Author Topic: TNA iMPACT August 28 Discussion Thread  (Read 337 times)

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
TNA iMPACT August 28 Discussion Thread
« on: 26 August 2008, 07:57:30 AM »
Matches Announced
Kurt Angle vs Kevin Nash
[Four Ways To Glory Qualifying Match]
Also this Thursday night, the "Four Ways To Glory" qualifying continues as it will be Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle taking on "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash, with the winner advancing to the World Title main event at the No Surrender Pay-Per-View! That night, Samoa Joe will defend the gold against Booker T (who already qualified) and two more opponents in a four-way bout!
Womans Champion Taylor Wilde & Roxxi vs The Beautiful People
X-Division Champion Petey Williams & Sheik Abdul Bashir vs Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed
CurryMan vs Jimmy Rave

Also On iMPACT
Sting Speaks
For weeks, the big question in TNA Wrestling has been why Sting has launched attacks on TNA World Heavyweight Champion Samoa Joe and "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles! Thus far, the icon has refused to offer up his motives. However, this Thursday night, Sting will finally explain his actions to the wrestling world! What will the former multi-time World Champion have to reveal? Also, how will Samoa Joe and AJ Styles react? Tune in and find out!
Kong in Action
=====

Well it's shaping up to be a good iMPACT, hopefully Sting will get the contract issues sorted out and resign for the same amount he is working on now if not going to a legends contract. As for the matches the only one I'm really looking forward to seeing this week is Williams & Bashir vs Lethal & Creed because they are the kind of guts that can pull out a great match. As for the rest of it I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2008, 08:13:44 AM »
I can't really say if impact will be good or not because its usually hit or miss. but lately i think it has been good. iam loving the main storyline with Jarret and sting and such. i can't wait for sting to finally speak. i would hope they would start the show off with it though.

I see Angle winning this match and then i see AJ advancing next week by beating christian or someone. but if nash wins then i think christian will advance.

Also im wondering where they are gonna go from here with katey kim. the girl who was supposed to be gails sister before gail left. im not sure if they will just drop bringing her in or somhow go on with it or what.

and finally im hoping the guns get to go on further with there heel turn and maybe get a rival to lead to a match at no surrender.whic i was hoping for cage and rhino. since 3d are feuding with morgan and abyss. and LAX with beer money.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2008, 08:19:47 PM »
Apart from Sting speaking this looks like a miss to me. Nash\Angle could go either way and the tag team match with Petey/Bashir v Creed/Lethal sounds interesting I just wonder what direction they will go for the X title and also whether Sonjay will show up.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2008, 06:53:35 AM »
SMH.....

The sting part just disgusted me. seriously i haven't felt this negative about someone...or a storyline in wrestling in a very long time. and the worst part is it seems they are making joe and AJ seems like they are the bad guys in this. this ruined the whole episode of impact for me.

Also
No MCMG.
No Beer money.
No LAX.
No Matt Morgan.

come on did the angle/nash match really need to go that long? it was a bore fest. nash sucks in the ring plain and simple. they should have made the match shorter and got some of the guys i mentioned above on the show.

the only part i liked really was creed & lethal vs Petey and Bashir..and that ended in a roll up.

BAD Impact IMO.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2008, 08:13:39 PM »
Very bad iMPACT imo!

Sting promo was gold though Adam. I'm loving where this is going.

The worst part for me was the main event. Having Joe help Angle qualify for the PPV main event and a shot at his title after EVERYTHING that has happened is retarded to death. The only good thing about the main event was it's obvious Nash is going to be on the "Millionaires" team. I think we have got AJ/Joe/Cage/Others v Nash/Sting/Booker/Angle at the moment.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 29 August 2008, 09:00:47 PM »
[quote=The Franchise