Author Topic: Smackdown's MyNetworkTV Debut Discussion thread *Spoilers*  (Read 380 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Smackdown's MyNetworkTV Debut Discussion thread *Spoilers*
« on: 16 September 2008, 03:56:15 PM »
It was announced on Raw tonight that a champion vs. champion match would be taking place on the debut of SmackDown on myNetworkTV on Friday, October 3. The main event will feature WWE World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho vs. ECW World Heavyweight Champion Matt Hardy vs. WWE Champion Triple H in a three-way bout. WWE is billing the show as an "All Star Kick-off."

From WZ.

That's a huge match! And if they're going to make this big of a deal for this show I figured it deserved its own discussion thread already. You know it'll probably end with interference or some sort of screwjob but it doesn't matter. Matt gets some main event time and that's hopefully just going to be a good match before a shit ending.

Dale told me they're going to be doing the same with Beth and Michelle, and I'm guessing we might see a few more interpromotional matches.

It's really nice to see WWE making a big deal out of this, kind of like the Homecoming for RAW on the USA network a few years ago.

Really excited for this show, and hopefully it will built well into a good looking card at No Mercy.

Does anyone know if it's live?

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #1 on: 16 September 2008, 04:04:53 PM »
I don't know if its live but it seems like it has the feel of a live show or one of those big events like you said.

I'm guessing Jericho will get the win in this with lance cade helping him in the end. if not him triple h will win....sigh. personally i would love to see matt hardy win. not only would it be huge for him but it would boost the pressents of the ECW title and ECW in general. not to mention it would go good with his thing of wanting to be the best ECW champ in ECW history.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2008, 04:10:05 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;16554
I don't know if its live but it seems like it has the feel of a live show or one of those big events like you said.

I'm guessing Jericho will get the win in this with lance cade helping him in the end. if not him triple h will win....sigh. personally i would love to see matt hardy win. not only would it be huge for him but it would boost the pressents of the ECW title and ECW in general. not to mention it would go good with his thing of wanting to be the best ECW champ in ECW history.

You wanna make ECW look legitimate and on the same playing field as RAW and SD? Then you're right, they should do that. Give Matt the win.

But unfortunately with Triple H facing Hardy and Y2J facing HBK both those guys need to look strong.

My prediction: A good 20 minute match that ends with Jeff, Mark Henry and HBK getting involved.

Now that I think about it though, how good does this match sound:

HBK and HHH vs. Y2J and Henry vs. Matt and Jeff

I just marked.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2008, 04:57:20 PM »
I didn't mark.... The match involves Mark Henry.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #4 on: 16 September 2008, 05:05:20 PM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;16549

Dale told me they're going to be doing the same with Beth and Michelle, and I'm guessing we might see a few more interpromotional matches.

I'm going to enjoy watching this for obvious reasons :P. But I would rather see Beth and Natalya vs Michelle and Candice, but that's only because I want to see Natalya and Beth tag team lol.

Show sounds interesting. I might tune into it.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Dale

« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2008, 03:43:24 PM »
SmackDown debuts on the network on October 3rd and will be headlined by WWE Champion HHH vs. ECW Champion Matt Hardy vs. World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho.

WWE has confirmed that every match on the debut show will be a

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 17 September 2008, 05:11:55 PM »
So basically...

Matt Hardy vs. Triple H vs. Chris Jericho
Shelton Benjamin vs. Santino Marella
Hawkins & Ryder vs. Priceless
Beth vs. Michelle

Sounds pretty good, i hope they have a couple other matches though.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 17 September 2008, 07:06:37 PM »
I really don't see how the priceless vs hawkins and ryder and shelton vs santino will work beings they are heel vs heel and heels usually aren't the ones you wanting to showcase in big shows especially when you're moving to a new network.