Author Topic: Will TNA: iMPACT "The Video Game" Help TNA Grow New Fanbase?  (Read 411 times)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
Will TNA: iMPACT "The Video Game" Help TNA Grow New Fanbase?
« on: 4 September 2008, 10:18:57 PM »
TNA's video game is all over the Wal Marts, Targets, K-Mart, Best Buy, Circuit City, and EB Games. The shows in Mississppi, Alabama, and Tennesse have TNA game posters, and commericals all over the place.

I work part time for Circuit City and were given a memo to put posters up. They also told us to put TNA DVDS in the TVs to help market the game so people will get interested in it. I'm currently on break and people been asking all day about TNA. I have had people ask me how long they been around. Who works for them, do they travel like WWE, when they come on tv, and is the wrestlers any good. We sold more TNA DVDs today then ever before, we even sold TNA's old stuff like X Divison Vol.1, Fallen Angel DVD, Bloodiest Matches 1. So this game may be just what this company needs to get over.

Sounds good to me. :)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #1 on: 4 September 2008, 10:34:27 PM »
I guess it depends if the game is good. Some reports I've read haven't been very good, or at least opinions on the game on like forums and such. It certainly can't  hurt the fanbase, but I don't know if it will help for certain. I guess if casual fans or strictly WWE fans play the game and they realize it isn't nearly as good as the WW games it might not turn them on to the product.

But hey, even I'm considering checking the game out, so it certainly won't hurt :P

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 4 September 2008, 10:45:16 PM »
I live in alabama and i have no idea what you mean about "The shows"

but anyways nice to know its getting TNA some attention....to bad the game will suck.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 10 September 2008, 08:45:11 PM »
They should have put some women in the game, there are none. TNA pride itself on their brilliant female division so what the hell? I would much rather play as Awesome Kong or ODB than Michelle McCool on the WWE games.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #4 on: 10 September 2008, 10:04:13 PM »
Christy Hemme is in the game though. It still remains to be confirmed whether she is a DLC or pre-modeled on the disc. But yes TNA is missing the knockouts but I'd rather have who they do have on the roster than someone I wont play I.E. Roxxi, Lauren, Angelina etc.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 10 September 2008, 10:58:25 PM »
I'd play with Angelina (L)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2008, 11:26:40 PM »
you know i was thinking if the game is bad then it could have a reverse effect.
people might play TNA the game see how bad it sucks and want nothing to do with it.

also doe was right. they should have added more knockouts so the game would be more appealing to women. not to mention men. i mean there is a wrestling game out there full of nothing but women (rumble roses )and im guessing it sells pretty well.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #7 on: 11 September 2008, 01:26:49 AM »
Yea... It is ashame there product has gotten worse over the last two or three years. The X-Division used to be awesome and now it's lame and nothing like it used to be. All the main-eventers are for the most part washed up except for an exception of a few. Not to mention the video game was called "passable" by IGN. So, best of luck to TNA.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 14 September 2008, 02:55:52 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;15950
you know i was thinking if the game is bad then it could have a reverse effect.
people might play TNA the game see how bad it sucks and want nothing to do with it.

also doe was right. they should have added more knockouts so the game would be more appealing to women. not to mention men. i mean there is a wrestling game out there full of nothing but women (rumble roses )and im guessing it sells pretty well.

lol I find that hilarious that they don't have women considering its their biggest fanbase... I guess maybe it's because horny 50 year old losers don't play video games?

Maybe video poker :lol2

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #9 on: 14 September 2008, 11:30:29 AM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;16264
lol I find that hilarious that they don't have women considering its their biggest fanbase...

And just how can you justify that? Because a Knockout match gained viewers? That only shows that a certain number of people about 100,000 or so specifically watch the knockouts and considering TNA gets about 1,000,000 viewers throughout the whole show I don't see where you are coming from.

Let us split the Knockouts from the rest of the roster. So on one side we have Angle, Joe, Styles, Booker, Cage etc. and on the other we have Angelina, Roxxi, ODB, Taylor etc. are you trying to tell me that you beleive the Knockouts would out-sell an event, out-sell a PPV, out-sell a foreign tour, out-sell the merch department, out-sell for sponsorships, out-sell for the video game over the rest of the roster.

:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2

You get the view, i could hit that smiley button all day. :closedeyes

Quote from: Last iMPACT ratings
The ODB vs. Raisha Saeed match lost 163,000 viewers.
The Beautiful People also part-took in losing 95,000 viewers.

Offline enigmar

« Reply #10 on: 14 September 2008, 11:12:55 PM »
I actually guarantee that the knockouts will get there own show because they do draw the highest ratings, it seems to me like alot of perverts watch tna lol

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #11 on: 15 September 2008, 02:51:17 AM »
I haven't played the game yet, but I'm planning on trying it out soon. They should of put Amazing Kong in the game. I wouldn't care if they didn't put the rest of the knock outs in the game. Kong vs. Samoa Joe would of been sweet to play in the video game.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.