Author Topic: Update on Edge's status with WWE  (Read 791 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Update on Edge's status with WWE
« on: 27 August 2008, 10:22:40 PM »
NoDQ.com

The Sun has an article on John Cena's neck injury. The article also notes that a few WWE main eventer are hurting pretty bad too. One WWE insider told The Sun that Edge desperately needed to take a few weeks off because he's so banged up. "This is why Edge is taking a few weeks off. He desperately needs to," the source explained. "His performances on the mic and limited actions kept him OK through the Hell in a Cell Match with Undertaker, but Edge is a man in a lot of constant pain, he just doesn't want to give up his top spot right now." Also, Undertaker apparently came back early for his showdown with Edge at SummerSlam. "Undertaker himself came back a little early," the source said. "His knee is still very sore, and he has to be very careful with it because he's not a youngster anymore and he could suffer an injury that could put him on the shelf for a very long time." The wear and tear of WWE

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2008, 10:31:41 PM »
You know, you have to love Edge's commitment. He got to the top spot and doesn't want to give it up because he is committed and that is something as a fan I can say I apperciate.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2008, 11:28:30 PM »
I read something a while back about Edge taking some time off. He really deserves it. Can't wait for him to come back.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2008, 12:04:39 AM »
Edge, like a lot of other guys has had neck surgery that took him out for a long damn time, and even after he came back he still went out and took a crap load of bumps in matches like TLCs. And within the last few months he's had a TLC and a Hell In A Cell match with amazing bumps putting himself at risk even more but it really does show the guys drive and commitment to be at the top and to entertain the fans. He really does deserve the time off and hopefully he'll be back and better then ever in a few weeks.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline Pj-34

« Reply #4 on: 28 August 2008, 10:45:52 PM »
Edge has been SmackDown for the last couple of months now and I actually enjoyed the storyline even though I'm happy it's over.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #5 on: 31 August 2008, 06:48:35 PM »
Quote from: Pj-34;15021
Edge has been SmackDown for the last couple of months now and I actually enjoyed the storyline even though I'm happy it's over.

Well the part of him being madly in love with Vickie is over but I wouldn't count on the fued with Taker being over quite yet. As I said in the Unforgiven thread I could see Edge coming back to spear Taker if he's in a match at the PPV.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too