Author Topic: How does iMPACT counter WrestleMania on 10/2?  (Read 662 times)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
How does iMPACT counter WrestleMania on 10/2?
« on: 22 August 2008, 12:59:15 PM »
TNA Impact (Spike TV) vs WWE Wrestlemania 24 (My Network TV) for the full two hours on October 2nd, 2008.

My question is how do you counter this episode, and still continue to try and sell the Bound For Glory PPV Spectacular in 1 and 1/2 week to go.

Should be a hell of a night.

Offline Pala!

« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2008, 02:39:12 PM »
Uh. I don't know. Its hard. They will have to do something big IMO. A match to determan who faces the TNA Champion at Bound for Glory. Or a title match.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2008, 03:04:28 PM »
Quote from: Pala!;14185
Uh. I don't know. Its hard. They will have to do something big IMO. A match to determan who faces the TNA Champion at Bound for Glory. Or a title match.

I can see where you are coming from Pala but BFG is our WM. We need to know who the #1 contender is way before then. I will post my card closer to the night but at the moment I would put the #1 contendership for the TNA World Champion at Genesis on-the-line plus a tag team match between the top two bouts (which I would hope would be) Jeff Jarrett & (champ) Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle & Sting (in his 2nd last match with BFG being the last as he loses to Joe).

But yes it does need to be big. We should follow suit leading up to WM. :closedeyes

Ps. Perhaps we can sign Bischoff for one night to lead us onto the air with "Orton goes over Cena and Hunter, Undertaker wins he title, Mayweather wins the big challenge *sarcastically* and Flair retires."

8-)

Offline Pala!

« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2008, 03:12:14 PM »
I realise that its TNA's WM! but I think they could have a match a Genisis, and the winner of that match gets challenged for that edition on iMPACT for his spot in the Main Event. Something like that.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #4 on: 22 August 2008, 03:13:40 PM »
Genesis is after Bound For Glory. :$

Offline Pala!

« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2008, 03:17:27 PM »
Whoops. lol.

Whatever the PPV is before BFG. Have a No. Contenders match or something of that sort. Then have the winner be challenged for his spot at that edition of iMPACT.

Sorry have'nt been watching TNA that long. Don't know the PPV's off by heart.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2008, 03:21:52 PM »
September's No Surrender is the one before BFG. ;)

I suppose if Nash beats Angle on next weeks iMPACT then we could have Angle versus Styles at No Surrender for the #1 contender with Styles winning to face Joe at Bound For Glory then? Long as I get my Jarrett v Angle couldn't care as much about the main title. :P

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 22 August 2008, 04:10:53 PM »
Wait a min. so on 10/2 My network TV will be showing wrestlemania 24 for free? if so it will have to be cut a lot or it will last a very very long time after you factor in commercials.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #8 on: 22 August 2008, 04:14:17 PM »
Well I don't know if they are showing it in full or not but yes it's interesting to see what they will do with it.