Author Topic: Scotty Goldman  (Read 472 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Scotty Goldman
« on: 20 August 2008, 04:54:29 AM »
Now a lot of people considered this a try-out but i'm not sure. He got a backstage promo and a full introduction, and the announcers put him over and everything. Yes Kendrick squashed him but I think he's going to stay on SD. I hope they don't continue to squash him but I thoroughly enjoyed his debut. His promo was funny and hopefully he'll get more mic time as time goes on.

As for his name, I know people don't like it, but frankly, they should be used to the fact that Vince won't use Indy or TNA established names. So obviously if it isn't going to be specifically Colt Cabana there's going to be hate for it. But i think it's catchy and it fits Colt's persona. And frankly, it should be more about what he does in the ring and on the mic than it is about what his ring name is. And it's kind of petty to pick apart the fact that they changed his name IMO.

But I liked his debut and I hope he gets a push in the near future, because he's incredibly entertaining.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Scotty Goldman
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2008, 05:00:12 AM »
Now before anyone bashes his name and blames vince, I just want to let you all know that his real name is Scott Coltman. The last names may not be the same but they are pretty darn close.

I didn't watch Smackdown last week so I didn't see him at all, but I sure Colt did a good job and hopefully they will start to use him more and more.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Dale

Scotty Goldman
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2008, 02:39:40 AM »
I don't mind it, but it's just weird seeing him not and having them refer to him as Colt Cabana. It's like seeing CM Punk being brought up to ECW and then calling him something completely different. What I did like about it though was the way they pretty much kept the essence of Colt by still allowing his goofy in-ring style and his comedy promo's. I really hope he does get a fair crack of the whip because he really could become extremely popular with the kids.

Now one thing I do have a problem with and it's more aimed at the WWE Creative lot but does involve Colt is, what is the point in changing their gimmicks when bringing them upto the roster? Colt made his debut back in April 07 as Colt 'Boom Boom' Cabana and was just called up this month, so that's what 16 months there abouts. Why after 16 successful months call him up and then change what he was doing that got him called up in the firs place? Yes it's only a name change, but there's been guys who have done well with one gimmick in developmental yet bombed when they were brought up because they were told to change their gimmick

Now I understand that WWE wants to make their own stars, but they kept Punk the way he was, so why not Colt? By keeping him as what everybody knew him as, could they not have gained some extra viewers, as let's face it we didn't it was Colt when we read the spoilers and saw Scotty Goldman.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Scotty Goldman
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2008, 08:03:10 AM »
Colt Cabana/Scotty Goldmen c CM Punk at mania. that would be great!

The name is weird to hear. i would rather much them call him colt cabana. i mean they let punk keep his name.and they used the colt cabana name in OVW.

but thats not a huge deal  guess. just a annoyance.

and of course it wasn't a tryout run. they wouldn't let the guy cut a promo like sydal if it was. but hopefully sooner or later he will start winning and stop jobbing.

Offline Pala!

Scotty Goldman
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2008, 01:29:55 PM »
Yeah. I would prefer WWE to use the Colt Cabana name as it suits his character and promo's IMO. Scotty Goldman is too bland IMO. Maybe they changed it becuase they already have "Carlito's Cabana". Just a thought.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
Scotty Goldman
« Reply #5 on: 23 August 2008, 05:20:09 PM »
He should go back to using Colt Cabana, and Copa Cabana than at Wrestlamaina have Barry Manilo and Kid Russell perform it live.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
Scotty Goldman
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2008, 05:28:52 PM »
Quote from: Ultramanits BLACK;14284
He should go back to using Colt Cabana, and Copa Cabana than at Wrestlamaina have Barry Manilo and Kid Russell perform it live.

FOR....THE....EPIC....WIN!

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Scotty Goldman
« Reply #7 on: 23 August 2008, 10:34:01 PM »
Quote from: Pala!;14281
Yeah. I would prefer WWE to use the Colt Cabana name as it suits his character and promo's IMO. Scotty Goldman is too bland IMO. Maybe they changed it becuase they already have "Carlito's Cabana". Just a thought.

I don't think it's bland... I mean, there's only once ever been a name like that in wrestling and it was Bill Goldberg :lol2.

So long as they don't give him the jewish accountant gimmick i'm happy :P

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.