Author Topic: Plaxico Burress Accidentally Shot  (Read 387 times)

Offline The Fallen

Plaxico Burress Accidentally Shot
« on: 2 December 2008, 02:07:24 AM »
Quote from: SI.com
New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress suffered an accidental gunshot wound Friday night in a club, according to multiple sources.

Fox Sports.com and the New York Daily News reported that Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg and spent the night in the hospital.

Details of the incident weren't immediately available, but according to a source the wound was not considered life-threatening.

Burress, who was not expected to play against the Washington Redskins on Sunday because of a hamstring injury, was not at team meetings and did not attend the team's Saturday walkthrough.

The Giants organization was not commenting on the story.

"I don't have anything for you at this stage," Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon told The Associated Press from Giants Stadium.

Phones calls to Burress' home and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, were not immediately returned, the AP reported.

In September, Burress was suspended for a game and fined $117,500 for a violation of team rules, reportedly failing to appear at a team meeting and failing to notify the team of his absence. At the time, Rosenhaus said that Burress was tending to urgent family matters.

He also was fined $45,000 by the NFL for his conduct during a game against 49ers in October when he abused an official and tossed a ball into the stands .

Burress signed a five-year, $35 million contract this fall after helping the Giants to a Super Bowl championship last season.

It happened a few days ago. The guy must be ****ing retarded.. I mean you have to be stupid to shoot yourself. You get a gun to protect yourself, instead you accidentally shoot yourself.....

And then you have people complaining about Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson... Well, at least they're not stupid enough to bring a gun into a nightclub, let alone shoot themselves.

It's a shame, Plax is a good player and his money might go straight down the drain. Not to mention the fact he may be going to jail... Who ever thought you'd go to jail for shooting yourself? Every time I hear about this story - I laugh.

And on top of all of this.... He was in New York, a couple blocks from NFL headquarters, also where weapon charges are the most severe in the country [or so I hear]. He also may take another teammate down with him, Antonio Pierce, who was there when it happened. Then he checks into the hospital under a different name. The club nor the hospital reported the gunshot...

I know he'll get out of it, because anybody with money can get out of basically anything.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #1 on: 3 December 2008, 11:37:00 PM »
Rofl what a fail.

Maybe he bought an emo gun

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #2 on: 6 December 2008, 12:53:10 PM »
Quote from: The Fallen;18859

I know he'll get out of it, because anybody with money can get out of basically anything.

Mike Vick would disagree. :mdr:
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.