Author Topic: Mick Foley TNA Debut!  (Read 1436 times)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
Mick Foley TNA Debut!
« on: 6 September 2008, 01:02:06 PM »
Makes me think his official TNA debut will be at No Surrender then.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Mick Foley TNA Debut!
« Reply #1 on: 6 September 2008, 09:20:33 PM »
thanks for posting this. i wish some of the crowed would shut up. but foley seems pretty happy in TNA.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
Mick Foley TNA Debut!
« Reply #2 on: 10 September 2008, 07:16:00 PM »
And TNA signs another has been!

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
Mick Foley TNA Debut!
« Reply #3 on: 10 September 2008, 08:24:40 PM »
WOAH WOAH WOAH.

Ill give you Kurt Angle, Rhino, and even Booker T. But Mick Foley is not a has been. He may not be in shape to go out there week in and week out in the ring, but he can do the occasion match and still be pretty damn impressive(See Wrestlemaina 22 and ECW One Night Stand 2). And even than he is still the best speaker in the entire business and has a pretty smart mind for pushing the younger stars which is what TNA needs desperately. I have a strong feeling his entire purpose for being brought into TNA is to be the mouthpiece for the New Blood's anyway. He boost's TNA's stock and he won't be TNA World Champion like ever so this is a smart signing.

Offline WWEFANbOy

Mick Foley TNA Debut!
« Reply #4 on: 10 September 2008, 08:39:11 PM »
Quote from: THE Leonardo LunchBoX;15929
WOAH WOAH WOAH.

Ill give you Kurt Angle, Rhino, and even Booker T. But Mick Foley is not a has been. He may not be in shape to go out there week in and week out in the ring, but he can do the occasion match and still be pretty damn impressive(See Wrestlemaina 22 and ECW One Night Stand 2). And even than he is still the best speaker in the entire business and has a pretty smart mind for pushing the younger stars which is what TNA needs desperately. I have a strong feeling his entire purpose for being brought into TNA is to be the mouthpiece for the New Blood's anyway. He boost's TNA's stock and he won't be TNA World Champion like ever so this is a smart signing.

I totally agree, Kurt and Booker are has-beens, not so much Rhino but Mick Foley, not even close8-)

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
Mick Foley TNA Debut!
« Reply #5 on: 10 September 2008, 08:59:16 PM »
Rhino is a shell of his WWE self which was a shell of his ECW self which was alright at best.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
Mick Foley TNA Debut!
« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2008, 10:00:19 PM »
Yeah, Kurt Angle is a has-been..... And I'm going to win the American election in November. 8-)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Mick Foley TNA Debut!
« Reply #7 on: 10 September 2008, 11:31:16 PM »
Yeah i don't see how angle is a has been when he goes out there and has great matches after great matches still to this day.

Rhino i do agree on. he just bores me.

Offline geek 3.14

• #1 Kane fan
Mick Foley TNA Debut!
« Reply #8 on: 12 September 2008, 11:47:55 PM »
Quote from: J.Cannon;15928
And TNA signs another has been!

Sweety you have lost your damn mind. Has been my tail. FOLEY IS GOD!!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Mick Foley TNA Debut!
« Reply #9 on: 13 September 2008, 04:25:13 PM »
Quote from: geek 3.14;16179
Sweety you have lost your damn mind. Has been my tail. FOLEY IS GOD!!

All that Foley could ever do was take a beating and cut a promo. He couldn't really wrestle all that well (and he'll admit to that himself), like ever, and didn't have the look. WWE gave him title runs and made him a household name, even brought him back to wrestle WAY past his prime.

And Mick is going to walk off because he doesn't like Vince yelling in his ear? Bullshit.... I'll bet you the real reason was because he wanted to get back into the ring and have a bigger role but Vince thought he didn't have the drawing power or ability to do it anymore (and I would completely agree with that if it were true).

The current WWE fanbase doesn't remember Foley for what he was in his best days, it's a simple fact. So if Vince were to put him in the ring, the reaction for the most part would probably be "who's this fat guy wrestling?". It sounds a little harsh, but it's just how it is. I love foley, he entertained me for years and I grew up watching him as I started watching WWE just about when he came in.

But from a business perspective it would be stupid to give him a bigger role, which is obviously waht he wants considering the interviews about hin in TNA.

He's going to end up wrestling there and having a big on-screen role, and whether it will help TNA I don't know (if Angle, Sting, Kevin Nash, Booker T can't help them I don't see how Foley can help them), but I agree whole-heartedly with Cannon...

Mick Foley pretty much fits the criteria of a HAS BEEN.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline D.C.

• The Biz
Mick Foley TNA Debut!
« Reply #10 on: 13 September 2008, 04:42:16 PM »
My two cents...

TNA, can have Mick. They can have Mick and they can do, EXACTLY, what we all know they are going to do... put ANOTHER, former ex WWE Superstar... in the TNA Main Event Scene... for a little boost in ratings... So, move over all you little go getters that busted your asses to put TNA on the map. Cause its time to shuffle up that roster to make way to Da Fat Guy...

A.J. Joey Styles? Samoa who? Alex Shell and Chris Seben? Who are these people??? Did I get their names wrong? Or am I just fooling myself into thinking that these people still mattered... For a second I thought I was watching the Raw 25th anniversary show...

For ****s sake they even have Earl Hebner...

Mick Foley to TNA means two things...

1. At least someone will cut a believable promo...

2. His kids don't have to pay to get into the Amusement Park (HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
Mick Foley TNA Debut!
« Reply #11 on: 13 September 2008, 05:54:45 PM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;16219
He's going to end up wrestling there and having a big on-screen role, and whether it will help TNA I don't know (if Angle, Sting, Kevin Nash, Booker T can't help them I don't see how Foley can help them), but I agree whole-heartedly with Cannon..

It isn't all about the ratings though. Especially to a company like TNA who broadcast iMPACT in 104 countries over the world. Yes all the people in the company want to be in America/Canada etc. but I still don't see why TNA cant take the broadcasts and PPVs abroad, the advantages of expanding overseas, breaking into more markets, going to the fans who've been starved of wrestling for ages. I mean every business goal is to make more and more money. Why not do that?

Back to my point though, Sting and Nash are past it now (i wont disagree with that) but they have provided TNA with many memorable moments (Sting v Jarrett, Sting v Angle, Sting v Abyss/Mitchell, Sting v Daniels; Nash's role in the PCS, Nash's Black Machismo idea, Nash various appearances "Victory Road, Spike Debut etc.".)

Also, Booker T is still a decent wrestler and hasn't had a bad time (he put over Roode and now to an extent Joe) plus Kurt Angle is the greatest alive today. (Countless 5* matches, intense segments, and not forgettign the potential for money making matches against Jarrett and Daniels.)

Quote from: D.C.;16220
TNA, can have Mick. They can have Mick and they can do, EXACTLY, what we all know they are going to do... put ANOTHER, former ex WWE Superstar... in the TNA Main Event Scene... for a little boost in ratings... So, move over all you little go getters that busted your asses to put TNA on the map. Cause its time to shuffle up that roster to make way to Da Fat Guy...

A.J. Joey Styles? Samoa who? Alex Shell and Chris Seben? Who are these people??? Did I get their names wrong? Or am I just fooling myself into thinking that these people still mattered... For a second I thought I was watching the Raw 25th anniversary show...

For ****s sake they even have Earl Hebner...

Well I would be disappointed in one if he didn't go into the main event scene right now because it is a role someone like him would excel in. The main event scene right now is Joe/Styles/Jarrett/Nash/Cage v Angle/Booker/Sting/3D and Foley coming in on it would only make it better.

Well Joe is the current World Champion in the company, AJ Styles has just wrestled two 5* matches with Kurt Angle on PPVs and also good bouts on iMPACT too if you can beleive it. Ill give you the MCMG one but I do want to add that TNA has 3 other great teams in Beer Money, LAX and 3D so not everyone can get pushed like the indy smarks would like.

And what's wrong with Hebner? He is one of the best referees in the business, even if he does botch sometimes. :lol2

Offline D.C.

• The Biz
Mick Foley TNA Debut!
« Reply #12 on: 13 September 2008, 07:28:21 PM »
The point of my post, the over abundance of market names, that weren't built in TNA.

You just told me TNA's Main Event scene, is littered with former WWE wrestlers. Someone in TNA needs to wake the **** up, because this shit is getting ridiculous. "We are TNA" "We are wrestling", they ain't shit.

You think about what kind of business is good business for a second and stop trying to justify money spend as opposed to money earned. TNA wasn't put on the map by Kurt Angle, Booker T, Sting, Kevin Nash, or Scott Steiner.

TNA spent years, gaining momentum, gaining the the ground they needed to finally make a break. And what do they do???? They sell themselves out. TNA made a name for being different, and they did it, without having to use any of those names. But as soon as the no-names that made em money did their parts, enter the "legend" whores.

Mick Foley can do great things for TNA, its true... but for all the wrong reasons. They don't NEED Mick Foley. All they have to do, is look in their ****ing locker room once in a while. Look at the talent that most of the time, just goes to waste because a new "jumper" is coming in. Who gives a damn if they are has-beens or not, TNA is spending money on names. Thats all it is. Sting vs Abyss???? Epic???? Are you smoking crack... wasn't those the same matches, that your "peers" and fellow TNA marks were chanting "Fire Russo" during???

LOL. Come on, you gotta do better then that Fran. Booker T may be a decent wrestler. Kurt Angle, yes I will admit, IN THE RING is still one of the very best... but storylines... segments... you would have to force feed me horse tranquilizers and and shove ecstasy pills down my throat, before you can even think about telling me to take this shit seriously.

Stop wasting money on names, thats what they need to do.

Mick Foley making the jump, in these eyes, is only a positive if Mick bitch slaps someone in the back and tells them to pay attention. Mick will make TNA better... but if he even... IF HE EVEN DARES, to waste his ****ing time in the Main Event, making Angle and all them look better, then his ass was no better then when he parted ways with WWE.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
Mick Foley TNA Debut!
« Reply #13 on: 13 September 2008, 07:59:37 PM »
Quote from: D.C.;16233
You think about what kind of business is good business for a second and stop trying to justify money spend as opposed to money earned. TNA wasn't put on the map by Kurt Angle, Booker T, Sting, Kevin Nash, or Scott Steiner.

Sting was actually in TNA during the early days too. Ok TNA had been around longer than anyone had expected back then but he was still there during the Weekly PPVs, if not year 1, year 2 though. But yes TNA wasn't put on the map by any of the other 4 but they have all helped in someway as far as im concerned. Angle brings the skill, Booker the experience, Nash the comedy value and Steiner brings all those values put together even if he doesn't mean it. *See #1 TNA funniest moment in Media section. :lol2

TNA spent years, gaining momentum, gaining the the ground they needed to finally make a break. And what do they do???? They sell themselves out. TNA made a name for being different, and they did it, without having to use any of those names. But as soon as the no-names that made em money did their parts, enter the "legend" whores.

TNA tried to bring Hulk Hogan in for the first PPV, Victory Road 04, to take them from the weekly ppv to the monthly ppv but he got injured and really TNA were never big before the monthly ppvs and by then they had the main event scene of Jarrett/Hall/Nash v Styles/Hardy/Macho. And TNA didn't actually start to make money until a few years ago (if even then) when guys like Cage, Angle, Rhino, 3D etc were all there.

Mick Foley can do great things for TNA, its true... but for all the wrong reasons. They don't NEED Mick Foley. All they have to do, is look in their ****ing locker room once in a while. Look at the talent that most of the time, just goes to waste because a new "jumper" is coming in. Who gives a damn if they are has-beens or not, TNA is spending money on names. Thats all it is. Sting vs Abyss???? Epic???? Are you smoking crack... wasn't those the same matches, that your "peers" and fellow TNA marks were chanting "Fire Russo" during???

But Mick Foley is a creative genius. He's written best selling books which shows the guy knows what to do when it comes to making stuff up. He's experienced and can still go in situations (Monster Ball, Hardcore, Full Metal Mayhem, Street Fight) he is a gem of an asset. The guy was signed not for stepping in the 6 sides but for everything else he brings to the table. And i didn't say EPIC, i said memorable moments. Some of the matches might have sucked but I loved the storyline between the two. It helped Abyss' character, no matter what anyone says.

Kurt Angle, yes I will admit, IN THE RING is still one of the very best... but storylines... segments... you would have to force feed me horse tranquilizers and and shove ecstasy pills down my throat, before you can even think about telling me to take this shit seriously.

He can only work with what he is given. Watch Angle from the first year in TNA, that was awesome stuff. Since Karen (who is a fine addition to the TV anyway) has come in, yes his time on tv has degraded outside the ring but I could easily watch Angle headbut Joe for the first time over and over again, ahead of Triple H sending me to sleep with his ramblings.

Stop wasting money on names, thats what they need to do.

I disagree and to prove my point, if A-Rod was available as a free agent in baseball (i pick that because i assume you watch it) would you say "No i wont sign him, I will bring up one of the guys from the AA leagues (or whatever its called)." 100 out of 100 would say hell no. If the right talent is there you go out and get it.

Mick Foley making the jump, in these eyes, is only a positive if Mick bitch slaps someone in the back and tells them to pay attention. Mick will make TNA better... but if he even... IF HE EVEN DARES, to waste his ****ing time in the Main Event, making Angle and all them look better, then his ass was no better then when he parted ways with WWE.

I agree with you here though.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Mick Foley TNA Debut!
« Reply #14 on: 14 September 2008, 12:13:56 AM »
[quote=The Franchise

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.