Author Topic: ecw title losses its cred  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
ecw title losses its cred
« Reply #15 on: 20 June 2008, 09:25:37 PM »
New ECW and old ECW are essencially the same exact thing. The only difference is the hardcore aspect has been toned down greatly. Think about it. Old ECW made new starts and introduced the main stream to new wrestling styles. CM Punk, Elijah Burke, and Kofi Kingston anyone?

And i like Douglas. He was a really good heel but other than that he is almost worthless. If you can get the crowd to hate you in ECW you have to be one of the best heels in your time period. Good backstage interviewer though. He had that going for om him TNA.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #16 on: 20 June 2008, 09:28:17 PM »
I pretty much agree with Leo. It's a watered down version of the old ECW. i mean people will deny it because they're ECW marks and don't want to admit it. But ECW has turned out to be the best show amongst the three in WWE pound for pound. The best pure wrestling talent, some of the best stories, and entertaining beginning to end.

Frankly, I think it's because they only have an hour. They don't have time for stupid crap.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #17 on: 20 June 2008, 10:31:50 PM »
The new ECW is like AAA baseball and FCW is AA.. Plain and simple the only reason "young stars" are there is because there too good to be in FCW and not quite there to get on RAW yet.

I mean look at ECW. It has some older veterans who are in the twilight of there career like Dreamer,Kane, Chavo,Show,Nunzio, Richards etc etc etc and then young and up an comers like Punk,Bourne,Kofi,Burke etc etc.. That is like AAA baseball. Alot of younger guys waiting to get the shot at the big time and then there are veterans who are there still collecting a pay check and will go back to the big time if needed and why there in AAA they will mentor the younger guys in the business.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline enigmar

« Reply #18 on: 21 June 2008, 11:04:54 PM »
Kane Deserves the title, its his second world title reign, I do agree that the title is looking lackluster compared to other world titles and the reason that it is is because of the fact that there is no mid card in ECW, everyone can contest for the world title which IMO is wrong, there needs to be a middle ground due to guys such as Kofi Kingston who need to elevate need a title to carry but aren't world title contenders yet...

The Only way to get the brand elevated is to scrap the Smackdown relationship and give ECW is mid card title that will hopefully bring the title back to its status it deserves IMO the TNA title is less credible then the ECW title, with TNA either highering Ex wwe guys or ripping off former WWE gimmicks so whomever says that ECW hasnt got a credible champ needs to wake up and smell the brimstone

KANE = WORKER

Offline enigmar

« Reply #19 on: 21 June 2008, 11:06:54 PM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;1287
The new ECW is like AAA baseball and FCW is AA.. Plain and simple the only reason "young stars" are there is because there too good to be in FCW and not quite there to get on RAW yet.

I mean look at ECW. It has some older veterans who are in the twilight of there career like Dreamer,Kane, Chavo,Show,Nunzio, Richards etc etc etc and then young and up an comers like Punk,Bourne,Kofi,Burke etc etc.. That is like AAA baseball. Alot of younger guys waiting to get the shot at the big time and then there are veterans who are there still collecting a pay check and will go back to the big time if needed and why there in AAA they will mentor the younger guys in the business.

Agreed Stop Compraing WWEECW to old, the format is there but its not hardcore anymore, its doing what the old ECW did and thats elevate stars to the Two major entites in sport which where WCW and WWE and are now RAW AND SMACKDOWN

Dont hate, agree with cannon!!!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #20 on: 22 June 2008, 12:45:07 AM »
Quote from: enigmar;1343
Kane Deserves the title, its his second world title reign, I do agree that the title is looking lackluster compared to other world titles and the reason that it is is because of the fact that there is no mid card in ECW, everyone can contest for the world title which IMO is wrong, there needs to be a middle ground due to guys such as Kofi Kingston who need to elevate need a title to carry but aren't world title contenders yet...

The Only way to get the brand elevated is to scrap the Smackdown relationship and give ECW is mid card title that will hopefully bring the title back to its status it deserves IMO the TNA title is less credible then the ECW title, with TNA either highering Ex wwe guys or ripping off former WWE gimmicks so whomever says that ECW hasnt got a credible champ needs to wake up and smell the brimstone

KANE = WORKER

Ya but 2 singles titles on a one hour show is too much. You won't have time to get anyone else over. You need 2 main event segments as it is (which a lot of the time don't even include Kane on ECW), then you'd need at least one segment for the midcard title, unless you extend to a second hour there really isn't any time for a midcard title on SD in my opinion.  But it would work if they brought in another title and had it contested on both ECW and SD maybe.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #21 on: 22 June 2008, 07:18:56 AM »
Quote from: Prax;1364
Ya but 2 singles titles on a one hour show is too much. You won't have time to get anyone else over. You need 2 main event segments as it is (which a lot of the time don't even include Kane on ECW), then you'd need at least one segment for the midcard title, unless you extend to a second hour there really isn't any time for a midcard title on SD in my opinion.  But it would work if they brought in another title and had it contested on both ECW and SD maybe.

I don't think so.. Just don't defend the ECW World Title every freaking week... Make a TV title which HAS to be offended every week. Give it so someone like Kofi,Bourne or The Miz.. Build up the younger guys and put on good 5 or 10 minute matches. It would be a fun concept...

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #22 on: 23 June 2008, 01:04:09 PM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;1378
I don't think so.. Just don't defend the ECW World Title every freaking week... Make a TV title which HAS to be offended every week. Give it so someone like Kofi,Bourne or The Miz.. Build up the younger guys and put on good 5 or 10 minute matches. It would be a fun concept...

I thought I was the only one who thought that ECW needs a secondary title. This is why I think that it is a bad idea to add another women's title. If there is a brand that desperatley needs an extra title than it is ECW.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline squeaksjr

« Reply #23 on: 23 June 2008, 02:00:48 PM »
yeah the ecw needs the tv title and maybie tag titles but then again the show isnt long so they wouldnt have time to showcase them
Frreebirds runnin wild and free, you never gonna put a set of chains on me
freebirds gonna take you all down, but you\'ll never find your way out of freebird town

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #24 on: 25 June 2008, 05:44:33 AM »
I just think it's overkill for an hour long show that already has SD titles defended on it.

SD and RAW have trouble keeping 2 singles titles legitimate on their shows and they have one more hour than ECW does.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #25 on: 25 June 2008, 10:43:37 PM »
ECW loses cred. I'm sorry but your very late. This happened when RVD dropped the belt.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #26 on: 25 June 2008, 11:52:04 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise;2719
ECW loses cred. I'm sorry but your very late. This happened when RVD dropped the belt.

Did you know that PWI doesn't even consider the new ECW title to have world title status? It's sad... but it's the new ECW, what can you do. At least the last couple of champs have been legitime, in fact all of them have been legitimate IMO, just on a different level

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #27 on: 25 June 2008, 11:53:02 PM »
Quote from: Prax;2738
Did you know that PWI doesn't even consider the new ECW title to have world title status?

Nope I did not know that but I agree 100% with it.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #28 on: 26 June 2008, 12:20:52 AM »
But the thing is at least for like 6 months now, it's been clear to me and it should be clear to everyone that ECW is not considered a main show but a training ground for new talent. That championship is the new OVW championship to a certain degree.

A mix of new talent and older talent that can't get a break on one of the top two shows so they go to ECW to help younger guys and get their runs that they deserve.

it's the case with Chavo, and now with Kane. That title elevated Morrison and CM Punk to a higher level and it will hopefully do so for some more talent in the future.

It isn't a "world title" per say anymore, but there isn't anything wrong with that.