Author Topic: Fernando Torres  (Read 699 times)

Offline Big-T

Fernando Torres
« on: 27 November 2008, 11:56:37 PM »
Alright so now i'm starting to get worried about him, hes picked up 3 injuries in the last 1-2 months and now hes out for another 2-3 weeks, it it that we've been playing him too early? Is he getting too injury prone or is it bad luck?
I hope he does come back and not become the next Harry Kewell, Torres has too much talent to waste. And i'm pretty sure they've all ben Hamstring injuries.

Offline Mr Kenny!

Fernando Torres
« Reply #1 on: 28 November 2008, 03:37:16 PM »
Yeah they've all been Hamstring injuries
And yes Rafa has been playing him too much too soon hes been played in games that to be honest we dont need him to play in
Made by me!!

Offline Pala!

Fernando Torres
« Reply #2 on: 28 November 2008, 07:25:25 PM »
It was a stupid move from Rafa to play Torres, and the really stupid thing was that he played him in really non-important matches. [Carling-Cup/ Champion League as Pool only needed a point.] Also why risk him when you have good strikers?

Robbie Keane; Right is isn't playing the best but he is still a very good striker. He scored a couple of goals for Liverpool but he isn't been played consistantly to get on a run of goals. Example: He scores his first, then subbed and put on the bench the next match. The scored two in the Premierleague and then subbed again. Why? It can't be good for confidence.

Dirk Kuyt: Has been scoring lots of goals, he can easily play with Keane up front or on his own. Is in great form at the moment. Liverpool have a couple of players who can play on the right.

Ryan Babel: He's a good player and forward is his right position. Play him.

Three strikers, not to mention more.

Offline Mr Kenny!

Fernando Torres
« Reply #3 on: 28 November 2008, 08:32:14 PM »
Quote from: Pala!;18755
It was a stupid move from Rafa to play Torres, and the really stupid thing was that he played him in really non-important matches. [Carling-Cup/ Champion League as Pool only needed a point.] Also why risk him when you have good strikers?

Robbie Keane; Right is isn't playing the best but he is still a very good striker. He scored a couple of goals for Liverpool but he isn't been played consistantly to get on a run of goals. Example: He scores his first, then subbed and put on the bench the next match. The scored two in the Premierleague and then subbed again. Why? It can't be good for confidence.

Dirk Kuyt: Has been scoring lots of goals, he can easily play with Keane up front or on his own. Is in great form at the moment. Liverpool have a couple of players who can play on the right.

Ryan Babel: He's a good player and forward is his right position. Play him.

Three strikers, not to mention more.

I agree with almost everything you said apart from Keane not getting played Consistently the Marseille game was the first game in months he hasn't started and to be honest he hasnt done much since the West Brom game
He was great against West Brom but after that he wasnt good at all
 I really hope he starts on Monday night against West Ham and plays ****ing brillianty then keeps up the scoring because thats been his problem he scores in one game and is shit in the next
Made by me!!

Offline Pala!

Fernando Torres
« Reply #4 on: 29 November 2008, 12:16:34 AM »
Yeahj, I agree that he hasn't been doing much but still. But if you think about it, the majority of times he plays he would be thinking to himself that he would be taken off even if he scores. I dont know about you but if that happened to me I would be pissed off and have low confidence.

Offline Big-T

Fernando Torres
« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2008, 08:30:42 AM »
Yeah i see both of your points about Torres. Torres was subbed on for the West Brom game when Keane had 2 goals, i didnt know what Rafa was doing then.
Off-topic, what do you guys think of new boy Reira? Personally i think hes great and that his skills are superb and  not to mentione great pace. Hes exactly what we needed, a real wide player.

Offline Pala!

Fernando Torres
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2008, 11:28:51 AM »
I really like Reira, my only problem with him is that he is sometimes a bit hungry with the ball and doesn't pass it. But he's doing good so ah well.

He has great control on the ball, anytime I see him playing its like the ball just sticks to his feet.

Offline Mr Kenny!

Fernando Torres
« Reply #7 on: 30 November 2008, 06:04:22 PM »
Yeah he has been brilliant since he signed for us
Not bad for 5-6 million either
He is brilliant at running with the ball at his feet
Great signing By Rafa
Made by me!!