Author Topic: Official TNA MOTY Thread  (Read 714 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Official TNA MOTY Thread
« on: 21 June 2009, 10:17:36 AM »
I know i might be the only one posting here but i think its only fair we have a TNA MOTY thread too for those of us who watch TNA.

for me thus far i only have 3 matches

1. Alex Shelley vs Chris Sabin. ****1/2 (Genesis)

2. Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett. ****1/2 (Genesis)

3. Sting vs JJ vs Angle vs Foley. **** (Sacrifice)

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
Official TNA MOTY Thread
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2009, 10:57:37 AM »
The only match from TNA that I'd say is eligble to be a MOTY candidate, and take in mind I don't watch a lot of TNA, and that is Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley. Great match between two athletic, and entertaining men. I'd love to see them in the WWE one day, but without going into that this is a really good match that I'd give a similar rating to what you've shown.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
Official TNA MOTY Thread
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2009, 06:58:43 AM »
I thought Shelley vs. Sabin was highly disappointing to be honest. - I mean, for a TNA match it was certainly entertaining; but it had nothing on their others matches; which kinda put me off.

MOTY thus far for TNA, is probably Jarrett vs. Angle from Genesis.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Official TNA MOTY Thread
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2009, 07:48:19 AM »
Slamiversary was an amazing PPV and IMO the best of the year so far which saw 3 great matches.

X-Division King of the mountain. ****1/4
 (Suicide vs Shelley vs Sabin vs Lethal vs Creed)

Monsters Ball. ****  (Abyss & Taylor wilde vs Daffney & Raven)

Heaveyweaght King of the mountain. ****1/2
(Angle vs Joe vs AJ vs Foley vs Jarrett)

Offline Dale

Official TNA MOTY Thread
« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2009, 12:59:14 AM »
That's what's so funny about opinions, how each persons opinion on something can be the complete polar opposite. This is referring to Adam's 4 and a half star rating for the King Of The Mountain match. I actually watched it for a change and thought it was distinctly average at best. I was just waiting and waiting for a big spot to come and it never came. Don't even get me started on those ass backwards rules :lol

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
Official TNA MOTY Thread
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2009, 01:46:39 AM »
For me i didn't care about the big spots it was more how the match drew me in and then pulled the swerve. how it had me pulling for AJ the whole time beings he was the last guy to get the pin and then at the end it looked like he was actually gonna win it until joe turned on him. it was just awesome booking during a amtch which is what TNA LAcks most of the time.

Offline Axel

Official TNA MOTY Thread
« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2009, 04:41:35 AM »
5. Amazing Red vs. Suicide...2/4. (Impact)

4. Beer Money vs. Team 3D...3/4. (Slammiversary)

3. Daniels vs. AJ Styles...4/4. (Impact)

2.  X Division King Of The Mountain match (Suicide vs. Lethal Consequences vs. MCMG)...10/4. (Slammiversary)

1. Jeff Jarret vs. Kurt Angle...12/4. (Genesis)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
Official TNA MOTY Thread
« Reply #7 on: 5 January 2010, 11:41:45 AM »
Final Tally for the Year.

-1.AJ Styles vs Daniels. (Final Resolution) *****
-2.Samoa Joe vs Aj Styles vs Daniels. (Turning point) ****3/4
-3.AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle. (Impact) ****3/4
-4.Kurt Angle vs Desmond Wolfe. (Turning point) ****1/2
-5.Chris Sabin vs Alex Shelley. (Genesis) ****1/2
-6.Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett. (Genesis) ****1/2
-7.King of the mountain: TNA Championship. (Slamiversary) ****1/2
-8.King of the Montain: X Division championship. (Slamiversary) ****1/4
-9.Kurt Angle vs Desmond Wolfe (Final Resolution) ****
-10.Kurt Angle vs Mick Foley vs Sting vs Jeff Jarrett. (Sacrifice)****

Runners up:
-11.Abyss & taylor Wilde vs DR. Stevie & Daffney. (Slamiversary) ****
-12.TNA Steel Asylum (Hard Justice) ****

Great year for TNA match Wise when it comes to PPV.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
Official TNA MOTY Thread
« Reply #8 on: 20 January 2010, 08:14:15 PM »
guess i'll just keep it going for next years

Jan 4th impact.

Angle vs Styles 2010 version 1..****3/4. might have been my favorite match i have seen them put on. but the flair thing was a bit random and took a bit away from it thats why i can't give it the full 5 but i really loved this match.

Genesis

Angle vs Styles 2010 version 2. ****

Wolfe vs pope. ****. loved the story with the knee. and the ending worked perfectly.