Author Topic: Several Contracts Close To Expiring...  (Read 338 times)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
Several Contracts Close To Expiring...
« on: 27 August 2008, 11:17:52 PM »
But what would your decision be?

Christian Cage, Sting, Team 3D, and Kevin Nash contract with TNA expires before the end of this year. Sting's contract is believed to be near finalization with an extension, as he has stated in the past that he would not appear on television unless his contract has been renewed. He appeared at the TV tapings this week.

The door is still open for a Christian Cage WWE return according to sources within the company. He left on good terms and would be able to make his return with a storyline involving Edge. He has told friends that he's happy with his current situation in TNA, which is what he told people regarding WWE before his departure.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, ProWrestling.net

Cage: Resign him for sure. Great for the heavyweight division and mid-card. Plus has put over a lot of the younger guys in the company. A real asset.

Sting: Punt him after Bound For Glory.

Team 3D: Resign the two of them. I looked at the TNA roster recently and it lacks a big name team outside of 3D and LAX so they need to keep both.

Nash: Resign him to a cheaper deal. I would tell him to hang up his boots and become the new DOA "figure" of TNA and then put Cornette on the booking team instead.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2008, 03:55:38 AM »
i thought cage signed a extension around june last year for 2 more years that had a  at least 1 world title reign in it. im pretty sure i remember reading that. but anyways deff resing him. can't aford to lose the instant classic. he is one of my faves in TNA.

Team 3D. i would say resign them too because they are such great heels and fit in perfectly in TNA. plus if they went back to WWE they wouldn't really have anything io do much with the lack of teams.

I agree after bound for glory its time for sting to leave. have a retirement match with AJ joe or even booker and then say goodbye.

Resign nash but not as a in ring wrestler. i really like nash when he isn't in the ring with all his backstage segments and stuff.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2008, 11:25:37 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;14969
Resign nash but not as a in ring wrestler. i really like nash when he isn't in the ring with all his backstage segments and stuff.

Perhaps he could do the 2008 PCS! (L)

Offline Rhymin' Greiman

• Super Duper Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Kane, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, and RVD
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2008, 11:21:43 PM »
I'd love to see Christian make his WWE return.  He was basically the only WWE guy that jumped ship and made me watch TNA every once in a great while.  Vince knows what he let go of now so I'm sure they'd make him happier if he came back.  I'm still wanting more of the Christian/Cena feud prior to his departure.

Offline Dale

« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2008, 12:24:52 AM »
I would hope that the WWE are keeping a close eye / in contact with Christian regarding coming back to the WWE. A main event feud with Edge would be absolutely immense especially considering the success of both guys since going their seperate ways. Christian was mad over before left the WWE and I believe he could become as popular again if he did return. Being a "peep" I for one would love to see him back :D

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #5 on: 6 September 2008, 11:53:52 PM »
An update on the situation.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that the feeling within TNA right now regarding Kevin Nash or Christian Cage signing new deals is 50/50. In both cases for Nash and Cage, the feeling is wondering how badly WWE wants them or not.

Nash is reportedly negotiating in giving TNA the idea that WWE wants him as there is a potential short-term role to walk into as a bodyguard for Shawn Michaels to counteract Lance Cade, but with timing issues there really isn't anything to that right now. He has stated many times that he is very limited when it comes to working in the ring and how the TNA schedule gives him enough time to rest up in between events, so going to a full-time schedule with WWE probably wouldn't be something he would want to do.

In regards to Cage, while there was heat on the way he handled his departure from WWE in jumping to TNA a few years ago, one source has described that as "water under the bridge" within WWE. One point has been made that with drug testing now the norm in WWE, the emphasis on having a muscular physique is the lowest it has ever been in the company's history and how that bodes well for Christian whose body has been his biggest hold-up in the opinions of many despite having top notch skills in the ring and strong promo skills.

I said previously that I would like to resign both but that opinion has changed since the past few days. I would not resign Kevin Nash because he's only in it for the money. I've seen something from him on an interview where he clearly says not to my surprise that he looks out for himself only and he would rejoin WWE if they offer him what he wants and he would only resign to TNA if they give him exactly what he wants.

KEVIN NASH CAN GET TO ****!

Christian Cage is still cool with me about resigning though. I hope he does as he is in my top 5 favorite wrestlers right now with AJ, Angle, Kennedy and Orton.