Author Topic: [SPOILER] Smackdown Taping Results 16/1  (Read 360 times)

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
[SPOILER] Smackdown Taping Results 16/1
« on: 14 January 2009, 10:41:33 AM »
Source: PWInsider.com

Dark Match:

* Kung Fu Naki b. Ryan Braddock
- Typical slow dark match.  Fu Naki gets the win a kick.

SmackDown: (Airing This Friday)
* SmackDown opens with Triple H & Vickie Guerrero.

* Matt Hardy & Finlay b. Jack Swagger & Mark Henry
- Hardy got the win via pinfall on Jack Swagger after hitting Twist of Fate.  

* R-Truth b. The Brian Kendrick
- R-Truth gets a big pop.  After the match Ezekiel Jackson attacks Truth.  

* MVP b. The Big Show
- MVP got the win after Triple H hit Big Show with a sledgehammer.  

* Michelle McCool b. Victoria
- After the match Victoria announces her retirement from WWE.

* The Cutting Edge is up next. Edge invites out Jeff Hardy. As he enters his pyro blows up in his face and he is stretchered out (obviously a work). This ends this week

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2009, 03:01:33 PM »
Seems kind of weird that they had an All-ECW match on Smackdown. Either way looks like a good show. WWE is on a roll this week, hopefully they can keep it going into the Rumble and beyond.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2009, 04:15:13 PM »
Good they let her say goodbye, but not even let her win her last match. Geez that sucks WWE :(

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 19 January 2009, 10:54:32 AM »
Horrible Smackdown, I was looking forward to the cutting edge but no there was no promo just a pyro and Jeff is yet again injured. Lame.
MVP losing his streak would be cool if he had done it without the help of Triple H.
Victoria losing her last match is ludicrous, she is still one of the best female wrestlers in the business as far as I'm concerned.
And I'm not sure about anyone else but these days a Smackdown without Shelton Benjamin just does not seem right.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 20 January 2009, 07:08:22 PM »
I thought it was an alright Smackdown, didn't mind sitting through watching it. MVP match was pretty good stuff, Big Show's been in some decent matches lately, Brian Kendrick match and tag match was alright, and the diva's one was the best I've seen in a while. None of the big guns were in a match and barely made much of an appearance, which shows the show can still hold it's ground without them. I liked how MVP was getting a lot of support from the crowd, but i think they should have let him lose, but in a way where he should have won. Would have been better to build up his face turn.

Offline Dale

« Reply #5 on: 20 January 2009, 07:39:56 PM »
I agree with you about it being a pretty decent SmackDown as I enjoyed it for the most part.

I love the whole Kendrick / Ezekiel relationship and is probably one of my favourite things happening in the E right now. Not sure what's destined for them, look's like the tag titles which isn't too bad.

The divas match was really good and it just shows you how much the WWE missed the ball with Victoria. She carried McCrap throughout the whole match, it was like seeing the Victoria of old which is sad considering it was her last match.

The Main Event, although very good, pissed me off a little. What is with having this over emphasis on trying to screw Triple H to the point where we see 2 Last Man Standing matches in consecutive weeks? I don't mind them throwing these hurdles at Triple H to overcome, but the fact is they are being overdone. Last week where he had to have 3 matches was just stupidly excessive and a LMS match against The Big Show should surely be a big enough hurdle, but he obviously didn't want to flat out lose, thus squashing 3 guys prior to it.
This week, his Royal Rumble spot is at stake, I have no problem with that so they put his fate in the hands of MVP against Big Show, again no problems there. But why oh why did they have to make it a frigging last man standing match again? MVP hadn't won in what, 5 months so surely facing Big Show in just a normal frigging match would have been suffice?