Author Topic: Official TNA Victory Road Discussion Thread  (Read 812 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Official TNA Victory Road Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: 13 July 2008, 02:49:18 PM »
Fro me this looks to be the best card of any main stream wrestling show all year. i can not wait to see it. on paper it looks great.
hopefully it will deliver.

Both x cup matches should be great,

Lethal vs dutt may not be as good as it should be because i think this match will be more for extending the feud.

Joe vs booker t should be good i just hope nash or sting doesn't get involved unless its after the match.

The 6 man match should be pretty awesome. i don't remember seeing a full metal mayhem before so this should be good.

Both knockouts matches are ify but the knockouts have proven to be great in the past on PPV so i don't mind these 2 matches.

And in one of the best feuds i have seen in a while in such short time. LAX vs Beer money should be a good match. i wish it didn't have the stipulation in it where the fans get to use straps and stuff. hopefully this feud willl keep going and we will see a normal tag at the next PPV.

so from top to bottom this card looks great IMO. the only thing i would have to say is i wish there was a x division title match.i would put petey williams vs eric young....or possibly even throw matt morgan in there and show how the x division isn't about weaght limits...its about no limits.

and now for my predictions.

X-Cup 12 man elimination match. im not totally sure how this will go or do i know who is in it. i think its basically like a 4 way 6 man tag survivor series style.

Pick:Team japan. i will. this will give them a total of 5 pooints if im following right and leav it open to whoever wins the ultimate x match wins the world x cup for there team.

Ultimate X match for the x-cup. nor do i know all the guys for this match. im thinking it will be ultimo gurrero, kaz, Davari. and naruki doi.althoughthey may put Mano collection AT in here or the other guy from team japan that i haven't seen.

Pick:Team international.

Sonjay Dutt vs Jay Lethal.
Pick: No contest.
this will probably turn into a brawl. i would rather see a x division type match from these 2 but it makes since for them to build it futher with the way the story is going.

LAX vs Robert Roode and James Storm. (TNA Tag titles)
Pick:LAX

Awesome Kong vs Taylor Wild. (TNA Knockouts title)
Pick:Kong to get back her belt.

Gail Kim vs Angelena Love.
Pick:Gail Kim.
i see ODB coming down and evening the odds with velvet sky. and then kim to get the win.

AJ Styles,Rhino and Christian cage. vs Team 3D and Kurt angle. (Either full metal mayhem,Tables, or falls count anywhere)
Pick:
Team AJ.
AJ will get the win making angle even more pissed off and this feud will keep going which i am very happy about.

Samoa joe vs Booker T.
Pick:Joe.
I really hope this doesn't have nash or sting ruin this match. but im 90% sure that will happen. i still see joe winning though. its to soon for joe to drop the belt. he should be champ right now.

Quick picks.
Team Japan.
Team international.
No Contest. but if i had to pick i would go Sonjay.
LAX
Awesom Kong.
Gail Kim.
AJ,Cage and rhino.
Samoa joe.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #16 on: 15 July 2008, 07:20:31 AM »
Victory road was a really good PPV last night. up until the main event which was good in a way but it made you feel like ""WTF is going on?""

I don't have time to talk about all the matches but i'll give my ratings.

X-Cup Round 3. 12 man elimination match. ****3/4
BEST TNA MATCH OF THE YEAR SO FAR.

Gail kim vs Angelena Love. **3/4
This was a nice match but anything that followed the first match was gonna go down. but still better than any diva match i have seen since phoenix vs melina.

Lethal vs Dutt. ***1/4
Good match i just wish it would have went longer. but still it was good.

LAX vs Robert Roode and James Storm. ***1/4
This was a good fun match. a little more time would be good..also beer money cut a good promo before the match. i didn't think i would like the fans revenge rule but it ended up being good.

Kong vs Taylor Wilde. **1/2
Now even though this match was really short. i thought it was really good too. just the look on kongs face was so intense and its all that it needed to make this match good.plus post match was really great too but i won't spoil it.

Ultimate X. ****
Now i am not happy at all with the winners of the x cup. this was a good match. not the best ultimate x but a lot of guys have never even been in one before. but what puts it over the top and makes this match good was kaz's spot which i think you should check out.

AJ,Cage & Rhino vs Team 3D * Angle. ****
This was another great match IMO. it was given good time and had some great spots in it. then it was like AJ vs the world and i don't wanna spoil the match so i will just leave it at that.

Booker t vs Joe. No rating.
i give this no rating because it really wasn't a match. or it was at first which was pretty good then it just broke down into a angle. i thought the whole story to this was good but i just wish they would have made it easier to know what was going on. they never even rang a bell. overall i'll give the whole segment *** it told a nice story and had some good parts but just wasn't done all that well.

Overall im giving this PPV a 8.75
It would have gotten a 9.00 or higher if the main event would have actually had a ending. but still i think it was TNAs best PPV so far this year. and besides TNP and Mania i think it was the bets PPV all year.

Offline firewall316

« Reply #17 on: 15 July 2008, 07:21:39 AM »
I've heard it was really good from a lot of people. I might have to download and watch it.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 15 July 2008, 07:30:19 AM »
Quote from: firewall316;7015
I've heard it was really good from a lot of people. I might have to download and watch it.

its surely worth the download thats what i did. at least watch the matches i rated good. but maybe stay away from joe vs booker it may leave a bad taste in your mouth is the best way to put it.

Offline firewall316

« Reply #19 on: 15 July 2008, 07:36:22 AM »
I wasn't planning on watching a Booker T match to be honest.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #20 on: 16 July 2008, 11:50:02 PM »
I've just seen the PPV tonight and it was pretty damn good. It had a lot to carry on from Slammiversary but delivered very well. The X-Cup was awesome and showcased great wrestling. LAX/Beer Money/Lethal/Dutt were good feuds that had me interested and the matches weren't half bad. FMM was a great hardcore match and I loved it. The ending was good too with the kendo stick shot then angle slam through the table. (This one isn't over. (Y)) Booker/Joe was ok at best. I don't think anyone had high expectations for this and like Adam said, the ending kinda killed what was a very good ppv to this point. But im interested to see what happens from here.

I'd go along with Adam and put this PPV around 8.0-8.5/10.