Author Topic: Sonjay Dutt gone from TNA.  (Read 429 times)

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
Sonjay Dutt gone from TNA.
« on: 22 February 2009, 12:32:00 PM »
PWInsider.com is reporting that yet another TNA release is on the horizon as the company and Sonjay Dutt have not been able to come to terms on negotiating a new deal. Although Dutt's departure may not come as a big surprise to people, as he hadn't been used creatively in a few months since his program with Jay Lethal and SoCal Val, it should be noted that Dutt was a good face for TNA's foreign markets as he is well received in India. Much like The Great Khali in WWE, Dutt had quite a loyal Indian following, and was therefore considered a good asset by some to TNA. His profile has been removed from the TNA website, which should all but confirm he is indeed leaving the company, and it remains to be seen where SoCal Val will go at this point considering she has been Dutt's valet for quite sometime now.

Eurgh, I hate that TNA would "not be able to come to terms on a contract renewal" with somebody like Sonjay Dutt - who is really consistent in terms of matches and such. Hopefully Dutt ends up with a good spot on the indies or dare I say, even tries his luck in WWE - but whatever happens, I want to see him on my TV screen again one day.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2009, 12:55:10 PM »
Don't surprise me at all. TNA has made it clear they aren't about who can be good in the ring and who has been there with them through thick and thin they are about names and who sales merch.

I love sonjay and 1 pzart of me hates to see him go but just like with the cabana and williams situation im glad they can now work in other companies and be able to actually show how good they are.

Offline Dale

« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2009, 06:13:07 PM »
-- As reported earlier, Sonjay Dutt has parted ways with TNA Wrestling. According to a source, Dutt has reached out to World Wrestling Entertainment, reports ProWrestling.NET. WWE has expressed some interest in signing the former X Division wrestler to a deal.

Now I obviously don't watch TNA, so what are your thoughts on this? Could he be a good acquisition to the WWE due to him having a strong Indian connection, which is something that WWE was obviously trying to get into with Khali?

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2009, 06:38:11 PM »
I think it depends to be honest.

Dutt is a superb talent and has some GREAT moves in his arsenal, but if he goes to WWE - it's not likely that he's going to be able to do half the stuff that makes him what he is. I suppose WWE would hire him for the Indian support, but I doubt he has anywhere near as fans as Khali does. He was born in Washington, DC - so whilst he may be "Indian" he isn't fully Indian - which could take away from his marketability in that region.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2009, 07:12:03 PM »
With a 1 billion person market, I think if they stuck him next to Khali as a face that would help them in that market. It couldn't hurt them anyway.

That would be an interesting mix if you ask me, Dutt and Khali? I would actually mark out.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Biohazared20

« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2009, 03:25:29 AM »
TNA is getting ride of all it's good talent so that the old guys like Sting and Kevin Nash can keep there really big paycheck because TNA revenues have got to be hurting they need to maybe fire Kevin Nash who really hasn't done a damn thing in weeks

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 25 February 2009, 03:58:25 AM »
Quote from: Biohazared20;22698
TNA is getting ride of all it's good talent so that the old guys like Sting and Kevin Nash can keep there really big paycheck because TNA revenues have got to be hurting they need to maybe fire Kevin Nash who really hasn't done a damn thing in weeks

Well that's because he is still recovering from a staff infection.

but you're right TNA just wants to get rid of all its loyal guys that have been there with TNA just so they can pay the big name old guys that should be retired more money.its ridiculous.

Offline The Embassy

« Reply #7 on: 1 March 2009, 01:00:23 AM »
Typical TNA move is all I have to say. TNA releases many of its young and homegrown talent for paying older wrestlers many who have been released from the WWE. Kevin Nash never to me was anything amazing in the ring. Nash wrestling now is nothing more than slow paced, nevertheless TNA figures guys including Nash, Steiner, and Sting still draw. Sting is good for his age, but TNA puts Sting over many younger guys.

Dutt could have had a decent run as a mid card heel going against the likes of Lethal (with a better storyline) Sabin, and other guys. Also why is Rhino in the main event? I respect him, but really that should have been done in say 2006.