 2009, 05:47:08 PM »
Yup, for a show that's supposed to be kid friendly this is pretty racist. Reminds me a lot of Tyrone Biggums from the Chapelle's show... In fact I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what they're trying to pull off here. Normally I don't care about this kind of stuff but it's racism for no reason.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #25 on: 13 July 2009, 07:10:32 PM »
I do sometimes suspect racism in the WWE to be honest. Shelton and R-Truth are two of the most talented wrestlers yet never seem to get that far (we will see about Kofi later, they pushed Benjamin a lot to begin with only to have him become a huge jobber.)

Even Booker T didn't do that great, he pretty much got shot down by The Rock as soon as he entered the company with the "who the hell are you?" line (pretty degrading for someone with such a good wrestling history.)
Of course this is just something I sometimes suspect so don't think I'm feeling strong on this subject or anything.

Offline Axel

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #26 on: 14 July 2009, 12:41:08 AM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;30876

Oh i'm sorry, I forgot teaming with Road Dogg made you a main eventer. Someone should call Billy Gunn and get him his job back, we all know how much we need new mainevent faces. You sir just owned my ass 8-).

I hope you know that didn't make any sense. My point is the man should be going after IC gold and being a upper mid-carder instead of being turned into a joke and ending up like Santino after the whole Santina gimmick...Nowhere.

Quote from: Hollywood Prax;30983
While I don't think R-Truth was a sure-fire main eventer, I'm sure with some build-up he could have been very Cena-like with better ring skills. The kids seem to love him and there's a lot of merchandising opportunities with him from a business perspective. He could have been a big main event face with a couple years build up, and he actually was getting over. The more I think about it, the more I find this new gimmick 100% pointless. There was literally no reason to do this and it's pretty fucking retarded. I hope this is a really late April fool's joke because it's fucking stupid.

Exactly.  SmackDown is losing talent and now destroying the build up R-Truth was getting, he has been with the company for almost a year and he still hasn't won a damn title.

They should be focusing on having him win a title instead of this Pretty Ricky crap.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #27 on: 14 July 2009, 01:11:41 AM »
I wouldn't go as far to say the WWE is racist i mean bobby lashley was on top of the worls at one point and was gonna go even higher.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #28 on: 14 July 2009, 01:49:02 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;31005
I wouldn't go as far to say the WWE is racist i mean bobby lashley was on top of the worls at one point and was gonna go even higher.

On top of the world of extreme, not the same :P

Offline Axel

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #29 on: 14 July 2009, 01:54:15 AM »
But he was still getting a main event push, regardless. Micheal Hayes ran him out of the company, I would have loved to listen to that convo with him and Vince.

People talk shit about Lashley but he was the best pure Big man athlete in WWE.  He actually had a full move set unlike Batista.