Author Topic: Smackdown confuses me.  (Read 355 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Smackdown confuses me.
« on: 3 February 2009, 01:09:20 PM »
Smackdown confuses me.

they start pushing R-Truth first, he wins and wins and wins and wins, then he beats shelton benjamin on a few occasions. then when he gets his US title shot shelton retains.

Then next thing you kno Truth is hardly ever on SD and when he is he is just jobbing to the likes of big show and koslov.

Then they start pushing hurricane helms, he wins and wins and wins against shelton then when he gets his title shot he loses. just like R-Truth.

Next thing you know he hardly is ever seen on SD and he is jobbing to koslov.

so they basically did the same exact thing with these 2 guys and Truth seemed to be getting over a lot and helms was also getting over too. maybe not as much as truth but still helms was doing well.

but after these semi pushes and after they lose to shelton things just go all down hill and these guys become jobbers like jimmy yang who is also a fantastic talent that gets misused like crazy.

and then having your US Champion losing all those times and only winning when the title is on the line isn't making him or the title look any better.

Then you have the tag division and you have 3 really good teams in Jessie & Festus, Kendrick & Zeik and Carlito and Primo. but they just aren't consistent in having tag matches every week. one week you will see a great tag team match involving 1 or 2 of these teams and then the next week there iwll be no tag teams on the show.

Not to mention you have hawkins & Ryder which i would also like to see get back in the hunt and if they are never gonna do anything with DH SMith in legacy like it looks why not bring in the hart foundation 2.0?

With all this said i just want to make it clear that im not BASHING Smackdown or anything. its actually my favorite show to watch most of the time. it sjust the stuff that they do confuses the hell out of me and makes me scratch my head. and they just seem so inconsistent with stuff.

By the way....What ever happened with Kizarny? they gave him all those build promos he had 1 match where he beat MVP and then POOF! we never hear from him again. not that im complaining because what i seen i didn't really like. but im just saying.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
Smackdown confuses me.
« Reply #1 on: 3 February 2009, 01:16:48 PM »
I know what you mean, it hardly seems like Smackdown has any new matches. For example, last couple years it was always Batista, Edge and Taker for the belt, no one else. They have people who can have a credible title shot at least, but instead they don't use them. They just seem like they are in their own league, and if they are in a match, you can tell who will win.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Smackdown confuses me.
« Reply #2 on: 3 February 2009, 08:54:33 PM »
It does confuse me as well, it seems like they can't decide which talent to utilise. Shelton wasn't even on last week's show and instead we see r-truth beat Kendrick who they were pushing after the draft but seem to have given up on and they seem to be back to pushing R-Truth but he probably won't get anywhere.
Added to that they give mvp the biggest losing streak ever and now it looks like he will take the title from Benjamin but when he does what then? It doesn't really seem to prove anything.
they could use all this talent in 5 matches. They could have their standard Diva's match. A three way tag match with Jesse and Festus, Carlito and Primo and Kendrick and Eziekiel or just have two of these teams face off each week but three way tag matches are now underused and they are awesome. So far this puts the show on 2 matches.
Then we can see another 2 matches involving Helms, MVP, R-Truth and Shelton Benjamin and then the main event whether it be Triple H, Kozlov, Taker, Big Show or Edge involved as the people in the main event varies each week anyway.
This shows that in 5 matches they could easily use their talent. Raw has a certain pattern to it which Smackdown doesn't. Smackdown is awesome but it has the potential to be so much more than it is.

Offline Dale

Smackdown confuses me.
« Reply #3 on: 4 February 2009, 02:06:26 AM »
My take on the part you mentioned about R-Truth and Helms is as follows. I think they are getting a much scaled down 'MVP Treatment.' You no the one, testing the guys to see if they are in in it for the long run and what not. I think it's also a case of not wanting to push them too soon and end up suffering long term for it, kind of like what they did with Kofi when he debuted on Raw and won the IC Title. That push came too soon for him and he's only just starting to recover from it so to speak as he's now in the EC and look's set to possibly feud with Kane. I guess you can say they are still testing out how popular they are. It's easy to get behind a face who's winning everyweek, but what happens when he gets a few losses and doesn't appear on shows, if he still get's good reactions after all that then you know he's a keeper so to speak.

Kizarny has dissapeared because officials became sour on him after his first match :lol Sucks for the dude, but his gimmick sucked anyway.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Smackdown confuses me.
« Reply #4 on: 4 February 2009, 03:26:21 AM »
Well even after kofi lost the IC title he was still on raw every week and it wasn't long before he won the tag titles with punk. so i think they're doing a good job with kofi.

the only guy i can really complain about on raw is the lack of usage with jamie noble. and mybe the poor usage of cryme time.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Smackdown confuses me.
« Reply #5 on: 4 February 2009, 07:00:47 PM »
If it's any consolation, R-Truth got an assload of time on SD from the looks of it... Gregory Helms was there but got buried yet again.

I kind of agree, but when you have that many big stars on a show it's really hard to pick and choose. Big Show, Taker, Jeff, Edge, Triple H... I mean you kind of have to give time to those guys, and I'm sure I'm missing a few people.

And it's not like they haven't pushed anything. Shelton gets time every week, Kozlov is still a rookie, Miz and Morisson get loads of time on every show. (literally every show).

I agree that they're mishandling the newer lower card talent, but it's just a case of having too much lower card talent I guess.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
Smackdown confuses me.
« Reply #6 on: 5 February 2009, 03:07:44 AM »
Shelton doesn't get time every week. he will be on 1 week and the next week they won't even mention him.

same goes for almost everyone besides there main guys like
Jeff
Matt
Edge
Show
Triple H
& Taker

and Hell show isn't even there every week.

maybe smackdown needs to start making some trades because these guys are never going to get as over as they could if they aren't consistently on TV.

I would like to see raw and ECW just trade all there tag teams to SD and have SD tag titles as the only titles and then SD could trade Truth,Helms benjamin and all the US title contenders over to raw and just have either the US or IC title. having all those guys in the hunt would make both titles mean more and look more legit and wanted. plus it would be easier to get everyone on the show each week having everyon in the same hunt for the titles. both tag team and IC/US.