Author Topic: Update on Team 3D Contract Negotiations  (Read 415 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Update on Team 3D Contract Negotiations
« on: 20 August 2008, 08:24:55 PM »
source: prowrestling.net

Team 3D, known to most as the Dudley Boyz, are currently re-negotiating new deals with TNA as their contract are set to expire in the very near future. TNA feels confident that Ray and Devon will re-sign as the feeling is that both are happy with their current position in the company. It's also being reported that WWE has shown little to no interest in bringing them back into the company so the decision to stay with TNA should be a fairly easy one.

Internally, Devon is pretty well liked by many in WWE, however Bubba Ray is said to have made some enemies when his last run with the company came to an end. A source within WWE was quoted as saying "no one in WWE has any ill will or bad feelings toward Devon, but Bubba is a detriment to his career." This seems to make Devon guilty by association, so the feeling is that the team will not be receiving any offers from WWE. Bubba has been known to work very stiff with young talent, and gives most rookies a very tough time. Considering WWE's current tag division is mostly made up of younger talent, management would most likely be hesitant to bring the Dudleyz in.

I don't even want to see them in WWE. The fact that they're still teaming tells you about their individual talent as wrestlers. Sure they're one of the greatest teams of all time, but I mean, most of the best teams of all time eventually split off and at least one of them has a great singles career.

They tried it with the Dudleyz and they both failed.

Would it help the tag team division in WWE? Maybe... but WWE obviously doesn't really care about the tag team division so they would just probably be a waste of space there because lord knows they can't survive without each other.

Let them stay in TNA.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2008, 09:14:41 PM »
The WWE won't welcome Bubba Ray back simply because he is hated by Batista and Randy Orton over an incident that happened during a tag team match a while back. He has a reputation of being a lazy worker. D-von won't be back simply because he's  associated with Bubba Ray and If the WWE did take him his singles run will fail faster than it did when he was Rev. D-Von.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2008, 02:36:59 AM »
yeah WWE doesn't care about 3D plus they are better in TNA anyways because they get to be more adult than family friendly.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2008, 04:08:39 AM »
DVon will not go to WWE by association (tho I may like that; He gave us Batista, after all).

They're better in TNA not b/c of any adult/family-friendly idea, but because they (esp. Bubba) are past their prime, & TNA's lack of talent makes that less-obvious to viewers.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2008, 10:28:16 PM »
Yeah I agree with TJ Church. They are better of in TNA because TNA actually has a tag team division that consists of more than 1 team on any show.