Author Topic: Edge Injured  (Read 578 times)

Offline Dale

Edge Injured
« on: 4 July 2009, 04:30:56 PM »
- We received a report last night from a fan in attendance at the SmackDown/ECW live event in San Diego saying Edge was injured during his match with Jeff Hardy. The fan says Edge was running towards Jeff when it appeared he twisted or broke his ankle and that his foot was in a very awkward position. The match was stopped, EMT

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Edge Injured
« Reply #1 on: 4 July 2009, 05:18:35 PM »
Yep, really sucks for this to happen and I hope he won't be out for too long.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline THK

Edge Injured
« Reply #2 on: 4 July 2009, 06:09:36 PM »
Ucch, you have got to be kidding me? This is really messed up that something like this happens at a time like this :( I hope this report is false

Championships
(The first) World Champion - 9/8/08 - (current)

Record:
4-0

Next Match:
Yet to be determined.

Top Five history rankings
1st place - 1x (Sept. 10)
2nd place - 1x (Oct. 14)
3rd place - 2x (Aug. 21 & Sept. 1)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Edge Injured
« Reply #3 on: 4 July 2009, 08:14:47 PM »
damn edge, rey, batista and taker all seem to always get injured.

on the bright side this may mean JoMo or dolph can move up in the ranks.

still sucks though because at least this was something different for edge.

Offline Axel

Edge Injured
« Reply #4 on: 5 July 2009, 03:18:39 AM »
Update: Edge will be out of action until around March 2010 according to Wrestlezone.

Which means Jericho is their only main event heel. Jeff Hardy has four weeks left on his contract with WWE and he hasnt resigned yet. Which could mean he'll be leaving.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Edge Injured
« Reply #5 on: 5 July 2009, 02:52:09 PM »
Well it's pretty obvious CM Punk is headed heel and with edge out this pretty much seals the deal there.either that or kane is going back to the top.

im betting edge will either be back at the rumble or the draft next year an if he returns then im betting he'll go to raw and become a face. or he could stay on SD and feud with jericho beings im sure jericho won't let it go that edge cost jericho 1 half of the titles.

or then again there's always mania which they usually wait until after mania to bring ppl back or in. Examples: Edge in 03 Lesnar in 02 Goldberg in 02 and batista this year.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
Edge Injured
« Reply #6 on: 5 July 2009, 08:34:52 PM »
I hate to be the "prick" in this instance, but I'm not that disappointed to be honest.

Edge has become so stale that it's honestly a chore watching his matches these days, I'm hoping that if the reports of him being out until March 2010 are true; that he makes a return with something different... whether that be a new look, music, or even a face turn. I understand that Edge has a lot of fans and I don't doubt that he's warranted being pushed over the years - but when it comes down to it, Edge potentially being gone (from the main event picture) for 8 months... is a blessing to me.

Offline Dale

Edge Injured
« Reply #7 on: 6 July 2009, 02:27:02 AM »
Quote from: AngryCaz;30497
I hate to be the "prick" in this instance, but I'm not that disappointed to be honest.

Edge has become so stale that it's honestly a chore watching his matches these days, I'm hoping that if the reports of him being out until March 2010 are true; that he makes a return with something different... whether that be a new look, music, or even a face turn. I understand that Edge has a lot of fans and I don't doubt that he's warranted being pushed over the years - but when it comes down to it, Edge potentially being gone (from the main event picture) for 8 months... is a blessing to me.

I wish it would have come from under better circumstances but I have to agree with you. I think regardless of the amount of time he spends on the sidelines, he MUST return as a face as the possibilities of new feuds and fresh action is pretty is rather damn appealing.

What I would like to see happen is instead of the WWE hitting the panic button and rushing back The Undertaker to bulk up the roster and paper over the cracks, spend some time on an up and comer and build him as main eventer like they have done with CM Punk.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Edge Injured
« Reply #8 on: 6 July 2009, 05:59:57 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;30465
damn edge, rey, batista and taker all seem to always get injured.

And it's funny how most of  those people still manage to monopolize the main event over the last 2-3 years :lol

But seriously this sucks. Edge finally looked like he was going somewhere different with his character. Somewhat of a face turn, finally free from all the vickie shit, maybe we were going to see something edgy (no pun intended) out of him. Hopefully they manage to keep him on the air once in a while over the next year.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline narcolepsy

Edge Injured
« Reply #9 on: 6 July 2009, 06:58:01 PM »
It's disappointing that its under these circumstances, but I also think Edge needed a bit of a break from WWE TV.  He has always been a great heel, but since Cena dominated him for most of 2006-7, Edge has just been "there."  He was never given the chance to carry a PPV except for Wrestlemania 24 when it was just a given he was jobbing out to Taker.

This time off allows the audience to forget about Edge for a little bit, then he will return to either a bigger face pop then he would have gotten from a turn on Jericho, or it will just make him an even bigger heel as he wouldn't be as stale.

Just need to remember, just because the WWE might say a March 2010 return...this sets him up perfectly for either an Ultimate Opportunist Royal Rumble win or maybe a surprise Elimination Chamber entrant at No Way Out.

Offline Axel

Edge Injured
« Reply #10 on: 6 July 2009, 07:39:25 PM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;30523

But seriously this sucks. Edge finally looked like he was going somewhere different with his character. Somewhat of a face turn, finally free from all the vickie shit, maybe we were going to see something edgy (no pun intended) out of him. Hopefully they manage to keep him on the air once in a while over the next year.

That's kinda hard to make him "edgy" since he's turning face. Or was planning too.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Edge Injured
« Reply #11 on: 6 July 2009, 07:43:54 PM »
Here's hoping that Edge's return means the return of Edge & Christian as a tag team :D
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Axel

Edge Injured
« Reply #12 on: 6 July 2009, 07:55:13 PM »
Not unless he returns to ECW instead of SmackDown.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Edge Injured
« Reply #13 on: 6 July 2009, 07:59:55 PM »
Quote from: Axel;30574
Not unless he returns to ECW instead of SmackDown.

Well, my hope would be that by then Christian gets traded to another show, and what ever show it is Edge ends up on with him (even if that also means him being traded too), since I don't think ECW would be the best place for both.

Offline Axel

Edge Injured
« Reply #14 on: 7 July 2009, 12:31:36 AM »
Too many trades . This isn't the NBA...oh wait...It's Sports Entertainment.