Author Topic: Vladimir Kozlov  (Read 405 times)

Offline Dale

Vladimir Kozlov
« on: 21 September 2008, 02:57:46 AM »
What are peoples thoughts on 'The Moscow Mauler'

When he first debuted even though he had a slight edge to him, I thought he was your typical generic WWE big-guy but recently i've warmed to him and even started to enjoy him. I enjoy his wrestling style too as it's rather unique what with the headbutt and all :P

If he isn't already over as a dominating heel then I think he could be after this weeks SmackDown when I personally see him beating Khali as it all looks set up to be that way. Once No Mercy is out of the way and HHH inevitably retains (N) I wan't to see the pair feud as I believe it will help Kozlov to progress by being in a proper feud and not squash matches week in week out.

I wonder how close he is to the WWE title though as I recently read reports that management are pretty high on him and having him beat down the #1 Contender and the WWE Champion certainly suggests he could be close.

Kozlov for WWE Champion :D

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
Vladimir Kozlov
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2008, 07:13:05 AM »
Kozlov sucks... His angle would have worked in the ****ing Cold War era. It is 2008 and people hate Arabs not Russians

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Vladimir Kozlov
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2008, 09:56:00 AM »
I have tried to warm up to him i really have but the guy bores me to death and im not a fan of his style, the only thing i could really say i like about him is his image that is behind him when he comes out.

a feud between triple h and him would have me bored out of my mind probably almost as bad as triple h vs kahli.

Offline enigmar

Vladimir Kozlov
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2008, 04:24:09 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;16898
I have tried to warm up to him i really have but the guy bores me to death and im not a fan of his style, the only thing i could really say i like about him is his image that is behind him when he comes out.

a feud between triple h and him would have me bored out of my mind probably almost as bad as triple h vs kahli.

Welll IMO Koslov reminds me of Ludvig Borga (if anyone remembers), who back in the early 90's was being groomed for the exact same title contention position, He seems like the type who could carry a pretty intense feud with someone like the game and has been working over jobbers too much recently.

More or less the guy will get his shot but the championship?, Nope dont think so

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Vladimir Kozlov
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2008, 09:13:34 PM »
I don't know about you guys but I don't mind Kozlov still. I've been in and out of SD lately but I thnk they've done a good job of building him up and he gets good heat. I still have yet to see what he can do in a main event caliber match up though, so we'll see about that.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Ms H.B.K.

Vladimir Kozlov
« Reply #5 on: 22 October 2008, 09:17:59 PM »
I'm not sure. I'm put in mind of Lesnar, but only as I've not seen him do anything but turn up and flatten people, rather than wrestle yet.
Nothing outstanding of note. (I have actually been watching SD every week for about 2 months, shock horror!!!)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Vladimir Kozlov
« Reply #6 on: 22 October 2008, 10:19:16 PM »
I'm still waiting on him to grow on me like he has others.i agree that they are building him up good though makes me wish they would build guys like that that i actually like.

Offline Rated Punishment

Vladimir Kozlov
« Reply #7 on: 23 October 2008, 12:38:12 AM »
He hasn't been around long enough for me to like or hate him right now, though I will say that it's been a long time since a shooter gimmick was used in the WWE....I'm liking it. I just wish that they used KO finishes more.
Just when you think you have won, you wake up in hospital.
Forum Veteran
Always makes an Impact