Author Topic: Gail Kim No Longer A Part Of TNA?  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Gail Kim No Longer A Part Of TNA?
« on: 21 August 2008, 02:48:25 AM »
NoDQ.com

In a peculiar deal, Gail Kim's profile has been quietly removed from the TNA website. When you go to her profile page, you get the standard "You are not authorized to view this resource" page, which is what happens to the profile pages after a wrestler parts ways with TNA.

Perhaps proving that the removal of her profile wasn't some sort of accident or error, all of her Knockouts photos have been removed as well. When you go to the Knockouts photo section, Gail's page is nowhere to be found.

TNA almost never announces company departures on the website, so there is no way of knowing what the deal is with missing talent unless you go to a wrestling news website such as NoDQ. In fact, the only "future endeavors" notes they have announced over the past year were done to further angles involving Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian so they could be written off of television.

It was announced on September 6, 2006 that Gail Kim had a signed a contract with TNA. If by chance her contract were to expire, it would probably be around this time. Team 3D signed three-year deals during this time frame, so perhaps she had the same contract length as well. Talent rarely get four-year deals, five-year deals are usually long, and we never heard anything about Gail renewing her contract on a year-to-year basis, so her original contract was likely a three-year deal.

Gail is scheduled to wrestle Awesome Kong in a Street Fight on tomorrow night's Impact, which was taped last Wednesday. She is still named in the preview that is up on the site.

if gail is gone from TNA this is a huge blow to the knockouts division. gail is the heart and soul of that division. hopefully they are just settling contract dispute and they will have gail back with them soon.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2008, 02:51:20 AM »
I think it's just some mistake because I think she is due to get the belt again soon when Taylor Wilde loses it. Also they are starting this big storyline with her bringing in another female wrestler who is supposed to be her "sister". It wouldn't make sense for TNA to not renew her contract when they are about to have her be the main focus of a storyline.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Pala!

« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2008, 01:16:54 PM »
Update:

Pwinsider.com has confirmed that Gail Kim is indeed through with TNA. No details yet regarding this sudden news, but they should be coming out soon.

Kim's profile and photos were quietly removed from the company website earlier today. Regarding the speculation on the removal of her stuff from the website, one TNA source said, "It means exactly what you think it means."

Kim had been with the company for nearly three years - since September 2005. Kim was originally brought in as a pesky heel valet for Jeff Jarrett and America's Most Wanted. When the Knockouts division was created, Kim was pegged as the star babyface. Kim became the first ever TNA Women's Knockout Champion and had a good feud with Awesome Kong. Kim lost the belt on an episode of Impact in January and the focus of the division shifted to some of the other girls. As of late she was a top face in the company, but no longer the top face, sharing the spotlight with Taylor Wilde and ODB.

It looks like she's gone. Big blow for TNA IMO. She was their best pure womens wrestler.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2008, 02:19:43 PM »
What a big blow to the knockouts division. She was their most over knockout and the  heart of that division. But if she goes back to the WWE then she will be a total hypocrite.This is now TNA's time to unwrap the sheet from Raisha Saeed and let her be Cheerleader Melissa. They could do so many things with a Raisha/Kong/Melissa storyline, but I doubt they will capitalize on it.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2008, 06:55:48 PM »
Sorry for double posting.

- According to sources in WWE, Gail Kim will be heading back to the company for what is being described as a "sizable offer." Kim's TNA contract was coming to an end, and when it does she will be free to begin with WWE. The decision was said to be based purely on the financial offer, and nothing to do with animosity between her and TNA. Word from TNA sources state that Gail has left on good terms, and that the door is open for a future return. Gail Kim's final appearance with the company will be tonight on Impact, facing Awesome Kong in a Street Fight.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

Well it looks like she is going back to the "E". I think it's funny how she has been talking about how they were using the women's division and bashing but now she's going back. But then again, there has been as much T&A in the WWE recently. So she's gotta make a living and pay her bills. I can respect that.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 21 August 2008, 08:10:12 PM »
This is good for WWE womens division because i have lost all interest in it as of right now. the only 2 or maybe 3 that i actually find worth watching anymore is Kelly Kelly,Beth and Victoria.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #6 on: 21 August 2008, 10:30:08 PM »
Damnit Shanti beat me to it but Gail Kim is signing with the WWE. Congrats Kim. I just hope the money is worth it. I'm sure she will come to regret leaving TNA at some stage but for now enjoy the money.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2008, 07:39:44 PM »

-- Gail Kim's final night in TNA went out with a bang as her "Street Fight" with Awesome Kong on last Thursday's Impact scored a 1.20 quarter hour rating, the highest mark of the show. The rating then dropped by half a point for the main event featuring a Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles ladder match, scoring a 1.15 rating. Two wrestlers who don't have a good track record of drawing ratings drew the second-highest rating of the show, that being the Consequence Creed vs. Petey Williams match. The two lowest quarter ratings came from the Matt Morgan squash match and Mike Tenay's sitdown interview with Kevin Nash. Morgan's squash match the week before lost 165,000 viewers. Overall, the show drew a 1.11 cable rating, with a 0.95 among Males 18-34. The 0.95 is the highest mark for the demo since Impact expanded to two hours in October. The overall rating was way up from the 0.90 rating the show drew the week before, and back in line with the 1.10 rating from two weeks earlier.

Credit: Lords of Pain

I bet a lot of that boost could be attributed to the fact that the smarks knew she was leaving, however it's still funny how literally TNA's biggest draw will take that momentum with her to WWE.

TNA should have offered her more money.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #8 on: 25 August 2008, 07:46:04 PM »
Lol. I don't know if you realize it or not Prax but the Awesome Kong feud with Gail Kim has been going on for ages. It's been one of the biggest feuds since the title was created last year so it's no surprise that the numbers were slightly higher given that it was also a Street Fight AND only idiots would think AJ Styles/Kurt Angle match would be the finale to the series given all the incidents recently. One of TNA's biggest selling points is the Knockouts Division so it just goes to show how many perves watch he show when the numbers drop down like that. :lol2:

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 25 August 2008, 07:50:46 PM »
[quote=The Franchise

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #10 on: 25 August 2008, 07:52:45 PM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;14550
Still, do you think TNA should have forked over the money for Gail?

Depends on how much she was currently being paid and how much WWE were going to pay her. If she was worth it financially then yes, if not no.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #11 on: 25 August 2008, 10:46:52 PM »
The only match i watched on iMPACT was The Creed match.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 25 August 2008, 11:28:56 PM »
Of course, there's always the possibiliy that WWE forked over a ridiculous amount just to take away the one of TNA's top draws. I mean, Kim is good but how much can WWE use her? Any figure the WWE would legitimately offer a diva is matchable by TNA considering... I have a feeling WWE just offered her something ridiculous to take her away.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #13 on: 25 August 2008, 11:40:05 PM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;14614
Of course, there's always the possibiliy that WWE forked over a ridiculous amount just to take away the one of TNA's top draws. I mean, Kim is good but how much can WWE use her? Any figure the WWE would legitimately offer a diva is matchable by TNA considering... I have a feeling WWE just offered her something ridiculous to take her away.

I was about to say the same thing but you beat me to it. Even though she created a bigger fan base for herself by being in TNA, I really do not see the wwe using her that much. If she ends up on RAW with Mickie, Beth, candice (when she comes back, Melina (when she returns), Katie Lea, and Kelly Kelly she is really going to get lost in the shuffle. She will get lost in the shuffle on SD! too.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 28 August 2008, 08:12:06 AM »
 sources: http://www.pwtorch.com, Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The primary reason Gail Kim left TNA for WWE was due to the significant discrepancy between the kind of money WWE offered her and what TNA offered her. According to multiple sources, Kim really didn't really want to leave TNA, but she felt she had no choice but to accept WWE's offer due to the massive difference in money.

Despite being the most consistent TV ratings draws for the company, it appears that no matter how successful the female performers are for TNA, they're still not going to make much money, at least in comparison to the guys. The company still saw the top babyface in the division of what has become, from a television ratings standpoint, their most successful entity, as a low-budget expenditure. TNA offered their top female babyface star well under $100,000 per year, a figure that can only be met if she appears on a target number of shows, so if she gets hurt, she's not getting all the money. TNA's offer to Kim was said to be less than one-third of what WWE was offering - a six-figure downside guaranteed contract for three years. Also, Kim can potentially earn significantly more from appearing on pay-per-views and house shows, not to mention merchandise such as action figures. Additionally, TNA's lackluster offer to Kim probably doesn't bode well for the other girls in the company when their respective contracts come up considering that the top star couldn't even get a six figure offer.

Kim's friends had to talk her into leaving for WWE due to her strong sense of loyalty and happiness with TNA. While Kim loved TNA as well as her friends in the company, she couldn't justify not taking the significantly better offer from WWE. One friend of Kim said she really had no choice but to go for the financial security that only WWE can provide. One TNA source disappointed in her decision said she chose to be unhappy for more money rather than stay happy with the smaller company that made her a star.

There was said to be a huge void backstage at this week's Impact tapings as a number of her friends couldn't believe she was gone, especially without saying goodbye before she left.

One friend of Kim's with knowledge of TNA's apparent lowball offer deemed it to be "insulting" and "possibly sexist." Also, Kim couldn't risk getting hurt or being jobbed out once her decision to leave TNA was made.

Well hopefully gail can be happier and have more money in WWE rather than just taking more money and not being happy but you never know. hopefully after WWE saw tha in TNA gail was a draw they will push her as a top diva on raw or smackdown.