Author Topic: Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?  (Read 826 times)

Offline Dale

Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?
« on: 21 April 2009, 01:25:42 AM »
- SmackDown wrestler Jeff Hardy has handed in his notice to World Wrestling Entertainment. He has three months left on his contract and is refusing to sign an extension.

It

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2009, 02:39:13 AM »
Wow, I'm shocked.

I really do not want to see Jeff Hardy leave so early on in his career as I still believe he has loads of time left in the WWE. He has finally just become a full-time Main Eventer in the past few months and it would be sad to see him leave just now, after all his one and only WWE Championship run was far from pleasing. I really hope this news is a bluff because I do not want to see Jeff leave the E.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline JayDee

Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2009, 03:14:12 AM »
He is leaving again, it seems like he just came from TNA to me but atleast he was used instead of being left without a decent storyline.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?
« Reply #3 on: 21 April 2009, 04:02:13 AM »
Other things outside of wrestling probably = drugs.

Tbh, I don't really care, he has screwed the business around enough times and probably begged for chance after chance, now they have given him an elite position, he turns his back. Whilst this isn't official, it's how I feel about him anyway. I don't want him to leave just because of all the other superstars leaving and it denting WWE from a business perspective.

Whilst i love the Hardy bro's, i have been against Jeff in the main event. I think there are parts of his game he needs to develop to warrant the position he is in. He has the potential to be there, just not right now in his career.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?
« Reply #4 on: 21 April 2009, 04:11:56 AM »
Cool this gives space to build another up like R-Truth for example. Jeff doesn't really fight like a main eventer, if there was a daredevil belt he would be one of the best for it but when it comes to main eventers I just want a solid fighter (perhaps all rounder with athletic skill as well.)
It's not like he needs to be bigger, HBK is smaller and he's a good main eventer. I find Jeff has weak punches and has no strong moves unless he is leaping up turnbuckles.
It is a loss but they don't need Jeff.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?
« Reply #5 on: 21 April 2009, 03:21:40 PM »
Pretty surprised about this too, but at least now Matt's comments of "erasing" Jeff from the WWE make a lot more sense.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?
« Reply #6 on: 22 April 2009, 12:22:18 AM »
Meh, he's in and out of the WWE more than Anne Hache is in and out of the closet. He'll be back. But at least he's putting over his brother big time in the process.

Matt = world Champ by latest Survivor Series.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?
« Reply #7 on: 22 April 2009, 12:29:04 AM »
They're working thi wrong; Why would you want to stay at a job where they treat you like crap?

Didn't they give a Title to Rey (or MVP), not to mention great stuff for Carlito when trying to keep him?

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?
« Reply #8 on: 22 April 2009, 12:30:24 AM »
Quote from: TJChurch;26732
They're working thi wrong; Why would you want to stay at a job where they treat you like crap?

Didn't they give a Title to Rey (or MVP), not to mention great stuff for Carlito when trying to keep him?

The only ways I could answer that is either

a) he's dead set on leaving.
b) they don't care much to try to keep him.

edit: Not to mention, it's not like he's putting over someone random, it's his own brother, so I'd imagine he's ok with it.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?
« Reply #9 on: 22 April 2009, 12:33:59 AM »
Quote from: Prax;26734

edit: Not to mention, it's not like he's putting over someone random, it's his own brother, so I'd imagine he's ok with it.

A] And would be moreso based on the way they're treating him; This is just them trying not to push him for when he goes to TNA again.

B} Which is a huge mistake, esp. if their next option would be to try to keep thos fans (like moving Rey back to SD for Hispanic fans) by pushing his brother.

Edit] That's like WWE guys not talking down about anyone if they ever hope to go back there; He knows what his brother/opponent can do (not much well), but he's being nice to not kill his chances down the line.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?
« Reply #10 on: 22 April 2009, 12:38:15 AM »
Quote from: TJChurch;26736
Quote from: Prax;26734

A] And would be moreso based on the way they're treating him; This is just them trying not to push him for when he goes to TNA again.

B} Which is a huge mistake, esp. if their next option would be to try to keep thos fans (like moving Rey back to SD for Hispanic fans) by pushing his brother.

Edit] That's like WWE guys not talking down about anyone if they ever hope to go back there; He knows what his brother/opponent can do (not much well), but he's being nice to not kill his chances down the line.

Well I don't see how they're treating him so badly... he's had a world title shot in recent memory and all the shit that happened with the pyro and the car accident and his house was supposed to lead to a major feud (settled on his Brother but i still think that's good). I don't think Hardy's the type to bitch and leave because he jobbed a few times and didn't get the spotlight over someone else, he just doesn't strike me as having that big of an ego.

as for b), i can agree with you there, but it's WWE, it's not supposed to make sense when you're vince :P

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?
« Reply #11 on: 22 April 2009, 03:24:19 AM »
Quote from: Prax;26737
Well I don't see how they're treating him so badly... he's had a world title shot in recent memory and all the shit that happened with the pyro and the car accident and his house was supposed to lead to a major feud (settled on his Brother but i still think that's good). I don't think Hardy's the type to bitch and leave because he jobbed a few times and didn't get the spotlight over someone else, he just doesn't strike me as having that big of an ego.

as for b), i can agree with you there, but it's WWE, it's not supposed to make sense when you're vince :P

Yeah, he had the Title... But getting him "thisclose" all those times over all those years (esp. when he was so over with fans it isn't even a good enough word to describe it) only to keep it for a month is more senseless crap. The pyro was maybe something (I didn't see a lot of SD in recent months, including that), but the fire (at the least) was not WWE; It was real-life, which is also the thing that caused Vince to do Rosie-Donald. (Didn't Vince hire Punk & another guy "Trump" worked with pre-WWE? Where are either of MITB's pals now?)

I know Jeff probably wouldn't complain if he didn't get the spotlight someone else did, but I think that's gotta be in his "inner monologue" or something somewhere, esp. considring the talent level of the person who is. (Not like it's a future HOFer or anything.)

Offline Dale

Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?
« Reply #12 on: 30 April 2009, 02:55:09 AM »
Source: prowrestling.net

We've been covering the story about Jeff Hardy's WWE contract status and the possibility of Jeff taking time off when it expires this summer. Jeff has turned down several of WWE's attempts to sign him to a new contract and the former WWE champion is said to be considering extended time away from the ring.

The latest is that Jeff has been giving the impression to friends that he will in fact re-sign with WWE before his contract expires this summer. While he is burned out with the hectic travel schedule, his willingness to walk away from WWE has given him negotiating leverage and he will likely ask for a reduced schedule, similar to the Undertaker's deal.

My opinion features a SmackDown spoiler so only read it if you don't mind being spoiled

Spoiler:
I said to Narc on msn when discussing the SmackDown spoilers that I found it strange they would book him in a main event feud for the WHC when his contract is set to expire about two months after.

Offline narcolepsy

Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?
« Reply #13 on: 30 April 2009, 03:15:43 AM »
First, I've never thought Jeff was actually leaving, he's finally got to the top of the heap in the WWE and it just wouldn't make any sense for him to leave now when he's got so much potential.  The WWE schedule can result in burnout for many stars, but I think the WWE would be willing to comply to give Jeff a few months off here and there in order to keep one of their biggest babyfaces.  I remember not too long ago that there were rumors of Rey Mysterio talking about wanting out when his contract expired.  This is all about contract negotiation leverage.  Guys like Rey and Jeff are trying to milk as much money and benefits (such as a less hectic road schedule) because they are the new faces of the WWE and since it took 10 years for Vince to establish a guy who isn't A) a monster or B)A 6'5'' powerhouse in the main event, they are a rare commodity.  With the way the IWC is today, I'm sure this gets on Vince's nerves and he just wants to keep as much news off the internet as possible.

To answer the spoiler part....
Spoiler:
If Jeff was actually going to leave, this match could be used as an injury angle to send him on his way or just having Jeff job out to the main event/upper midcard stars to give them a rub on his way out.  However, I'm pretty confident he's staying and this is either the beginning of a decent Hardy/Edge feud that I've wanted to see for a while now and the WWE puts Edge over as a strong champion for once.  I'm just disappointed they couldn't come up with a better start for the feud rather than Jeff just winning a #1 contenders match.  For example, having Christian instead of Matt Hardy be his attacker at Survivor Series.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Jeff Hardy Leaving WWE?
« Reply #14 on: 30 April 2009, 03:17:26 AM »
I'm starting to once again think that the IWC is planting "information" and "rumors" in order to try and influence people in the business. Hardy has no reason to leave WWE and would be an idiot to do so during an economic crisis. He's not retiring. He doesn't have a career lined up outside of wrestling. He has no house. He's not going to get the same kind of money from the indys or TNA. His family works for WWE.

Fucking bite your lip and do the fucking travel. You get paid assloads of money to fucking grapple in the ring with your friends and entertain crowds, and you're going to tell me you want to walk away to do the same in front of smaller crowds? The travel argument is ridiculous. I mean, I understand it, but it's stupid. Hardy needs WWE and he'd better stay.