Author Topic: What can TNA do to improve to a greater mainstream wrestling company?  (Read 2167 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
What can TNA do to improve to a greater mainstream wrestling company?
« Reply #30 on: 21 May 2009, 05:02:26 PM »
Quote from: Axel;27943
Quote from: Prax;27867
Quote from: Axel;27711
True. But you gotta admit they have done a pretty good job with Beer Money Inc.

Sure, why not. But those are two guys who should be main eventing by now. I think both Roode and Storm have done their time in tag teams and should be getting singles pushes.

I agree. TNA needs a Randy Orton type heel.

Hell, why not wait for Randy's contract to expire and sign him too :giggle

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #31 on: 22 May 2009, 01:46:42 AM »

Sure, why not. But those are two guys who should be main eventing by now. I think both Roode and Storm have done their time in tag teams and should be getting singles pushes.

I disagree. TNA needs their own type of unique heel that WWE hasn't done before, because honestly if I have to pick between watching Randy Orton and an Orton knockoff I'm going to pick Orton.

But what TNA needs to do to get themselves established as a big time wrestling promotion is get media attention like the WWE has. The main advantage that Vince has over Jarrett and Carter is that he's going to take any little piece of media he can get and use it to his advantage. Take the current Nuggets/RAW fiasco .. Not only were they given the means to put their product into actual sports media but Vince has exploted that and done everything he can to push RAW and WWE as a better buisness and  form of entertainment then the NBA.

Now that's something that TNA has never been able to do, hell I didn't even know TNA existed until I found myself on wrestling forums and even then I never watched it until I was channel surfing and saw some wrestling on on Thursday nights. I have never once seen a media story on TNA .. where as I have seen coverage on WWE and even ROH.

And like always I'm going to have to disagree with Prax on one little thing he's been arguing. TNA need the big name stars like Kurt and Sting because those are the types of guys that are going to attract the viewers .. I'll admit it's going to be seeing AJ Styles and the MMG fly around that 6-Sided ring that are going to keep you watching week after week. I'll agree that they need to push those guys to the moon but having Angle in the main event isn't hurting anything ... Until he holds all the bel- Oh wait

But most of all TNA needs to actually establish themselves as an alternative and not just a wrestling show I can watch on Thursdays because honestly for a lot of people that's what TNA is.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #32 on: 22 May 2009, 02:14:14 AM »
[quote=Edge
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Axel

« Reply #33 on: 25 May 2009, 03:55:47 AM »
Quote from: Vintage Tex;28107

I disagree. TNA needs their own type of unique heel that WWE hasn't done before, because honestly if I have to pick between watching Randy Orton and an Orton knockoff I'm going to pick Orton.

But what TNA needs to do to get themselves established as a big time wrestling promotion is get media attention like the WWE has. The main advantage that Vince has over Jarrett and Carter is that he's going to take any little piece of media he can get and use it to his advantage. Take the current Nuggets/RAW fiasco .. Not only were they given the means to put their product into actual sports media but Vince has exploted that and done everything he can to push RAW and WWE as a better buisness and  form of entertainment then the NBA.

Now that's something that TNA has never been able to do, hell I didn't even know TNA existed until I found myself on wrestling forums and even then I never watched it until I was channel surfing and saw some wrestling on on Thursday nights. I have never once seen a media story on TNA .. where as I have seen coverage on WWE and even ROH.

And like always I'm going to have to disagree with Prax on one little thing he's been arguing. TNA need the big name stars like Kurt and Sting because those are the types of guys that are going to attract the viewers .. I'll admit it's going to be seeing AJ Styles and the MMG fly around that 6-Sided ring that are going to keep you watching week after week. I'll agree that they need to push those guys to the moon but having Angle in the main event isn't hurting anything ... Until he holds all the bel- Oh wait

But most of all TNA needs to actually establish themselves as an alternative and not just a wrestling show I can watch on Thursdays because honestly for a lot of people that's what TNA is.

I'm not saying they need a knockoff Orton, I mean a guy that is simply reckless and has the look and skill of a champion other than Kurt.

I think two people who fits that persona would be Robert Roode and James Storm.

Hell, even Vince wanted Roode...and badly.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #34 on: 1 June 2009, 07:32:26 AM »
To be a better show TNA needs to quit with the bullcrap. I caught a bit while channel flicking and it was Mick Foley wrestling a cardboard cut out of Rocky Balboa.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #35 on: 2 June 2009, 12:08:43 AM »
I just youtubed that lmao. I love the caption in the description, telling people to watch sacrifice. Ya cause that's gonna get you PPV buys.

What a joke. I don't know how anyone could defend that. The guy got winded wrestling a piece of cardboard! :lol

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #36 on: 2 June 2009, 10:00:45 AM »
He didn't even break the cardboard, that's the most pathetic thing. I find it funny how Foley is taking it seriously, trying to put a message across, and how everyone is really pissed off over it. If you watched it, you would think the cardboard is the top heel in the company.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #37 on: 2 June 2009, 01:42:39 PM »
Wow, that is the most perfect example to prove how much of a joke TNA really is. It also goes to show that Mick Foley is also a joke.. The thing that got me most is that Don West went along with it as though it was a real confrontation/match, and yes, we all know he is probably the worst wrestling commentator of all time, but far-out, it wasn't needed.

I'm not trying to get all up in WWE's corner (although they do win by a blind mile in a lot of these arguements), but when say Santino comes to the ring as 'Santina' and does something, Jerry Lawler doesn't make out that it is real, he laughs and makes comments almost giving that yes, it is Santino as 'Santina'.

TNA is a joke.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet