Author Topic: Smackdown *SPOILERS* 29/8/08  (Read 731 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Smackdown *SPOILERS* 29/8/08
« on: 27 August 2008, 04:27:05 PM »
* A WrestleMania XXIV video package is shown.

* Lots of "WOOOO" chants.

Dark Match:
*Jake Hager b. Jamie Noble
- Hager got the win via pinfall.  Noble took a hard hit to his neck.

* Funaki b. Nick Nemeth
- Funaki got the win with a roll up.  Solid overall match.

SmackDown: (Airing This Week)
* The show opens with Undertaker saying that Vickie Guerrero will burn in hell and he is not going to forgive her.  He says he will have her soul.  Fire shoots out of the ringposts.  

* R-Truth (Ron Killings) b. Kenny Dykstra  
- Killings got the win with a pinfall after hitting an axe kick.  

* Vickie Guerrero is shown in her dressing room flipping out.  She throws a phone.  

Next, Michelle McCool is shown in a photo shoot as Maryse interrupts and claims she will be a Divas Champion.

* Maryse & Natalya v. Michelle McCool & Maria
- Maryse got the pinfall for the win after hitting Maria with a DDT.  

* Jeff Hardy is backstage with Eve.  He says he is going to beat MVP.  

* Jeff Hardy b. MVP
- Hardy got the win via pinfall after hitting a swanton bomb off the top rope. After the match Shelton Benjamin comes out to the ring and attacks Hardy & MVP.

Several players from the Pittsburgh Steelers are shown on camera.  

* Jesse & Festus vs. Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder
- The match ends in disqualification when the Big Show runs out and cleans house.  He calls it an "oversight."  

* Brie Bella (from FCW) b. Victoria
- Bella got the win via pinfall.

* Brian Kendrick cuts a promo backstage.  

* Triple H b. Shelton Benjamin
- Khali comes in and tries to distract Hunter. He fails as Hunter gets the win with a pedigree on Shelton. Hunter and Khali have a staredown.

Seems like an ok show. Let's hope Trips/Shelton and Jeff/MVP deliver. Nice to see Smackdown! end in a match for once.

I wonder who this new chick us, pinning Victoria clean. Interesting to see two womens matches this week, I would have prefered someone like Scotty Goldman get some TV time instead. Also I can't wait to see R-Truth, his promos have been pretty good.

I'm thinking it's going to be Big Show vs. Undertaker at Unforgiven, just a hunch looking at where they're going with both those guys in terms of storyline. But we'll see.

Looks like an OK show on paper but I will tune in to see R-Truth and the two main events.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Dale

« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2008, 08:35:02 PM »
Just to add a bit to the debut of Brie Bella who I suppose most know is one half of the Bella Twins in developmental

- As posted earlier, Brianna Bella of WWE developmental

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2008, 08:39:18 PM »
lol the old switcharoo eh? Ya I remember those girls, i think there's pics of them on the divas forum. They're alright. We haven't seen a switcharoo since the Basham Brothers I don't think. That's pretty cool, can't wait to see how it comes off on TV.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2008, 08:53:43 AM »
I gotta say that was a phenomenal main event with trips vs shelton. im not to big on how the ending went because i think shelton could have got the win right there and not only would it be huge for shelton and put triple h in a venerable spot for kahli but it would do nothing to degrade triple h in any way especially with kahli out there.

but still this is probably my favorite TV match of the year right up there with Jeff hardy vs Shawn Michaels from the 2/11 raw. and the ECW fatal 4 way from 7/30. i would honestly give it 4 to4.25 stars. i know that is way overrated in a lot of peoples eyes. but im just saying thats how much i enjoyed the match. and im willing to admit that when my favorite wrestler (Benjamin) is in a match i am more interested in it and there for most of the time its better for me because i have that connection where i REALLY want someone to win. unlike if 2 guys like i dunno  cena vs triple h face each other. sure they might have a great match but all and all i really don't care who wins and caring who wins is a pretty big deal for me in matches.

OK enough going on about that.lol.

Smackdown was a pretty good show from what i payed attention to. i didn't pay attention to a lot of it though to be honest but i will re watch most of it.

but i think this show realy helped put shelton over even if he did lose his match which i love of course because im such a big shelton benjamin fan.

oh and also what a great great GREAT promo from THE brian kendrick. it reminded me somewhat of john cena back in his heel days. i know they are nothing alike but in the sense it was so good you had to like it....but i dunno maybe thats just me.

anyways good job WWE! you went 3 for 3 this week with your shows.lets keep it rolling.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2008, 02:41:46 AM »
Yeah Shelton beating up Hardy and MVP after their match would have definitely put him over and in my eyes Shelton stole the main event, shame he didn't win as he did some excellent stuff. That kick he did on Triple H was awesome (When Triple H blocked his attack, it looked like Trips was going to hit a move and Shelton just kicks him.)
All Triple H did was his usual moves, I really am bored of him. He doesn't have that fire to him that many other wrestlers have in the ring.

And yeah Kendrick's promo was decent, it goes to show how underlooked some wrestlers are, you would never have thought before the draft that if given half the chance Kendrick would impress with charisma as well as his talent.

Offline Dale

« Reply #5 on: 1 September 2008, 01:55:25 AM »
R-Truth vs Kenny Dykstra. I really enjoyed this little confrontation. The promo Kenny gave was delivered perfectly and what made it even better was that it was so damn true and felt as if it came straight from the heart. Nice quick match, but I thought Killings looked a tad slow to start off with, but he soon picked up. Got a good look about him and I enjoyed his finisher as I originally thought it was just going to be like Bookers, but the little twist made it better visually.

Divas Tag. Didn't pay attention to it, but I liked the confrontation before the match between Maryse and Michelle because I had a little smirk on my face when Michelle something along the lines of Maryse never being champion because she didn't have talent. Just found it ironic :lol2

Jeff vs MVP. I always forgot to watch SmackDown for the most part even though I downloaded and record it, but everytime I do catch it, i'm drawn into this feud. The promo's have been truly fantastic and the matches have been great to. I love the intensity and how personal the feud has gotten because of the MVP promo's when he says that Jeff will never become WWE Champion because of how much of a liability he is with all that's happened. Much like the Dykstra promo, it felt so real as if Vince or management was actually saying it to Jeff.

Brie Bella vs Victoria. The match just plain sucked, but for me personally I cared more about how they pulled the switch off. If your a regular fan who doesn't read all the spoilers and the developmental people being brough up and what not, you really would have no idea that she was a twin and would have been a bit like "huh" when the switch happened. Because I knew she was a twin and the switch was coming, I understood it but it's going to be interesting to see how they integrate the other twin over the next couple of weeks. Hopefully the hints will be a bit stronger next time.

Shelton vs HHH. For the most part I missed this match so I will go back and rewatch it. What I did see though I was impressed with. I love how Shelton was the aggressor for the large part of the match until the closing stages. I really would of loved to see Shelton steal a victory because of Khali's presence. The aftermatch attack could have still happened, it's just a Shelton win could of been so unbelievably huge.

Edit:
- Nina sent the following: I thought I would point out that it was for sure a Divas switch with the Bella Twins on Friday