Author Topic: {It's The Big One} The Official Bound For Glory IV Thread.  (Read 1700 times)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
{It's The Big One} The Official Bound For Glory IV Thread.
« on: 24 August 2008, 07:19:03 PM »

In the weeks leading up to the Pay-Per-View, TNAwrestling.com will be looking back at some of the greatest matches and moments from Bound For Glory! Below, you can watch complete bouts through Youtube videos from each year, check out ringside photos and read complete results!

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/909/84/

Then, join us live on Pay-Per-View on Sunday night, October 12 to witness history in the making!
Matches Currently Playing:

World Title Match (Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting - 2006)
8 Mile Street Fight (Christian Cage vs. Rhino - 2006)
Six Sides Of Steel (The LAX vs. AJ Styles/Christopher Daniels - 2006)
X Championship (Chris Sabin vs. Senshi - 2006)
Monster's Ball (Abyss vs. Rhino vs. Sabu vs. Jeff Hardy - Bound For Glory 2005)
World Title Match (Jeff Jarrett vs. Rhino - Bound For Glory 2005)
Ultimate X Match (The LAX vs. Triple X - 2007)
Tables Match (The Steiner Brothers vs. Team 3D - 2007)
World Title Match (Kurt Angle vs. Sting - 2007)

BOUND FOR GLORY IV Live ON PAY-PER-VIEW
            SUNDAY October 12th from Chicago

On Sunday, October 12, TNA Wrestling presents our biggest Pay-Per-View event of the year with "Bound For Glory" live from Chicago!

Tickets for "Bound For Glory IV" will go on sale August 1 at the Sears Centre Arena box office. Full details will be available in the coming weeks.

The "Bound For Glory IV" weekend kicks off Oct. 11 with TNA's popular Fan Interaction, where fans will get to meet the in-ring stars of TNA, get their autograph and have a photo taken alongside the stars of TNA.

The three-hour epic event will feature all of your favorite TNA Wrestling superstars, including Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Booker T, AJ Styles, Christian Cage, Rhino, Latin American Xchange, Team 3D, Abyss and many more!

The event will be available on InDemand, DirecTV, Dish Network, TVN, Viewer's Choice Canada and more. Call your local cable or satellite provider for availability.

Watch TNA "iMPACT!" every Thursday   night at 9pm for updates and matches for the Bound For Glory Pay-Per-View!
Current Line-Up:

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"THE SAMOAN SUBMISSION MACHINE" SAMOA JOE (C)
versus.
"THE ICON" STING

TNA GRUDGE MATCH
"THE OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST" KURT ANGLE
versus.
"THE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN" JEFF JARRETT

TNA KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
TAYLOR WILDE (C)
versus.
AWESOME KONG
versus.
ROXXI

THE STEEL ASYLUM MATCH
FEATURING THE STARS OF THE X-DIVISION

MONSTERS BALL MATCH
TEAM 3D
versus.
ABYSS & MATT MORGAN

*I know it's still very early at this stage but with the videos going up and this being our WrestleMania it deserved to go up ASAP. So any discussions about BFG should go in here. ;)

Offline Pala!

« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2008, 08:03:36 PM »
Its early but what-the-hay its Bound for Glory IV. I can't wait for this, really should be a great show. Now obviously TNA can't do a WrestleMania type show as WrestleMania is more of an Entertainment - Something for everyone type PPV. But TNA can't really do that in my opinion. They don't have the money, fanbase, media attention that WWE do so what they should do is put on the best "wrestling" show that they can. Saying that it also needs to be a drawable PPV, so it needs high profile matches.

I can see Jeff Jerrett versus Kurt Angle, which is a big match. I can see Sting versus Booker T which is also a big match, but what I would love to see and what could damn well happen is. Samoa Joe Vs. AJ Styles; TNA Championship. Now people may say "That's a the big match TNA needs." Well I disagree. TNA have built AJ Styles up, back to where he is a main eventer by letting him go over Kurt Angle many times. This match could very well be a ***** match, easily with the things these men could do. We seen it before, but at Bound for Glory, in the Main Event? They would step it up and have a classic.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2008, 08:32:41 PM »
Quote from: Pala!;14393

I can see Jeff Jerrett versus Kurt Angle, which is a big match. I can see Sting versus Booker T which is also a big match, but what I would love to see and what could damn well happen is. Samoa Joe Vs. AJ Styles; TNA Championship. Now people may say "That's a the big match TNA needs." Well I disagree. TNA have built AJ Styles up, back to where he is a main eventer by letting him go over Kurt Angle many times. This match could very well be a ***** match, easily with the things these men could do. We seen it before, but at Bound for Glory, in the Main Event? They would step it up and have a classic.

With Bound for Glory being in chicago i think it'll be kind of stupid to not have Styles Vs. Joe. That match alone will equal ticket buys because Chicago is a great indy community and ROH fans will buy tickets to see those two wrestle each other live once again.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2008, 11:20:30 PM »
I know were still trying to guess the look of No Surrender but with SEVEN weeks to go before the event here's my preliminary Bound For Glory card...

TNA Heavyweight Championship
Samoa Joe (C) vs. Sting

TNA Franchise vs. TNA Franchise
Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle

Old-School vs. New School
AJ Styles vs. Booker.T

TNA Tag Team Championships - Ultimate X
Beer Money Inc. (C) vs. LAX vs. Cage/Rhino vs. Motor City Machine Guns

TNA X-Division Championship - Scramble Match (:lol2)
Petey Williams (C) vs. Consequences Creed vs. Abdul Bashir vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Jay Lethal

TNA Knockouts Championship
Taylor Wilde (C) vs. Jacqueline

Falls Count Anywhere Match
Abyss & Matt Morgan vs. Team 3D

...PLUS any of the following for filler time...

Curry Man, Shark Boy, Eric Young vs. Rock N' Rave Affection & Johnny Devine

The Beautiful People vs. ODB & Salinas

BG James vs. Awesome Kong (:lol2)

Suicide vs. Kip James

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2008, 01:34:38 AM »
1. I Agree with everything Pala said. (even if he is sounding like a repeat of truthslayer off youtube :P)

2. I Agree with what Shanti Said.

and now i will give my VERY early card for this years BFG.

TNA Title

AJ Styles vs Joe.

Jeff Jarrett vs Kurt Angle

Sting vs Booker T

Maybe a Ultimate X or just a normal tag match for the tag team titles

LAX vs MCMG

Add some stipulation.

Beer Money & Team 3D vs Cage,Rhino,Morgan & Abyss.

To end the feud

Jay Lethal vs Sonjay Dutt

Knockouts title

ODB vs Kong vs Taylor vs Roxxi vs Love vs Sky

X Division title

Creed vs Bashir or maybe Creed vs Petey vs Bashir vs Devine vs Curry man vs Shark boy vs Young vs Rave vs Hoyt in some sort of battle royal match. you can throw suicide in there too if he is on the scene by the time or bring back kaz for this.

Offline Pala!

« Reply #5 on: 25 August 2008, 01:42:38 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;14438
1. I Agree with everything Pala said. (even if he is sounding like a repeat of truthslayer off youtube :P)

2. I Agree with what Shanti Said.

and now i will give my VERY early card for this years BFG.

TNA Title

AJ Styles vs Joe.

Jeff Jarrett vs Kurt Angle

Sting vs Booker T

Maybe a Ultimate X or just a normal tag match for the tag team titles

LAX vs MCMG

Add some stipulation.

Beer Money & Team 3D vs Cage,Rhino,Morgan & Abyss.

To end the feud

Jay Lethal vs Sonjay Dutt

Knockouts title

ODB vs Kong vs Taylor vs Roxxi vs Love vs Sky

X Division title

Creed vs Bashir or maybe Creed vs Petey vs Bashir vs Devine vs Curry man vs Shark boy vs Young vs Rave vs Hoyt in some sort of battle royal match. you can throw suicide in there too if he is on the scene by the time or bring back kaz for this.

Yeah I kinda stole a bit from him, but I also thought that's what Bound for Glory should be, be he did say it first :D.

I see you have Lethal Vs. Dutt there, if they are going to do that match they should book it like Christian versus Jericho at WrestleMania 20. I think it was 20?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2008, 02:05:50 AM »
Quote from: Pala!;14440
Yeah I kinda stole a bit from him, but I also thought that's what Bound for Glory should be, be he did say it first :D.

I see you have Lethal Vs. Dutt there, if they are going to do that match they should book it like Christian versus Jericho at WrestleMania 20. I think it was 20?

isn't that what truthslayer said again. :lol2 haha anyways i just think it would make sense for these 2 to face off at TNA biggest PPV of the year since they have been feuding for a very long time now. but personally i really wouldn't want that kind of booking because i want a clean one on one match from them like at genesis last year. but if they did one like that i wouldn't mind as long as it would end this feud.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2008, 11:32:57 AM »
The only trouble with yet another Dutt/Lethal match or matches is we know Val is going to make her decision during one on a PPV so it ain't going to be that good long CLEAN bout we hope for. :(

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #8 on: 3 September 2008, 07:03:26 PM »

This is the second version of the BFG poster after the first one with Gail Kim was edited and the only difference between the two posters is this doesn't feature her.

Offline Pala!

« Reply #9 on: 15 September 2008, 05:49:27 PM »
Well, it happens again. Sting versus the TNA Champion at Bound For Glory. Third round I believe. Now my question is, why?

TNA Championship:
Samoa Joe Vs. Sting

Now, I don't really know why they put Sting again in the main event. I'm a Sting fan, but come on. I would have rather see AJ Vs. Joe. Now I know its Sting and he is suppose to be a draw, but from the last two Bound for Glory's from what I know, Sting didn't draw. In my opinion if TNA wanted to draw they should have had Samoa Joe Vs. AJ Styles.

Now you may say, well AJ Styles isnt that big of a draw, that may be so. But in my opinion, all-round Samoa Joe Vs. AJ Styles would of drawing more than Samoa Joe/Sting and let me explain. Going into the Samoa Joe and Sting match, you could expect at most *** 3/4 stars, and that is IF Sting will take some hard bumps from Joe and if a miricle happens really. I could see a *** star match.

Now onto Samoa Joe Vs. AJ Styles; the least you could expect in a main event from these two is *** 3/4 and that is if they don't even try. Now if these are given 20 + minutes which they should be given and if they are told, "Hey, go out and steal the show". We will get match of the year and a potential ***** star match.

Now onto drawing, the first thing in my opinion about drawing is, making your "current" fans happy, and make them want to buy the PPV. Most of TNA's current audience would be people who have watched since 2004 - 2005. Now if Joe/Sting headline the PPV, they will say "meh", I will see what the undercard looks like. If its Joe/AJ all they have to do is look back at their amazing matches and thats money in TNA's pockets. Also drawing is about drawing a new audience, and of course that's where Sting comes into the equation. Fans may see him and say, "Look its Sting". But, looking now. A lot of the audience are younger and have'nt seen and maybe just heard of him. The older fans, might take a look but its a doubt because if Sting didn't draw that well with Kurt Angle who is a bigger draw that Samoa Joe globally and nationally then he won't draw with Joe.

Now if you have Joe/AJ in the main event, casual fans may not know why they are but if people are talking as they would if Joe/AJ was to headline Bound For Glory about how good the match will be then those fans will check out TNA. IMO Sting and Joe will not get everyone talking.

Now with Samoa Joe and AJ Styles in the main event, you can pack the undercard with star-filled matches. Kurt Angle/Jeff Jerrett. Christian Cage/Sting. Abyss Vs. Mick Foley "Hardcore" [If Mick is going to wrestle.] You could have all those star-filled match-ups and people can relax and say. Even if its a bad show, the main event will blow us away. Now that's just my little rant/opinion.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #10 on: 15 September 2008, 06:12:35 PM »
Who cares, we will get the Jarrett/Angle showdown I've been orgasming for. :drool

^EDIT:
I hate the TNA bookers so much right now. :@

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 15 September 2008, 06:29:46 PM »
Great Sting is in the main event at BFG....AGAIN!!!!

i hate that shit. he bitches about his contract. changes his lines in a promo on impact. doesn't do house shows. gets paid WAAAAY more than he should.and he is far passed his prime.yet he gets to be in the main event of TNAs biggest PPV for the 3rd straight year.

thats bullshit.

on the other side though. im guessing TNA wanted to do this so they could put joe over on the most known guy in there company.

But if sting wins then there is no excuse for TNA.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #12 on: 15 September 2008, 06:43:00 PM »
I doubt Sting will win and I think its all been built to lead up to this climax where Joe beats Sting on the biggest ppv of the year and hopefully retires him.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #13 on: 17 September 2008, 10:55:32 PM »
BREAKING NEWS!!

According to Jeff Jarrett, there is going to be "a surprise that will shock the world" at Bound For Glory 2008.
I don't think it will be Mick Foley for SPOILER reasons but maybe it's THE SHOCKMASTER!

*falls over through a fake wall in awe*

Nah, I don't know who or what it is. :P

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #14 on: 17 September 2008, 11:28:57 PM »
Maybe the MCMG will actually win a match.