Author Topic: Smackdown *Spoilers* 12/9/08  (Read 442 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Smackdown *Spoilers* 12/9/08
« on: 10 September 2008, 04:29:28 PM »
Dark Match:

* D'Lo Brown b. Nic "The Natural" Nemeth
- Brown got the win via pinfall after hitting his "low down" finisher.

SmackDown: (Airing Friday)
* Triple H comes out to open the show. He says that everyone should buy the Unforgiven DVD because he is getting residuals. Jeff Hardy comes out to interrupt. They both agree they respect each other. Triple H gives Jeff a hard time. They continue to go back and forth for a while.

* Maria, Michelle McCool, Brie Bella  b. Victoria, Natalya, Maryse
- Standard diva match. The live crowd wasn't into it at all.

* A fatal four way match is announced for later tonight and the winner will face Triple H for the WWE Championship at No Mercy. Jeff Hardy, MVP, Brian Kendrick, and Shelton Benjamin are the participants.

* R-Truth b. Chavo Guerrero
- Truth gets the win after interference from Bam Neely.  Bam attacks Chavo.  Truth takes them both out.  

After the match R-Truth gets a huge pop.  The live crowd loves his new theme music.

* Festus vs. Kenny Dykstra
- Jesse helps Festus wrap Kenny in bubble wrap. They put him on a moving dolly and duct tape his mouth. They then wheel him out.

* A video of The Undertaker and Big Show from Unforgiven is shown.

* Vickie comes out to a tremendous amount of heat. She brings out Big Show and says that he took out The Undertaker at Unforgiven because Undertaker does not follow the rules. Vickie explains that it is a power alliance with her and Show and the alliance will lead to Big Show being the WWE Champion.

* Vladamir Kozlov b. Scotty Goldman & Funaki in a squash match. Vladamir says that he wants a challenge and if no one will give it to him, he'll find on himself.

* Triple H is shown stirring up trouble with the Fatal Four Way participants for later tonight. For those that missed it earlier in the spoilers, there will be a Fatal Four Way match later tonight with the winner facing Triple H at No Mercy for the WWE Championship. The participants are Jeff Hardy, MVP, Brian Kendrick, and Shelton Benjamin.

* Carlito & Primo Colon b. WWE Tag Team Champions Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins in a non-title match. Carlito worked the majority of the match.

* Jeff Hardy, MVP, Brian Kendrick, and Shelton Benjamin in a fatal Four Way is up next. The winner will face Triple H for the WWE Championship at No Mercy.

* Jeff Hardy b. MVP, Brian Kendrick, and Shelton Benjamin
- Kendrick stays on the outside most of the match and draws lots of heat. Hardy continues to get thrown out of the ring repeatedly. MVP vs. Shelton most of the match. Jeff Hardy regains strength and hits a Swanton Bomb on Kendrick and Shelton. He gets the win via pinfall.

After the match Vladimir Kozlov comes out.  He attacks Hardy and walks out.  SmackDown goes off the air.

Seems like a clusterf*ck of a Smackdown!. Some really good elements in there but some stuff we'll have to wait to understand.

Primo and Carlito tagging? Wasn't Primo on RAW two weeks ago claiming he was nothing like his brother? And they're facing the Edgeheads, who are heels....

Bam attacking Chavo? Ok...

Big Show makes no sesne... he's with Vickie because it will lead him to the WWE title, even though Vickie is the one who DIDN'T book him in a title match...

Scotty Goldman getting buried = bad.

Kenny Dykstra in bubble wrap? Wtf...

But on a positive note...

- Jeff getting the title match = awesome, what I was hoping for.

- Kozlov getting pushed and maybe getting a different layer to his character through this in the long run is good.

Nick Nemeth dark match = good.

Sounds like a weird SD!

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Dale

« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2008, 04:38:20 PM »
I'll be watching it for Carlito alone :D

Offline geek 3.14

• #1 Kane fan
« Reply #2 on: 13 September 2008, 12:56:31 AM »
Smackdown is going to be interesting. I am just glad I will be drunk while I watch it. That will make it much more amusing.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 13 September 2008, 01:18:48 AM »
In my eyes Shelton controlled the whole match whereas Jeff Hardy spent the whole time getting thrown out of the ring but a whisper in the wind and swanton bomb automatically makes him the winner. Shelton is as athletic as Jeff if not more so and actually has the feel of a main eventer in the ring therefore I think he is the ideal winner.
Also Triple H vs Shelton is a Face vs Heel whereas with Jeff and HHH it's all that "I respect you" stuff that I hate.

Primo Colon exceeded my expectations as much as someone with a name relating to a tube full of body waste could. Someone needs to take Hawkins and Ryder's titles, I really don't think they deserved the tag belts.

The Kenny Dykstra bit was very funny I thought. Seemed a bit weird and out of the blue though.

Offline Dale

« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2008, 03:43:27 AM »
R-Truth is crazy over already and should continue to come to the ring through the crowd as it gets them involved with him and helps to increase his popularity. WHATS UPP, WHATS UPP. Damn he's awesome :P

Carlito back in action was awesome. Not too keen on the attire, but hey he's on TV so i'm happy. Was surprised how good of a reaction they got and I can't say i'm a 100% happy with Carlito playing the face but hopefully teaming with his brother will reignite his passion, keep him happy and give him a new start so to speak.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2008, 08:26:12 AM »
Smackdown was really good in my eyes, and has been very consistent in it for about a month now. With all the Main Event pushes being handed out to guys like Shelton Benjamin and Brian Kendrick, Smackdown has been awesome as of late.

I felt like the Main Event was extremely obvious from the start of the night when Hardy and Triple H had a promo together, it was pretty obvious. I agree with John though and think that Shelton completely controlled that match. As much as a fan I am of Jeff Hardy as well as Shelton, Shelton was the better man. I think Hardy vs. HHH will be good as it was last year at Armageddon but Shelton vs. HHH would have more potential. Shelton just isn't that over just yet, give him time and he'll be a mainstream Main Eventer.

Also seeing Carlito was cool and even though he had a dud attire, just good to see him back on tv.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2008, 05:48:10 PM »
Well I didn't watch SD! but I just finished watching the The Colons vs Zach and Rider. Is it just me or does it seem like Carlito took a step backwards? Like it seems as if he is debuting and it's 2004 all over again for him. But I enjoy watching him and Primo tag together. Maybe this is will keep him quiet.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2008, 08:40:06 PM »
Quote from: CLMark;16419
Well I didn't watch SD! but I just finished watching the The Colons vs Zach and Rider. Is it just me or does it seem like Carlito took a step backwards? Like it seems as if he is debuting and it's 2004 all over again for him. But I enjoy watching him and Primo tag together. Maybe this is will keep him quiet.
'
It is a step back but it's his own damn fault for being a douchebag. He's lucky to even have a job, yet alone a spot on TV teaming with his brother.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #8 on: 16 September 2008, 03:35:29 PM »
What was up with the whole ductapin kenny dykstra and taking hm off? they never even got festus back in his retard mode.

Main event was pretty obvious but a good match

i missed the first 10 mins so i dunno what went on there

R-Truth and his entrance seems to be getting him over which is good.

I like bam standing up for his self and pushing chavo down.i like bam neely. i think he could do good if they used him correctly.

i just skipped the Divas match

Koslov still isn't growing on me and i hated seeing cabana job with funaki.

and last but not least it was great to see carlito back. it looks like we got a new face tag team on the smackdown roster with thsese 2. and IMO they did a really good job. i think they both fit in this team really well. as for the match its self it was okay. but more of just carlito getting double teamed on and then making a come back to get the tag on primo then in the end carlito comes in and gets the pin beings he actually has a finisher. but none the less still loved seeing carltio back and i hope he and primo don't do the obvious tag team split anytime soon.

Overall i would say a little bit down from what smackdown has been. which IMO its been great lately. but still a good smackdown.