Author Topic: 'Heat' backstage surrounding superstar  (Read 560 times)

Offline Dale

'Heat' backstage surrounding superstar
« on: 2 September 2008, 01:14:06 AM »
According to a report by Dave Meltzer, MVP reportedly has some heat on him within WWE at the moment. While not a whole lot of details are known, his work in the ring has been criticized as of late and is said to have been told to work in the ring more like Shelton Benjamin.

Anybody buying into this? I think MVP is a fantastic worker and if I had my way he would be walking out of Unforgiven the new WWE Champion. I know to take these backstage heat reports with a grain of salt simply because of the amount of reports we've heard about Punk being in the doghouse. What I find strange is that we were / are constantly reading reports on how Shelton has all the talent in the world and failed to capitalize on it the ring, now all of a sudden after a couple of weeks with the US Title, people are to told to start performing like him in the ring :huh
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #1 on: 2 September 2008, 01:21:58 AM »
not everyone can preform like shelton,im sure if a lot of them could they would.but im not really buying this either. i think it may actually be to make people think he won't win the scramble and they may make him win it so we would be shocked. i mean if he was in the dog house why would he have beat hardy at SS?

Offline Dale

« Reply #2 on: 4 September 2008, 01:45:59 AM »
- As posted last week, there is some backstage heat on former WWE United States Champion MVP.

The heat seems to have started when WWE recently had a drug test. WWE brings in drug testing monitors to make sure the talents aren

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 4 September 2008, 01:55:59 AM »
No need to play down Shelton on drawing Heel heat, he is probably one of the best wrestlers to watch in the ring.

I think it's kind of pathetic the person monitoring him complained, tbh, it's obviously a joke...

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 4 September 2008, 01:58:35 AM »
Yup, it's stupid, but that's WWE for ya, or the wrestling business in general rather... the gossip and the way the higher-ups both on the card and management treat others is worse than high school. Makes no sense.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #5 on: 4 September 2008, 02:02:30 AM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;15430
Now I don't agree with what MVP apparently said to the drug testers if indeed true, but what the **** has that got to do with him out in the ring drawing heat? I always thought MVP drew plenty of heat in the similar sort of fashion as Orton, being the the cocky arrogant heel. Maybe it's just me I don't know, but i've never really heard all that much heel heat for Shelton to classify him as a successful heel that people should look to follow.

I agree Dale. Shelton is a good wrestler don't get me wrong, but saying that he can draw heat more than MVP is kind of....stupid. Anyway Shelton has not done anything that I've seen that proves that he knows how to get heel heat more than MVP could. And all of this because MVP said a joke (or whatever it was) to someone who was testing him for marijuana. ****in stupid is what it is.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 4 September 2008, 12:33:26 PM »
Well im glad management seems to be high on shelton as a heel i have been noticing he has been getting a lot more heat as of late. but thats not to say that MVP doesn't or hasn't got more heel heat. i really don't see what they're talking about with that. i always thought he got great heel heat. but i dunno i just think this is stupid beings it all came from MVP being a dick to the monitors.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #7 on: 13 September 2008, 01:36:04 AM »
They seem to be pushing MVP aside a bit. There is no doubt that he has come across as the weakest out of Kendrick, Benjamin and Hardy and that was even pointed out by Triple H on tonight's Smackdown.

I think MVP is a great worker and is one of the wrestlers who could be the future of the business if he plays his cards right. I actually laughed at his comment to the drugs tester as well, it sounds like a joke to me and even if it isn't it's an amusing comment as there is some truth in it.
This whole thing has probably been caused by MVP not wanting to show his penis to the testers.

Offline enigmar

« Reply #8 on: 14 September 2008, 12:26:04 AM »
Would you want to drop your pants and have some dude watch you pee?, seriously though I have to side with MVP on this, I think The TESTER that he apparently annoyed needs to stop taking his job too seriously, he watches people pee for heaven's sake, and as for the Higher ups I give them there dues they are pushing every person in the main event spot equally and are really elevating the smackdown brand cos of it, and as for dog house well let the fans decide MVPS future, he aint going no where thats for sure

Offline firewall316

« Reply #9 on: 14 September 2008, 01:34:49 AM »
This is stupid. It was a joke. Kinda funny too. What kind of college you have to go through to get a job watching people piss and why would you do it...or was it not planned. I'd have to mess with them. Anyway, I don't see how he should be learning from shelton. I hope he doesn't, because, honestly I think Shelton is pretty damn boring. At least his mic skills. He can wrestle for sure, but when he talks, he kind of bores the hell out of me... like Orton. MVP is at least a hell of a lot more entertaining.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 14 September 2008, 02:10:46 AM »
Quote from: enigmar;16251
Would you want to drop your pants and have some dude watch you pee?, seriously though I have to side with MVP on this, I think The TESTER that he apparently annoyed needs to stop taking his job too seriously, he watches people pee for heaven's sake, and as for the Higher ups I give them there dues they are pushing every person in the main event spot equally and are really elevating the smackdown brand cos of it, and as for dog house well let the fans decide MVPS future, he aint going no where thats for sure

I would tend to disagree... it's a job that really does need to be taken seriously. Take it from someone who's studying to be an auditor, you can kid around once in a while but it's serious business, whether you're counting inventory in a supermarket or watching someone urinate.

Maybe the dude overreacted and shouldn't have complained but it's his job, I can't blame him for being serious about it.

Offline enigmar

« Reply #11 on: 14 September 2008, 02:56:57 AM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;16261
I would tend to disagree... it's a job that really does need to be taken seriously. Take it from someone who's studying to be an auditor, you can kid around once in a while but it's serious business, whether you're counting inventory in a supermarket or watching someone urinate.

Maybe the dude overreacted and shouldn't have complained but it's his job, I can't blame him for being serious about it.

what about guys like MVP who have to be subjected to humiliation, they have to piss in front of someone because the wwe does not trust them, the company has been stripping away at there rights for a while now, they are contracted talent and do not have to put up with the crap they are going through so that they can keep there dream job alive, what MVP did is try and bring humor to an otherwise difficult situation

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 14 September 2008, 03:22:04 AM »
Quote from: enigmar;16265
what about guys like MVP who have to be subjected to humiliation, they have to piss in front of someone because the wwe does not trust them, the company has been stripping away at there rights for a while now, they are contracted talent and do not have to put up with the crap they are going through so that they can keep there dream job alive, what MVP did is try and bring humor to an otherwise difficult situation

To be fair it's not that WWE doesn't trust them. But even if they didn't, they have plenty reason not to... look how many people have failed drug tests in the last couple of years! look how many people have completely f*cked storylines because they were selfish and took drugs. WWE needs to be as serious as they possibly can, because even if people are on steroids, if WWE is being careful about it they're safe. Look at the problems with the MLB right now, it's not that their stars are taking steroids per say, it's that Selig and that entire gang let them take steroids.

WWE is taking the necessary precautions to save their business and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not subject to humiliation, it's standard procedure. And as I said they are completely justified in not trusting them if they didn't and it wasn't of case of simply treating everyone equally... the proof in that is in the list of people who have gotten suspended, i don't think I need to run it down for you.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #13 on: 14 September 2008, 12:17:52 PM »
Just because it's a serious job in the sense that it's there to help people, it doesn't mean that you can't understand an obvious joke. I'm on MVP's side on this, considering how he deserves to be in the main event way more then Jeff Hardy, who seems to always be on drugs, yet gets more of a push.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #14 on: 17 September 2008, 12:45:40 AM »
Quote from: chappers;16292
Just because it's a serious job in the sense that it's there to help people, it doesn't mean that you can't understand an obvious joke. I'm on MVP's side on this, considering how he deserves to be in the main event way more then Jeff Hardy, who seems to always be on drugs, yet gets more of a push.

Exactly it's stupid that MVP gets put in the bad books for mocking the tester yet Jeff Hardy has done drugs so many times and is now the one with a shot at the title at No Mercy. Jeff Hardy is boring on the mic, in the ring he is a high flyer which is awesome but his punches look pathetic and he has started to use the same moves all the time.