Author Topic: X-Division title declared vacant, tournament announced.  (Read 310 times)

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
X-Division title declared vacant, tournament announced.
« on: 8 December 2008, 04:32:08 AM »
Just minutes after the "Final Resolution" Pay-Per-View event, TNA Management Director Jim Cornette informed TNAwrestling.com that as a result of the controversial outcome of the X Division Championship bout between Eric Young and Sheik Abdul Bashir involving referee Shane Sewell, the title is declared vacant and being held up!

Cornette also revealed that an 8-man tournament will begin this Thursday night on SpikeTV to determine a new champion, with the finals to take place at the "Genesis" Pay-Per-View on Sunday, January 11! The tournament bouts are below:

- Quarterfinal #1: Eric Young vs. Sheik Abdul Bashir (PPV rematch, taking place this Thursday night)

- Quarterfinal #2: Alex Shelley vs. "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal (Also this Thursday night)

- Quarterfinal #3: Chris Sabin vs. "The Guru" Sonjay Dutt (December 18)

- Quarterfinal #4: Consequences Creed vs. Japanese newcomer Akira Raijin (December 18)

Tune in this Thursday night on "iMPACT!" on SpikeTV to witness the start of the X Division Championship Tournament!

If Eric Young doesn't win, I'm going to go nuts. - The man has 'won' the championship TWICE now and both times it's been taken away from him. I'm sick of it and want to see X-Division gold around his waist full time.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: 8 December 2008, 04:34:58 PM »
Quote from: AngryCaz;19238
If Eric Young doesn't win, I'm going to go nuts. - The man has 'won' the championship TWICE now and both times it's been taken away from him. I'm sick of it and want to see X-Division gold around his waist full time.

Same here - I don't see why they were focusing on it as a good reason for abuse of a referee position, since I remember frequently in the WWE Earl Hebner would do that kick when the ropes were held onto like that and it was never seen as abuse.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 8 December 2008, 06:32:31 PM »
Just give him the ****ing title already! No one deserves this more than Eric Young, this screwing him over still is pissing me off and I don't even watch TNA lol.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 8 December 2008, 07:21:33 PM »
The whole screwing him over is kind of the point. they want to build it up before he officially wins the title and now going through a tourny will make it even more great when he wins it.

Personally im rooting for sonjay dutt. the guys busted his ass last night i that feast or fired match and looked very impressive. then the guy had to do that damn angle with him and lethal that TNA ****ed up and he has never been a champion in TNA i don't think. the guys deserves to win the x division title and the thing is he probably wrestles more of the x division style than anyone in TNA.

Round 1 predictions

EY over Bashir
Lethal over Shelley
Sonjay over Sabin
Rajin over creed,

I love the idea of the tourny though. mainly because i love tournaments and i love the x division. and this one seems less predictable than the IC title Tournament. although i do see EY winning this in the end.