Author Topic: 2008 2009 Football kits thread  (Read 1885 times)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
2008 2009 Football kits thread
« Reply #15 on: 5 July 2008, 12:36:57 AM »

Yup very much alike the Millwall top! (Y)

Offline Mr Kenny!

« Reply #16 on: 5 July 2008, 12:22:51 PM »
Leicester City Away

Hertha Berlin home

Frankfurt

Wolves

Borussia Dortmund

Norwich Home

Plymouth Away

Bayer Leverkusen

Hull Away

PSG

Dinamo Zagreb away

3rd

Dunfermilne

Burnley

Falkirk

Yeovil Away

Leyton Orient
Made by me!!

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #17 on: 5 July 2008, 07:48:45 PM »
She looks excited to receive her free Leverkusen top. :lol2:

Offline firewall316

« Reply #18 on: 5 July 2008, 07:50:54 PM »
Oh... guess I'm gonna have to get used to soccer being called football on here lol.

Offline Mr Kenny!

« Reply #19 on: 5 July 2008, 08:14:38 PM »
Yeah because its really called Football and not Soccer lol
Made by me!!

Offline kertonl

« Reply #20 on: 5 July 2008, 09:36:01 PM »
Barca's New Away Looks Nice.

Xbox Live GT: kertonl

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #21 on: 5 July 2008, 11:28:09 PM »
Quote from: firewall316;4838
Oh... guess I'm gonna have to get used to soccer being called football on here lol.

All over the world it is called football. The American's created American Football because they suck at football and rugby and couldn't take it. American Football is not an international sport as the American's fear competition.
It sounds harsh but it is true and it really annoys me that the American's don't realise this is football.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #22 on: 6 July 2008, 11:38:55 AM »
It's not just America. It's basically North America and Oceania (Oz & New Zealand) too who call it soccer yet it's real name is indeed Football. Hence the governing body being called FIFA. (Federation International Football Association) "I think".

Offline Mr Kenny!

« Reply #23 on: 6 July 2008, 02:52:29 PM »
Blackburn Away

Home(not a great picture)

MK Dons
Made by me!!

Offline firewall316

« Reply #24 on: 6 July 2008, 04:54:27 PM »
Quote from: John Doe;4875
All over the world it is called football. The American's created American Football because they suck at football and rugby and couldn't take it. American Football is not an international sport as the American's fear competition.
It sounds harsh but it is true and it really annoys me that the American's don't realise this is football.

[SIZE=-1]The word "soccer" actually        comes from England, where the modern version[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]        of the game originated. [/SIZE]       [/B]

[SIZE=-1]In England, there were two types of        football: rugby football and association football. The slang term for        rugby football was "rugger," and the slang for association football was        "assoc." The word "assoc" gradually evolved into "soccer," which was much        easier to say. [/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=-1]When association football was introduced        to North America, gridiron football (the type played by the NFL and in the        Super Bowl) was already well established. To avoid confusion, Americans        adopted the British nickname "soccer" for the new sport.[/SIZE][/B]

There's the real answer!

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #25 on: 6 July 2008, 06:03:10 PM »
All your evidence says is that the American's chose to call their sport Football and that Rugby and "Soccer" were the original sports. Therefore your proof backs up what I said about the American's having NFL because they sucked at Rugby Football and "Association" Football.
The game you actually play with your feet is always going to be called Football. It is the biggest international sport in the world. The American's might call it Soccer but the majority of the world calls it Football and the two original types of football are rugby and "soccer." NFL is just some rubbish sport made by one country, it is softcore Rugby.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #26 on: 6 July 2008, 10:05:49 PM »
Blackburn away looks like a PSG top or something Chelsea had a few seasons ago. The Home top looks nice though, very reminiscent of the strip when they won the EPL.

Offline firewall316

« Reply #27 on: 7 July 2008, 01:02:13 AM »
Quote from: John Doe;4990
All your evidence says is that the American's chose to call their sport Football and that Rugby and "Soccer" were the original sports. Therefore your proof backs up what I said about the American's having NFL because they sucked at Rugby Football and "Association" Football.
The game you actually play with your feet is always going to be called Football. It is the biggest international sport in the world. The American's might call it Soccer but the majority of the world calls it Football and the two original types of football are rugby and "soccer." NFL is just some rubbish sport made by one country, it is softcore Rugby.

It was called football because at the time the word was used to described games played on foot. And both football and rugby is played here. Just not as popular here. Like american football might not be popular where you live. Or Nascar.

Offline Mr Kenny!

« Reply #28 on: 9 July 2008, 11:13:15 AM »
Benfica

Inter Milan

Hartlepool

More to come soon
Made by me!!

Offline WWEFANbOy

« Reply #29 on: 9 July 2008, 04:34:46 PM »
god, i hate that, I thought it was NFL, not soccer, srry, Futbol, anyway, it isn't bad if its one of your country's pasttimes, then i will agree its cool, but otherwise, i dont lkike it