Author Topic: Thats it i have finally had it with TNA!  (Read 582 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Thats it i have finally had it with TNA!
« on: 11 February 2009, 01:05:18 PM »
If you know me then you know that i have always watched and been a fan of TNA.  even when TNA might do something stupid i would go to bat for it and say give it time and let it play out and stuff like that. well thats no more and i will explain why.

The main reason is the booking. the lack of pushing the younger talent and pushing the RIGHT talent from TNA lately has been FAR beyond mental.

lets look at the whole main event mafia storyline, the guys who have benefited from this have been the following.

Sting
Kurt Angle
Jeff Jarrett
Rhino
Mick Foley
Team 3D
Booker T
Scott Steiner
Kevin Nash

and NO im not adding joe and AJ in there because they were doing better before the feud even started AJ was beating angle and Joe was the champion for christ sakes! so this feud that started out all about the young guys taking a stand and going to make names for themeselves has turned into the retirement home show with guys that are all over 40 years old running the show. and i don't care if some of these guys are your favorites you gotta admit that this has been fucking stupid! why do you need to bury your future and put over these guys who are already over? it makes no sense at all!

then when they do push"young" people hers who we get pushed.

Brutis Magnus.
Sheik bashir (Davari)
Shane Sewwell

all of those guys completely suck. im sorry but its true there styles are so played out and boring its ridiculous. these guys shouldn't even be working on a major US promotion and especially not being pushed like TNA pushes them. especially when you have the roster TNA has.

which brings me to my next part of this post. TNA waste so much talent its unreal.

Kaz
Christopher Daniels
Petey Williams
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelley (up until now)
Sonjay Dutt
Jimmy Rave
Lanec Hoyt
Homicide
Hernandez

I don't even need to say anything after that. any wrestling fan with knowledge knows that all of those guys are talented as hell and some of the best wrestlers out there.

But i Will.

Kaz had all the momentum in the world last year. i mean it was HUGE this was gonna be there next top start... then all of a sudden they do this little angle where he "quits wrestling" and then they have him redebut as suicide. a guys who randomly comes out there and saves and beats down people for no reason. also he looks like a gay power ranger.

Chris Daniels was a top guy in TNA for a very long time then they just stop pushing him and give him the stupid curry man gimmick now he got fired from it too and he is taking kaz's place as suicide.

Petey Willi9ams is one of the best wrestlers in the world IMO. and they have him first be steiners bitch then have him get beat down by the mafia and then come back to get pay back. well he cost steiner 1 match and ever since then all he has done is lose, lose and get buried. alos he still is trying to look just exactly like steiner which makes no sense at all if he is suppose to hate him now.

Chris Sabin is one of the best in the world too IMO. this guy is a 5 time x division champion. and should either be in the main event by ow or he and shelley should be tag champs. also he and shelley won the IWGP jr tag championships but do they get to come out with the belts? NO. but does team 3D get to come out with there IWGP tag belts OF FUCKING COURSE!

Alex Shelley i can't really complain much right now beings he is the x division champion. although that belt and that division the division that made TNA in the first place really means nothing anymore.

Sonjay dutt goes out there and bust his ass and is one of the est high flyers in wrestling but still has never won any TNA title ever! is is lucky if he gets to job on impact once every 2 months.

Jimmy Rave is a very talented wrestler. and you can see that when he wrestle but TNA put this god awful gimmick with him where he and lance hoyt come out playing toy guitars and acting like idiots who think they are rock stars. who can seriously take that serious?

Lance Hoyt is very good for a big man. although he may remind you a lot of test he is actually better and to my knowledge doesn't do roids. this guy back in the day had a lot going for him in TNA but of course not anymore.

LAX one week will be getting a push and the then you will go a month or so without even hearing from them. plus they hardly ever get PPV matches anymore. then they look like they were gonna build up hernandez for his titkle shot and what happens? he gets beat down by the main event mafia and then to top it all off hen ADN Homicide couldn't beat kurt angle and a 2 on 1 handicap match and Angle own that match CLEANLY!

And you might as well say AJ Styles and Samoa joe because all they do is take a backseat to the old guys.

Oh and if you haven't heard TNA has now fired Petey Williams and lance hoyt. and also thereare rumors that its because they want to make more money room for.......DRUM ROLL....STEVIE RICHARDS!

....how ignorant can you fucking be? seriously.

Oh and Eric young also got fired too. but i read his will play more in storyline but you know what that means either Super Eric or he will be out for a very long time.

Then you got probably the only good part of TNA in Beer money who aren't even on Impact every week. hell they're lucky if they have 1 match a month!

Then you got abyss acting like a retarded little kid/kind of shell of his former monster...seriously thats his gimmick.

And you got matt morgan your only REAL big man in the company looking like a little butch selling to guys 3 times less his size. that is NOT how you build a monster big guy!

Then there is the knockouts division which now has become FAR worse than anything the WWE puts out there. you got awesome kong with all this backup....seriously TNA? you got the biggest baddest bitch in wrestling and she needs backup? what sense does that make? and you have no top babyface to represent since gail kim left. and the only one you have close to that is ODB and you make her job to kong.... AGAIN!

oh and then there is the beautiful people which was the best part of the knockouts division until you put them in that god awful storyline where they were actually supposed to think that this fraud impersonator was sear palin. and they thought she was gonna get inaugurated even though Obama won the fucking election!

RETARDED!!!!

Not to mention the god awful commentary with mike tenay and don west. i was watching a few weeks ago when nash and booker t was commentating for like a hour and the show was still bad but i could manage watching it because the commentary was so good. then for the 2nd hour the matches were actually better (although not so good) but the show was worse and hard to watch with tenay and west on commentary. and it has never bothered me to much until then and now everything they do annoys the life out of me. i can't stand those 2 at all. and that has been a common complaint for a very long time now from a lot of people so why hasn't TNA changed the team? they could still have don west doing backstage stuff like he does with the DW DEALS. and you could have Mike Tenay host those sit down interviews.

And the production. OMG the production is so poor. and by that i mean when you have a match in TNA there is ALWAYS a spot that they either miss or go to some fucked up blocked camera view. and it has been going on forever now. grow adults should not make this many mistakes. perfect your art after 7 years! seriously i could do a better job. you just gotta be prepared for a spot and know what camera to cut to and tell your camera man to get ready in a spot you have like 4 or 5 different camera angles out there so it can't be that hard.

And its not like TNA couldn't go out there and get some actually smart guys to be in charge. hell they got jimcornett now and only use him as a semi boss which makes no sense if you have foley and JJ there running the show.

but yeah Paul Haymen is out there they could hire him. or Gabe Zapolski (sp?) then guy that was in charge of ROH he is now available. fuck even eric bichoff would be doing a better job then what they are doing now.

So with all this combined for the first time ever after watching and staying strong and being a die hard fan for the past 5 years i now give up on TNA. im not going to watch Impact anymore. maybe i;ll watch a MCMG match but thats it. maybe i'll still watch the PPVs via torrent or stream but thats not even for sure with the bad PPV cards they have had lately.

So there you have it people those are my reasons that i now give up on TNA. i have had it and have waited far too long for them to improve. i hope they start to pick there game up like they did in 04 and 05 and hell even 06.then i'll start watching again and being a fan.But i just can't take this anymore right now.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2009, 11:45:46 PM »
Can't say I didn't warn you. TNA = the final years of WCW. It's a miracle they're able to survive as a wrestling promotion.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline WWEFANbOy

« Reply #2 on: 13 February 2009, 12:46:08 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Praxie Boombatz;22255
Can't say I didn't warn you. TNA = the final years of WCW. It's a miracle they're able to survive as a wrestling promotion.

I will have to agree, TNA hasn't done a lot and realeasing  such good people and let them slip away. thats ridiculous. Petey Williams has a lot of potential, and with the Canadian Destroyer, that adds to his, "deadliness" The whole MEM storyline is ok, but it really only escilates the top people in TNA right now. And I will agree, Joe and AJ did gret before this. So, as of right now, besides a few individuals, TNA really does= the final years of WCW

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 13 February 2009, 10:17:05 PM »
I have only seen a couple shows of TNA, probably 2 or 3, and only once in the last 3-4 months now. I watched the end of a show the other week with Team 3D vs Sting, this is meant to be the main event on Impact, and it was absolutely awful. No pace or anything, a really crap match to watch. Nothing in the match spelt main event material to me, it was only saved by interference, and even that was boring. Booker T was annoying as the commentator as well.

I can see where you are coming from, it seems like they want to keep the attitude era of WWE and gain the audience back from those days thinking "wow we have Mick Foley, Team 3D, Kurt Angle, Booker T etc. if people who watched WWE back in the day flick through the programs and catch our show they might remember these guys so we have to have them in the main event."

I am going to have to agree with you on this, if that show is like that consistently, then the show is getting stupid. I like how they aim for an older audience, but from what you have said and some of the stuff i have seen, they have got a lot of stuff on there which is questionnable.

As with the whole "best superstars only in the Main Event" I think they should keep some people in the main event scene who have established themselves, then have new talent come in and see if they are made for it (like what they are doing in Raw Elimination Chamber.) From what i saw Team 3D looked like they were too old and were they really main event material, i can only rememeber them being in that scene when it was Invasion time.

Offline firewall316

« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2009, 05:44:59 PM »
Wow, It's about time. I remember the TNA Sucks thread where you always backed TNA. TNA could do no wrong. Lol. I was just trying to help you realize what you are seeing now a little earlier.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 17 February 2009, 01:35:24 AM »
Quote from: firewall316;22324
Wow, It's about time. I remember the TNA Sucks thread where you always backed TNA. TNA could do no wrong. Lol. I was just trying to help you realize what you are seeing now a little earlier.

That's not really the case though seeing as TNA was pretty damn good until recently. I agree with everything adampro has written though it is silly. I love the drum roll then STEVIE RICHARDS that cracked me up. The best thing Richards ever did was be the head of the worst stable in WWE history (Right to Censor) which included people like Val Venis and Bull Buchanan....the horror!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 17 February 2009, 03:35:35 AM »
TNA was never good. TNA only appeared to be good because it was a mainstream alternative to WWE. It's kind of like when Triple H has 13 reigns, or Cena has a 2 year reign, when someone fresh but with less talent beats them it's mark worthy at first because it's different but then you come to the realization that it's a facade. You people jsut took longer to realize that with TNA :P

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #7 on: 17 February 2009, 08:54:41 AM »
It seems that TNA's coherence is that using the guys with known star power as the focus of their shows will end up helping them be propelled to the next level, which I could understand.... if it was actually working. TNA should have realized the second they signed Kurt Angle and the ratings didn't change at all, that they needed to focus on being TNA not WWE Jr.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #8 on: 25 March 2009, 10:25:27 AM »
Quote from: John Doe;22359
Quote from: firewall316;22324

That's not really the case though seeing as TNA was pretty damn good until recently. I agree with everything adampro has written though it is silly. I love the drum roll then STEVIE RICHARDS that cracked me up. The best thing Richards ever did was be the head of the worst stable in WWE history (Right to Censor) which included people like Val Venis and Bull Buchanan....the horror!

I'm glad someone actually could get the whole post and what this was about.

its not that i SAW THE LIGHT! or anything like that.

And anything good i said about TNA in the passed i still stand by. but it seems like everytime they started going in the right direction they would make a 180 and go in the total wrong direction and now its gotten to the point where all they are going is into a old folks home with a few young guys who by then time get to the main event will be old and no one will care when they get there besides there die hard fans and they will have a hard time caring themselves i belive.

And last but not least i will still say this. If you enjoy TNA or anything for that matter then great for you. i wish i could enjoy it too because who doesn't want to feel enjoyment?

if you like watching a whole bunch of old guys in the main event and the young guys bein lucky to even get a PPV match then great for you. but i just can't be happy with it that way.

Offline Apocalypsis_Ahora

« Reply #9 on: 25 March 2009, 10:42:10 AM »
I'd have fired Lance and Petey also.  Just Sayin'

Offline The Embassy

« Reply #10 on: 9 April 2009, 11:13:35 PM »
After 2005, it became apparent how bad TNA is. The morbid booking we see on ppv, and the dominance the veteran wrestlers have over the younger talent is hard to watch. I have not watched TNA really this entire year, since I was tired of the horrid 2007-2008 years. Why does everyone have to be on ppv also? The ppvs lack substance, if everyone is going to compete at Bound for Glory. I never understood how bad a creative team is, if they have to rely on gimmicks like Scott Steiner and Macho Man types instead of something new and interesting. The tag team division is not as good as days with AMW, The Naturals, Triple X, and other teams from 2002-2005. Unfortunately, I lost much of my interest and hope for TNA; there is no signs of improvement, and we see the same poor booking and storylines. The wrestling is not as good as it was either, and the X division is hardly represented on the show.