Author Topic: R-Truth Gimmick Change  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Axel

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« on: 5 July 2009, 03:27:25 AM »
JR's fourth of July blog:

Did you know that R Truth has an alter ego? Stay tuned over the next week or two.

BTW how does a guy print a boarding pass that only says R Truth? I'm just saying.
Heel turn maybe? God, I hope so. I like him as a face but if they aren't going to do anything with him then what's the point?

Three drafts have taken place had he still hasn't moved to actually gain a title. Which I feel is a slap in the face. Hopefully he'll get some sort of heel turn and become a main eventer since SmackDown is lacking right now.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #1 on: 5 July 2009, 02:32:06 PM »
i only can recall 1 draft and then 1 15 superstar trade :D

But yeah i agree they need to do something with him besides just keeping him in the mid card under the IC title. but i dunno about going heel because R-Truth is over as hell as a face.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #2 on: 5 July 2009, 08:46:09 PM »
I'd love to see R-Truth go heel, he could come out each week and preach about how he's right and that people are too ignorant to see "The truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth" (When he used that phrase on SD a while back, I marked; what a superb catchphrase that could be for him.)  - but yeah, I'm intrigued.

Offline Dale

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #3 on: 6 July 2009, 02:09:47 AM »
Hope it isn't a heel turn yet as he's doing fine as a face. Just give him a solid program and see how he gets on from there as he's more than over with the crowd and his flashy in-ring style has the crowd popping for him.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #4 on: 6 July 2009, 05:55:59 AM »
TBH i wouldn't mind seeing him turn heel, as i know he can do a good job with it. This might seem off the wall but I think he'd do a good job as an associate to CM Punk as some sort of heel team.

But the thing is, I'd rather see him get an actual push as a face. He's a guy who the crowds are easy to get behind, which is something that's hard to find, so I'm on the fence about this one.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #5 on: 6 July 2009, 02:34:03 PM »
Quote from: AngryCaz;30500
I'd love to see R-Truth go heel, he could come out each week and preach about how he's right and that people are too ignorant to see "The truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth" (When he used that phrase on SD a while back, I marked; what a superb catchphrase that could be for him.)  - but yeah, I'm intrigued.

isn't that pretty much what jericho is doing minus the catchphrase?

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #6 on: 6 July 2009, 02:38:41 PM »
I know a solution, why don't the bookers keep him how he is now, put a little faith into the guy and push him, because if my eyes serve me right he's doing everything he needs to be doing right at the moment, and one of those things is becoming super over, which he is.

Very dumb decision to change him to a heel if you ask me..

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #7 on: 6 July 2009, 04:03:41 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;30544

Isn't that pretty much what's working for Jericho, minus the catchphrase?

:ace

Offline Axel

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #8 on: 7 July 2009, 12:35:04 AM »
Quote from: J2M;30547
I know a solution, why don't the bookers keep him how he is now, put a little faith into the guy and push him, because if my eyes serve me right he's doing everything he needs to be doing right at the moment, and one of those things is becoming super over, which he is.

Very dumb decision to change him to a heel if you ask me..

WWE and logic don't mix.

But SD! is nneds heels that make an impact more than ever.  R-Truth could turn heel by saying he isn't being respected enough by management and complains about not getting any title shots.  I would let the fans turn him heel just like Punk.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #9 on: 7 July 2009, 05:28:39 AM »
Quote from: AngryCaz;30563
Quote from: Adampro123;30544

Isn't that pretty much what's working for Jericho, minus the catchphrase?

:ace

of course but having the same gimmick on the same show just wouldn't work. imagine having jericho come out and say stuff and then the next segment truth say the same thing.

unless they aligned with eachother.

Offline Axel

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #10 on: 10 July 2009, 10:19:40 PM »
Here's a video of tonight, R-Truth's new gimmick...."Pretty Ricky"

Spoiler Video: WWE Star Debuting a New Gimmick Tonight

My Thoughts:

R-Truth is main event matieral but what do they do? they fuck it up.

They just ruined his credibility from WWF, TNA and WWE. Why not just make him a cross dresser while your at it, Vince.

Gimmicks like this, get's talent released. The man should be wrestling for IC title gold but instead they give him some ridiculous gimmick. Typical WWE.

Offline Oly J

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #11 on: 11 July 2009, 01:08:46 AM »
oh for FUCK'S SAKE!!! it could've been a more serious gimmick but no, what was so wrong with the old gimmick anyway? I mean true it wasn't the best of gimmicks but this one makes it look like...I don't even know an analogy that's good enough to describe this, way to pull the plug on his career Vince!

Offline Dale

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #12 on: 11 July 2009, 01:30:03 AM »
Main event material :lol Just because he was champion in some second rate company doesn't make him a main eventer in the big league.

I watched SmackDown and thought it was pretty damn funny. It didn't look forced and he pulled it off pretty damn awesome. Why don't you just give it a chance before shitting all over it?

Offline Oly J

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #13 on: 11 July 2009, 01:38:14 AM »
I don't think anyone's arguing with the fact that he did it well, the issue I'm taking is where exactly is a gimmick like that going to get him? besides the unemployment line or just doing Dark matches and house shows in a month or two with no TV time

Offline Dale

R-Truth Gimmick Change
« Reply #14 on: 11 July 2009, 02:09:24 AM »
Quote from: Oly J;30853
where exactly is a gimmick like that going to get him? besides the unemployment line or just doing Dark matches and house shows in a month or two with no TV time

I don't know and nor do you. Give it time to develop then we will actually see where it's going instead of making presumptions just a couple of hours after it's first been seen.