Author Topic: wwe title reigns  (Read 342 times)

Offline deadman

wwe title reigns
« on: 27 January 2009, 10:36:24 PM »
well edge is again champ twice in less than 3 months wat a surprise wont mind it if he was given a long reign and didnt get it bk after two months but that sd creative no planning i was pleased that jeff finally got there but all the build up wiv hhh and orton last year a month reign please use ur brain creative three month reign would been better.
 who should be champ on sd mvp koslov shelton benjamin jeff hardy edge taker hhh big show.
 undertaker should get a run this year mid year once mania is past that he should get four month reign.
 shelton mvp young should get run at the title and ave gd feuds wiv big names and get a chance at wwe title

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
wwe title reigns
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2009, 10:44:52 PM »
I personally feel the WWE Creative team really screwed up on Jeff Hardy's title reign. I could recall everyone being surprised or excited to see Hardy as the WWE Champion as it was something people thought wasn't coming for at least another six months, but he did it. He's the most over guy in the WWE right now and him only getting a one month reign is kind of a slap in the face to him really.

Without that I feel Edge is probably gonna hold the belt going into Wrestlemania and will do some sort of program with Triple H, as I know he'll make himself get into that match. Also, I do see Triple H winning because I remember reading somewhere that he was once a little angered because he hasn't won a World Championship at Wrestlemania in years now.

I don't want to see Triple H as champion as he bores me, and we've seen it time, and time again but I'm pretty certain he'll be holding the title some time down the track in 2009. As for The Undertaker, I say no, I do no want to see him as the champion because he doesn't really even entertain me as much as he once did.

So seriously, in 2009 I only see Edge, Triple H, Jeff Hardy and maybe a draft pick or two win the title this year.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Dale

wwe title reigns
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2009, 04:08:14 AM »
Glad you posted this as I forgot to add it into my Royal Rumble Review. I too, although a fan of Edge, am begin to tire of all these constant title reigns he's had. SmackDown needs to use someone else as the top heel for the show so he can take a step back as because let's face it, had it been anyone else, Cena / HHH / Batista / Taker, people would have been cursing them to the hill for hogging the belt / main event spot.

Offline deadman

wwe title reigns
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2009, 12:13:17 PM »
i think taker should get a run and put guys like mvp shelton jeff and matt hardy over even though jeff has been champ he had a gr8 match on sd wiv taker lets ave a wwe title match wiv taker vs jeff that would be a gd match wiv it being a gimmick match as well street fight ladder or casket match.
 i see edge holding the belt till mania either triple h wins it or christain returns at no way out and they build up a feud between them then ave taker win the belt off them and say ave jeff win it off taker.
so here my yeaar at the top edge till mania 25  hhh or christain till night off champions taker till cyber sunday jeff hardy holds it till nxt rrumble thats my idea.

Offline bele_nine

wwe title reigns
« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2009, 08:46:32 PM »
i said this to my girlfirend when we were watching the RR.

As much as i like Edge and would like him to have a nice long title reign i didnt want him to win the title from Jeff Hardy because i am a big believer that a  champion should hold the title for long periods of time and take on many opponents to keep the title matches fresh, i dont see anything wrong with someone holding the strap for a year or more aslong as they keep the fueds fresh and have the champs face new people and not just the same person for a year unless the matches and angles are new and not boring which WWE dont seem to be able to do right now.

Offline deadman

wwe title reigns
« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2009, 11:42:39 AM »
totaly agree but i think the likes of shelton benjamin and mvp should get a three month reign each taker who is now the vetrain who has put jeff hardy over should get a gd reign b4 he retires he be gr8 at putting them two ver and holding the belt

Offline bele_nine

wwe title reigns
« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2009, 06:29:28 PM »
Quote from: deadman;21864
totaly agree but i think the likes of shelton benjamin and mvp should get a three month reign each taker who is now the vetrain who has put jeff hardy over should get a gd reign b4 he retires he be gr8 at putting them two ver and holding the belt

if im completly honest i dont think Shelton will every get a world title reign, but i can def see MVP having a good run somewhere along the line but maybe not for a year or even 2.

if you look at Edge and Jeff Hardy it look them both years and years of hard work in the WWF and the WWE to become world champion, and i think that is the right way to go about it sometimes.

Fans sometimes resent some superstars that come in and are made Mainevent level stars with in minutes just look at Cena, he was pushed from day one and shoved down peoples throats and people hate him for it, but because Edge took 7 or 8 years to win the title people dont mind so much that he is haveing so many title runs and how long they last.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
wwe title reigns
« Reply #7 on: 6 February 2009, 06:01:18 AM »
I was genuinely shocked when Jeff Hardy lost the championship at the RR. I thought WWE would have kept it on him until at least Wrestlemania; it seems such a shame that they haven't. Hardy is probably the most over guy in WWE right now and regardless of his past mistakes, has really turned things around in the past couple of years and become a superb performer. I'm hoping like hell that he'll have another run down the line, but it really all depends on whether or not Jeff keeps up his end of the bargain (by staying clean for a long enough period to be trusted.)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
wwe title reigns
« Reply #8 on: 6 February 2009, 06:37:39 AM »
Quote from: AngryCaz;22043
I was genuinely shocked when Jeff Hardy lost the championship at the RR. I thought WWE would have kept it on him until at least Wrestlemania; it seems such a shame that they haven't. Hardy is probably the most over guy in WWE right now and regardless of his past mistakes, has really turned things around in the past couple of years and become a superb performer. I'm hoping like hell that he'll have another run down the line, but it really all depends on whether or not Jeff keeps up his end of the bargain (by staying clean for a long enough period to be trusted.)

Knowing WWE, that should be a good thing.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
wwe title reigns
« Reply #9 on: 6 February 2009, 09:05:46 AM »
Well i wasn't shocked at all. it was very obvious jeff was gonna end up facing whoever has been attacking him at mania.

but about jeffs reign. i wish it could have been longer. i wish he could have won it at summerslam or something while we were having that borefest of a feud with triple h and kahli. plus we could have actually seen him as a champion and not barely on the shows each week and when he is on pyro hits him. i think overall he was on 2 SD after he won the title. not counting the pyro thing.

and idk if this will be for sure but for me if he does win it back it willprobably just mean less now. of course im assuming how i will feel.