Author Topic: The "Future Endeavors" Thread  (Read 17715 times)

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
Re: The "Future Endeavors" Thread
« Reply #30 on: 10 January 2009, 12:05:17 AM »
Could this day suck anymore... The released Val now. That is horseshit......

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Dale

« Reply #31 on: 10 January 2009, 12:20:40 AM »
The thing is, with Superstars coming back, I thought he would have been used on that show as it's not going to be replay show like Velocity etc. He could of worked on the show with some of the younger guys and given them a good rub. If I remember correctly, Punk had nothing but high praise for Val and was thankful for being able to face off against him in his WWE tryout match.

As reported this afternoon, WWE released Bam Neely (Justin LaRouche). He was recently sent back down to WWE's developmental promotion as the company did not have a spot for him on the main roster. There was some heat on Neely after he missed catching Evan Bourne in a high spot several weeks ago on an episode of ECW. Bourne landed on his right ankle and dislocated it as a result. From that injury, Bourne also suffered a torn deltoid ligament. Neely had been with the company for quite some time, which included a stint as Ohio Valley Wrestling Southern Tag Team champion with Charles "The Hammer" Evans (who was also let go this past August). He was brought up to the main roster last spring as the bodyguard of Chavo Guerrero and given the name "Bam Neely" name as a takeoff of NHL star Cam Neely.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #32 on: 10 January 2009, 12:31:01 AM »
Former ECW Star Kevin Thorn has been released by WWE. The plan was for him to be apart of the Vade Hansen stable/angle that was canceled.

Been a long time coming... He has been up and down since signed to WWE and has never taken off. If you ask me he should have been released a year ago. Now it is a offcial and no more Thorn.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #33 on: 10 January 2009, 12:36:00 AM »
Some of these are shockers. Korderas for one (but WWE seems to be going towards younger refs lately). Val Venis for sure, no reason for that considering all the work he does backstage. D'Lo was a no brainer... he hasn't done anything in months but it sucks.

Hopefully there's not much more to come.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #34 on: 14 January 2009, 04:48:22 AM »
PWInsider.com is reporting that both Sgt. Slaughter and Ron Simmons, aka Farooq, have been released by WWE. More details on these two firings as they become available.

Man, both these guys have been with the company for a long time.. Slaughter has been there for atleast 20+ years in some way shape or form and Ron Simmons has been there the last 10 years.... All I can is.....DAMN!

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #35 on: 14 January 2009, 03:02:19 PM »
No pun intended but... Damn... maybe they'll re-sign them to legends deals?

Offline bele_nine

« Reply #36 on: 14 January 2009, 08:19:24 PM »
niether men are really a big loss to the company tho to be fair.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #37 on: 14 January 2009, 08:42:42 PM »
Quote from: bele_nine;21486
niether men are really a big loss to the company tho to be fair.

It is easy to say that as an outsider looking in. I mean there is a variety of things they could have done that we know nothing about. As for legends deals I believe Salughter could have already been under one and I am sure Ron Simmons will get one.. Hell, I bet JBL gave Ron some good stock tips over the years.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Dale

« Reply #38 on: 16 January 2009, 02:16:33 AM »
Tid bits that have emerged over the last few days

source: PWInsider.com

WWE has released British developmental wrestler Hade Vansen.
source: PWInsider.com

-- Matt Cappotelli has been released from his WWE contract. Cappotelli was the co-winner of Tough Enough III alongside John Hennigan (a.k.a. current WWE Superstar "John Morrison"). Cappotelli was developing his talent further in the WWE development territory Ohio Valley Wrestling, but was diagnosed with a brain tumor in December 2005, forcing him to step away from wrestling and relinquish his OVW Championship. The tumor was removed in May 2007 and he had hoped to return to the ring at some point.
-- In a separate note, PWInsider.com has also confirmed the release of referee Mickie Henson.
- WWE laid off a number of staff members working on the company

Offline Dale

« Reply #39 on: 17 January 2009, 02:19:23 AM »
Hardcore Holly released
Written: January 16, 2009

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Bob "Hardcore" Holly as of today, January 16. WWE wishes Bob the best in all future endeavors.

Been quite a long time coming :huh

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #40 on: 17 January 2009, 02:58:13 AM »
I liked Bob Holly :(. But he got a courtesy run so it was inevitable. Did they ever do anything with him after Cody turned on him? :P

Offline Captain Carefree

• LARIATOOO!
« Reply #41 on: 17 January 2009, 04:45:23 AM »
Thank God! It took them too long the release him. The man has no charisma, isnt that good a worker and a complete asshole. Good Riddence.

[/U]

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #42 on: 17 January 2009, 05:17:47 AM »
I was never really into Hardcore Holly. He lacked charisma and really didn't have many options for the bookers to use him well. He wasn't too over with the crowd and wasn't the best of all wrestlers out. Like everyone else has said, this has been a long time coming.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #43 on: 17 January 2009, 08:43:27 AM »
I guess it was the best time for him to go, dropping the tag belt was the last thing he done, and that was quite a good achievement considering he would have been put on ECW otherwise.

Offline bele_nine

« Reply #44 on: 18 January 2009, 04:00:56 PM »
since he hasnt been on TV since he lost the tag title this isnt a suprise at all, the WWE dont need him on TV anymore so they didnt need to keep him.