Author Topic: Random WWE Discussion thread  (Read 15387 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: Random WWE Discussion thread
« Reply #600 on: 7 September 2012, 04:48:19 AM »

Poor Swagger i hope when he comes back he gets a nice push.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #601 on: 7 September 2012, 05:28:12 AM »

You'll notice how little his gimmick actually changed over the 4 years.  At least when Kurt Angle had a similar gimmick he went from the goody two shoes heel to the patriotic baby face to the totally snapped crazy person heel.  The crowd ate it up every time.  Swagger hasn't shown the ability to adapt, nor have the same ring skills as Angle with a similar moveset.  There's not much more you can do with him at this point, heck he's already had Vickie Guerrero as his mouthpiece.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #602 on: 7 September 2012, 08:01:12 AM »

You'll notice how little his gimmick actually changed over the 4 years.  At least when Kurt Angle had a similar gimmick he went from the goody two shoes heel to the patriotic baby face to the totally snapped crazy person heel.  The crowd ate it up every time.  Swagger hasn't shown the ability to adapt, nor have the same ring skills as Angle with a similar moveset.  There's not much more you can do with him at this point, heck he's already had Vickie Guerrero as his mouthpiece.

I don't care what anyone says, his feud with Christian on ECW is in the top 5 best feuds in the past 5-6 years in WWE imo. I enjoyed his WHC title reign as well, the thing is he isn't going to be great at serious promos, but it shouldn't hold him back and he has a charisma to him which is completely overlooked imo.  The guy has bags of potential but is completely misused, he never wins, its impossible to take him seriously even considering his size, ability in the ring, and having Vickie as his manager if he is expected to lose every time he goes out there.

The thing is, I don't expect him to be as good as Kurt Angle, who is without a doubt one of the best ever and a consistent headline main event. However, I think he should be at the Benoit or Jericho level where he can drift from main event matches to mid card US title matches, he has the potential to be a guy like that but its impossible to make him that kind of staple threat if he never wins. I don't think his promos should hold him back as much as they do either, he has a corny delivery, but it gives them some character which is a million times better then a lot of the wooden and forced promos we usually see.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #603 on: 7 September 2012, 03:00:41 PM »

It's not that he doesn't have the ability to adapt, it's that he hasn't been given the opportunity to adapt. He always adds little things to his persona, at one point he was doing push-ups in his entrance, there was the soaring eagle, Vickie, etc. But they never do anything with it. Swagger can be awesome, it's just another case of WWE wasting talent.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #604 on: 8 September 2012, 10:25:07 PM »
Yeah I'm sure if Swagger got as many wins as Sin Cara it would be a completely different story.

I think the WWE missed a huge opportunity to turn Swagger face after wrestlemania a couple of years ago when Cole was bad mouthing him and even slapped him in the ring. the crowed was wanting him to turn face so bad at that point and it would have been huige for him if he just started beating the shit outta cole...instead he just became coles bitcfor the rest of the month and teamed with him and i think he lost to king & JR.

- After taking some time off in the storylines last Monday at RAW, WWE will be keeping Jack Swagger off TV for a few weeks and he may return to TV as a babyface. Swagger is scheduled to appear on RAW when they return to his home state of Oklahoma on October 1st, the same night that some kind of festivities are planned for Jim Ross.

I hope this is true. we have never seen Swagger as a face and i would like to see how he does.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #605 on: 8 September 2012, 11:20:38 PM »
Yeah Swagger has potential. And when chappers and i have watched wrestling live he comes across as one of the best. In person he has a real presence to him. His in ring skill is brilliant and he can play the jackass heel. They have just booked him like shit. On ECW he was a powerhouse.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #606 on: 15 September 2012, 10:46:57 PM »
Anyone else notice a resemblance between Daniel Bryan and Chris Martin from Coldplay? Their faces look really similar to me (except when Bryan is goatfaced.)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #607 on: 19 September 2012, 09:22:48 PM »
According to PWInsider.com, The Great Khali is expected to make his WWE ring return in about a month.

Khali, real name Dalip Singh, underwent pituitary gland surgery back in July to remove a tumor.

:mrk

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #608 on: 20 September 2012, 12:13:33 AM »
Good that his surgery went well, but not looking forward to him returning (N)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #609 on: 20 September 2012, 01:31:38 AM »
What Chappers said. though I'd gladly welcome his funny backstage segments back.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #610 on: 2 October 2012, 07:39:49 PM »
It was announced on Raw tonight that JBL will return to commentary on next week's show. As he noted via Tout, he completed a climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro and is able to return to the Raw announce team next week.

I'd be quite happy with Cole/JR/JBL for the foreseeable future.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #611 on: 9 October 2012, 03:26:38 PM »
TMZ is reporting Shelly Ehler took her 8-year-old son to a WWE live event and he left in tears.

Her son had a sign for Sheamus, who was taking on Alberto Del Rio that night, and Del Rio ripped his sign.

Ehler said her son was instantly terrified of Del Rio's actions and she called Del Rio a bully.

Del Rio would go on to mock her son crying.

Ehler wrote an angry letter to WWE officials and says, '"Take signs from adults NOT KIDS! My son was bullied by your superstars and it is not okay."

Ehler goes on to say Ricardo Rodriguez mocked her on Twitter but Sheamus offered to send her son a signed photo and meet him next time he's in town.

Has anyone noticed how heels seem to be doing this more lately? More often than not the kids seem to like it though. I remember last week on SD the same kid got his signed ripped by D-Bry then CM Punk and he loved it lol

Offline chappers

« Reply #612 on: 9 October 2012, 06:09:34 PM »
Your taking your son to a wrestling event, what do you expect, a bunch of fairies doing a ballet?

Whoever Ehler is, she needs to tell her son to grow a set.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #613 on: 10 October 2012, 08:07:13 PM »
It was reported on TMZ that Shelly Ehler was upset at Alberto Del Rio for ripping her 8-year-old's sign up and then mocking her son crying.

I spoke to Ehler in an exclusive interview recorded for Wrestling Reality on TribLIVE Radio and she revealed TNA President Dixie Carter personally called her today.

Carter said she was sad to read about her WWE experience and offered Ehler's family VIP passes to Bound For Glory in Phoenix, AZ.

Ehler said Carter explained TNA's wrestlers would never act that way. She encouraged them to come meet Hulk Hogan and all the wrestlers on behalf of TNA.

The full 12 minute conversation between Ehler and I will be released tomorrow. During the interview the following topics are covered...

- Her detailed account of the incident with Alberto Del Rio

- Sheamus reaching out to her through Direct Message on Twitter

- She asks me if I feel Del Rio acted like a bully

- If she'll ever bring her son back to a WWE show

- How TMZ got a hold of the story

- Dixie Carter's conversation with her

Another attention-seeking bitch. How surprising. Of course TNA calls her, the classy company they are.

Offline chappers

« Reply #614 on: 10 October 2012, 10:39:44 PM »
Its like her son needs psychiatric help after such a traumatic experience. Honestly, I feel like this dumbass (and a load of other attention seeking dickheads in the world) should go in the middle of a warzone and realise how pathetic her problem sounds. She had the best seats in the house, got to see all the wrestlers and even fucking interacted with one of them, yet all she can do is whine over a bit of cardboard getting torn up. You went to a wrestling event with your toddler, if your that fucking sensitive go and watch noddy live at a local bingo hall rather then blabbering on about your fucking trauma.