Author Topic: Will Jeff Hardy ever get a world title run?  (Read 403 times)

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Will Jeff Hardy ever get a world title run?
« on: 26 October 2008, 12:57:45 AM »
So the title speaks for itself. Will Jeff Hardy ever get a world title run? Seriously though how many chances  can he get to win the title before people just don't care anymore? I think the perfect time for him to win it would have been at Unforgiven. I would say that Cyber Sunday is his last chance to but Cyber Sunday is not the type of PPV where you will see him win it because when he does, whether you like him or not, it's going to be a huge deal and I don't think the WWE is going to do something big like that at the least popular PPV of the year. I say the next time he gets a title shot after Cyber Sunday will be his last  chance.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #1 on: 26 October 2008, 01:08:52 AM »
you took the words out of my mouth shanti. i think they have made him get so close to many times and if they don't pull the trigger it won't mean AS MUCH if he wins the belt. i think he should have won the elimanation chamber at NWO. that was when he was hotter than ever. i also thought it would be great for him to win at unforgiven. but oh well. they don't wanna pull the trigger because he has 2 strikes, i say just get the 3rd strike and rehire him all over again so he can get 3 more.lol.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2008, 07:47:43 AM »
I think he's going to hold the championship at some point, I just don't think it'll end up being what people have built themselves up to expect for his 'big' championship reign. - He'll probably hold the belt for a few months before losing it and being bumped down from the main event scene, much like CM Punk. - I like Jeff Hardy and wouldn't mind seeing him win the belt, but I don't think he'll have the reign everybody wants him too.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2008, 03:06:11 PM »
Jeff should have won the title the day he came back from his suspension. He's too popular to hold back. WWE is retarded for not giving him a reign already and Triple H is starting to really get on my nerves. He's a selfish ****. If he doesn't drop the title at Survivor Series I might stop watching Smackdown altogether.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #4 on: 17 November 2008, 03:15:19 PM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;18378
Jeff should have won the title the day he came back from his suspension. He's too popular to hold back. WWE is retarded for not giving him a reign already and Triple H is starting to really get on my nerves. He's a selfish ****. If he doesn't drop the title at Survivor Series I might stop watching Smackdown altogether.

Same here. If there is a perfect time for him to drop the title then it's at survivor series and if he doesn't, I'm going to  be uber pissed.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 17 November 2008, 03:25:23 PM »
Ya, for a while I understood Trips having the title, he is a big star, but it's getting to the point of ridiculousness. Why does Jericho have to drop his title to Batista for a week just to satisfy him, and Triple H hold on to his for such a long time for no reason? I mean, they're acting like there's no one on SD who could have as good or better of a reign as Triple H. When in reality I could name several.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 18 November 2008, 08:08:44 AM »
i didn't think i would say this but i actually think kozlov is the right man to be the champion right now. i think he isn't as boring as he once was to me.

as for hardy i don't see him winning the title anytime soon. maybe he will win it at mania though....im not sure. but i think either triple h or kozlov will win the survivor series match (im assuming jeff will be added) then triple h vs kozlov one on one will finally happen at Armageddon.

now to stop watching smackdown altogether sounds a bit extreme to me. i have been hating triple h being champ and been bored with him for a very long time now and even bored with the taker/show feud. but even with that said smackdown has been my favorite show fromthe WWE since the draft and especially in the past couple of months.

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #7 on: 18 November 2008, 07:36:16 PM »
I think it all depends on who he takes it from.  I can't see him taking the title off the likes of Triple H or Undertaker but I could easily see him being put over Edge.  Jeff has too much of a following to just let him get close but no cigar all the time.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #8 on: 18 November 2008, 08:48:53 PM »
Jeff Hardy is one of the best on Smackdown and is arguably the most popular but you can understand why the WWE is reluctant to give him the WWE championship, he has 2 strikes against him. I think the WWE is giving him a title contender push to see how he stacks up in the main event and whether or not he can handle the pressure. I still think the WWE need to get a good estimation of Jeff's commitments and if they believe he'll re-offended or not.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #9 on: 18 November 2008, 09:45:51 PM »
They should build someone else up. I'm thinking MVP might get a chance soon, if they continued the storyline with him constantly losing, then winning the belt, i think it would come as a bit of a shock. I honestly don't know why Triple H still has the belt. The thing is, he gets cheered, but not because people like him (at least i don't think so anyway), but because he's been pushed to be a legend, despite not being one imo. I just wish he would play a role like Michaels or Taker, who still maintain their position, but don't need to hold/challenge for the belt to show it.

Jeff Hardy is the wrong person to hold the belt. I know he has a huge following, but i still think he doesn't quite look like a main eventer yet, plus as said, he needs to be judged on his commitment.