Author Topic: Edge Injured  (Read 1137 times)

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
Edge Injured
« Reply #15 on: 7 July 2009, 03:05:28 PM »
WWE.COM - WWE Unified Tag Team Champion, Edge suffered a tear to his Achilles tendon last Friday, July 3, during a WWE live event in San Diego. Edge's opponent was the man with whom he has traded the WWE Championship,Jeff Hardy.

Almost immediately after the bout started, Edge was in his corner when Hardy charged toward him. After attempting to leapfrog Hardy, Edge crumbled to the canvas. Hardy was backed off by the referee, who checked repeatedly with Edge before summoning WWE doctors and athletic trainers and instructing ring announcer Justin Roberts that because Edge could not continue, Jeff Hardy was the winner of the match via forfeit. WWE referees, athletic trainers and doctors then helped Edge to the back as he could bear no weight on his left ankle.

Edge arrived at Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center at St. Vincent's Hospital in Birmingham, Ala., this morning to surgically repair the torn Achilles tendon in his left ankle. Dr. James Andrews currently has Edge's operation scheduled for 10 a.m. ET. Dr. Andrews has previously performed surgeries on WWE Superstars Batista, Triple H, John Cena, Rey Mysterio and many others. Andrews also consulted on NFL quarterback Tom Brady after his third knee surgery and most recently worked with Brett Favre for his possible return to the NFL.

WWE.com will attempt to have comments from both Dr. Andrews and Edge later today, including a timeline for Edge's return to the ring.

WWE.com will also investigate how this injury will affect the status of the Unified Tag Team Titles, as well as Edge & Chris Jericho's scheduled match with Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase at Night of Champions.

Wonder what this'll mean for the tag titles?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Edge Injured
« Reply #16 on: 7 July 2009, 03:49:17 PM »
I would imagine an injury angle backstage and Jericho faces legacy in a handicap match.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Edge Injured
« Reply #17 on: 7 July 2009, 04:58:09 PM »
is brian kendrick still looking for a partner? i mean it would be ok if jericho teame with him beings the unified tag titles are for all brands i woulld assume thats correct.

by the way axel by the time edge gets back it will be next year and time for the draft again so a reuniun of Edge and christian would actually be right on time.

Offline Axel

Edge Injured
« Reply #18 on: 7 July 2009, 05:19:56 PM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;30631
I would imagine an injury angle backstage and Jericho faces legacy in a handicap match.

Actually,  they are planning on pinning his injury on the Khali match up this friday. I just wish WWE would get out of Kayfabe land and announce the injury how it really happend.

Currently the WWE writers are planning Edge to return with a long beard, then he'll fued with Mike Knox at Wrestlemaina 26 in a Beard vs. Beard Match.

The Winner will get a contract extenstion on their Beard while the loser will lose his Beard.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Edge Injured
« Reply #19 on: 7 July 2009, 05:55:32 PM »
Quote from: Axel;30645

Actually, they are planning on pinning his injury on the Khali match up this friday. I just wish WWE would get out of Kayfabe land and announce the injury how it really happend.

Currently the WWE writers are planning Edge to return with a long beard, then he'll fued with Mike Knox at Wrestlemaina 26 in a Beard vs. Beard Match.

The Winner will get a contract extenstion on their Beard while the loser will lose his Beard.

What difference does it make how the announce the injury?

Offline jaythorne

Edge Injured
« Reply #20 on: 9 July 2009, 10:36:17 AM »
If he's back in january 2010, then i guarantee he will win the royal rumble, but it's a really shame Edge is injured because he really is one of SD!'s best

Offline Axel

Edge Injured
« Reply #21 on: 9 July 2009, 07:35:25 PM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;30652
Quote from: Axel;30645

Actually, they are planning on pinning his injury on the Khali match up this friday. I just wish WWE would get out of Kayfabe land and announce the injury how it really happend.

What difference does it make how the announce the injury?

Because they always become inconstant with their stories with kayfabe injuries. Let's say Khali hits him over the head with a chop, they will say something like that injured Edge instead of saying what really happened.

Batista got injured from a bicep muscle, when Randy injured him on Raw they said he broke his arm. A week later they said it was his bicep muscle, then why say he got his arm broken?

See my point?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Edge Injured
« Reply #22 on: 9 July 2009, 08:03:39 PM »
You don't have a valid point. The Batista injury I'm not going to comment on because I think there's something fishy going on there anyway, but I`ll run with your Khali example...

Let's say Edge gets injured slipping on the ramp on his way to the ring during a house show (just an example). If they admitted that as the specific reason, who does it help? It literally makes no difference to anyone. Whereas if they tell us publicly that it was Khali that injured him by doing an injury angle, not only does it make Khali look strong and help push him (if that's what they want to do of course), it also gives Edge a reason to come back in terms of storyline when he does, to get revenge on Khali.

Whereas if they sya, oh ya, he just injured himself accidentaly during a match, what good does that do?

Regardless of the reason for Batista being taken off TV, having Orton injure him makes Orton look good and stronger as a heel, and it gives Batista a valid reason to face him when he gets back.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
Edge Injured
« Reply #23 on: 9 July 2009, 08:22:11 PM »
Here is my thing with kayfabing the injury.... IT'S STUPID! I would explain the injury happened against Hardy at a house show and leave it at that. Then since Edge is going to be out awhile I'd make sure if I was WWE to throw a lot of money at Hardy. Push him to the moon as a face on SD! Give him a long title regin and make him come across as more then just an "underdog." Then when Edge returns he comes out and says Hardy purposely injured him to get him out of his way and all this other shit. It will come across as a hell promo at first then Hardy comes out... He tells the fans he purposely did it because he wanted to be the REAL ultimate opportunist. Then Hardy cuts a promo saying the fans could never get him over the hump and he had to do it himself and even though he is champion he doesn't need the fans and that he is pissed Edge survived his injury.

Then from there on out the go into a feud with Edge becoming a face and him calling out Hardy for weeks and Hardy saying he doesn't want face him and that he picks and chooses his own shots around here... Finallty at some ppv it will culminate at Extreme Rules in some sort of gimmick match.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Edge Injured
« Reply #24 on: 9 July 2009, 08:28:12 PM »
Chris sent the following:

As reported over the weekend, Edge suffered an injury to his ankle in a match at a house show in San Diego and this is not the first time an injury suffered in this arena. At the last three events, One Night Stand in 2008 Randy Orton suffered a broken collarbone. At the ECW Taping on 10/28/08 Evan Bourne suffered a torn ligament and now you can add torn Achilles suffered to Edge at a San Diego house show on July 3rd 2009.

-NoDQ.com

WWE should stay out of the 619...either that or just send raw there :D

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Edge Injured
« Reply #25 on: 10 July 2009, 01:18:42 AM »
Courtesy of Dale from WWEMayhem.com :giggle

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that WWE had long-term plans for Edge and Jericho as a tag team as they had worked on mixing both men’s entrance music and created a dual video for the team. The company was also working to come up with a team name with some ideas being Team Ego and Team Rated Y2J.

This news makes me said. Team Ego > Rated RKO :(

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Edge Injured
« Reply #26 on: 11 July 2009, 04:27:57 PM »
I don't want to see Priceless as champions again. That's incredibly boring and I don't think Rhodes deserves another title to be honest.
I would like to see The Brian Kendrick team with Jack Swagger to become tag team champions, maybe they could cut some good promo's.

Anyway this news sucks!

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Edge Injured
« Reply #27 on: 12 July 2009, 04:02:37 PM »
This sucks because I liked the idea of him and Y2J being the tag team champs. Edge has been injured alot for the past few years but this was nothing but a freak accident.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Axel

Edge Injured
« Reply #28 on: 14 July 2009, 01:17:45 AM »
I wondered if they were going to give them the Rated RKO treatment, now I'm seriously disappointed. Hopefully maybe Ziggler takes his place but it won't be the same.