Author Topic: Smackdown Spoilers 8/22 *WARNING: YOU WILL MARK!*  (Read 813 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Smackdown Spoilers 8/22 *WARNING: YOU WILL MARK!*
« on: 20 August 2008, 04:35:12 AM »
From WZ:

Dark Match:
* Takeshi Morishima w/Tony Atlas b. Jamie Noble
- Morishima, the former Ring of Honor Champion, got the win via pinfall.

SmackDown:
* Vickie comes out and apologizes to the crowd for her thing with Edge to redeem herself. She then announces a WWE Title Scramble for Unforgiven. There will be two qualifying matches for it tonight.

* Maria b. Natalya
- Maria got the win via disqualification.  Maryse came out and interfered.  

* 10 Man Battle Royal  
Winner earns a spot in the WWE Title Scramble at Unforgiven
- Brian Kendrick won the match which earned him a spot in the scramble. Some of the participants were: Big Show, Super Crazy, Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder, Jimmy Wang Yang, and Vladimir Kozlov. Big Show cleaned house, but Kendrick ended up with the win.

* MVP b. Festus
- MVP got the win via countout to earn a spot in the WWE Title Scramble at Unforgiven.

* Shelton Benjamin b. Finlay  
- Shelton got the win via pinfall to earn a spot in the WWE Title Scramble at Unforgiven. After the match Mike Knox came down and attacked Finlay.

* Jeff Hardy b. The Great Khali
- Hardy earns a spot in the WWE Title Scramble at Unforgiven.  He gets the win via pinfall!

* Triple H comes in the ring and delivers a promo on what he thinks of his opponents for Unforgiven. Kenny Dykstra comes out to interrupt but is quickly pedigreed.

* The Undertaker comes out so Vickie & La Familia can apologize to him. Taker doesn't accept and says he wants Vickie's soul and chases her. He then beats up La Familia.

KENDRICK IN THE MAIN EVENT!!! WTF.

Unforgiven is going to own, and this Smackdown sounds great. I really can't wait for either show. But you know triple H is going to come out champion just looking at that list. Still, it's going to be great.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2008, 04:39:54 AM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;13775

Unforgiven is going to own, and this Smackdown sounds great. I really can't wait for either show. But you know triple H is going to come out champion just looking at that list. Still, it's going to be great.

Exactly but that match is still going to own. You are going to have your technical wrestlers with MVP and Trips, your inhuman like athletic wrestler with Shelton, and the High Flyers with Kendrick and Shelton.

Even though Trips is going to walk out as champion this is the time for Shelton and Kendrick to show what they can do in a main event ppv.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline 2Slick

« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2008, 04:45:19 AM »
Holy ****ing shit...Kendrick in a WWE Title match on PPV?

May Kendrick win baby!

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2008, 04:47:07 AM »
Just give Kendrick the damn title right now... THE Brian Kendrick will lead SD! too record rating on there new televsion home!!

Hell, I bet if he won the CW would want to keep them. Kendrick = RATINGS

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline S.P.Q.R.

« Reply #4 on: 20 August 2008, 05:20:53 AM »
Wow.......8-)

WWE wants the same 14 year old girls who cheer Cena on RAW to start watching SD? What a ****in slap in the face to Big Show. THE Kendrick reminds me of the stupid kid in high school who thinks he's cool, but is too oblivious to the fact he's really a ****in tool.
save

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #5 on: 20 August 2008, 05:36:04 AM »
HOLY SHIT!

Brian Kendrick vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Jeff Hardy vs. MVP vs. Triple H :D

I am ordering Unforgiven, I am a fan of every man in this match and to see Shelton and Kendrick in the main event is unbelievable.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Pala!

« Reply #6 on: 20 August 2008, 03:37:14 PM »
Just found this.

*10 Man Battle Royal to qualify for PPV Scramble. Big Show eliminates everyone but Brian Kendrick is caught by Ezekiel and tossed back in the ring. Show doesn't realize and eliminates himself stepping over the ropes. Kendrick qualifies for the Scramble.

That sounds like an awesome finish lol. It doesn't make Big Show look weak either. Great booking IMO.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 20 August 2008, 04:23:31 PM »
lol that's a pretty original finish. Sucks that Big Show isn't in it, I think he still has a lot of wrestling left in him, but hopefully they don't leave him out of another PPV.

But he'll probably face Khali or some shit.

Offline Pala!

« Reply #8 on: 20 August 2008, 04:37:46 PM »
I think he'll run in during the match and take out Triple H, turning Big Show heel. Then we see a Triple H/Big Show match the next PPV.

Offline Pj-34

« Reply #9 on: 21 August 2008, 12:00:07 PM »
Once again Pala! I find myself looking at your sig for 10 minutes. This actually sounds like a great SmackDown expect for the Hardy beating Khali thing, that's old shit.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #10 on: 23 August 2008, 03:07:23 AM »
Ever since the Draft this show has become so awesome. I even sometimes think that in some ways it is even better than the attitude era. It is as if everybody is getting a chance. I know Triple H vs Khali irritated people but it gave Khali another chance in the spotlight and since he has been champion it would be weird if he never got a shot. As long as he doesn't get the belt I'm fine with that as I'd rather him do something every blue moon than be a waste of space on the roster.

Anyway Shelton Benjamin is my favourite wrestler and I'm really glad that he is in the main event and that the show is doing things with wrestlers like him and Brian Kendrick.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #11 on: 23 August 2008, 08:09:09 AM »
Great to see so many great young stars in the main event. i love that kendrick won and how he won was great. im also very happy shelton gets to be in his first WWE title match at a PPV.

Smackdown was just flat out great again IMO. Smackdown > ECW > Raw.

I just hope that triple h doesn't make everyone his bitches at the PPV and bury /Shelton and kendrick. but from what has happened in the past you gotta think in the back of your head he will.

Also the undertaker segment was very good. im not sure what he will be doing at the PPV. possibly facing edge when he gets back? maybe edge will save vickie and they will get back together or something. i dunno. and probably see big show vs Kahli.

also a pretty watchable Diva match which is saying something for WWE.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #12 on: 23 August 2008, 05:52:42 PM »
This was pulled off so awesomely from Kendrick landning on his shoudlers to Zeik looking around all surley like with Kendrick on his shouldlers.
I was talking to Narc about a week ago on how Kendrick can easily go to the main event with help from his manager and BOOM look what happens.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #13 on: 23 August 2008, 08:32:17 PM »
Well it's great to see a bunch of the younger guys in the main event it's really going to suck once the match is done and over with because the only one that has any chance of winning the match other then Trips is Jeff and I don't think he'll be winning either.

Getting other people to the main event is awesome but with Trips as champion there just going to get burried IMO.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #14 on: 23 August 2008, 10:32:07 PM »
Quote from: The Artist :: Tex;14305
Well it's great to see a bunch of the younger guys in the main event it's really going to suck once the match is done and over with because the only one that has any chance of winning the match other then Trips is Jeff and I don't think he'll be winning either.

Getting other people to the main event is awesome but with Trips as champion there just going to get burried IMO.

You never know with WWE... I mean he's kind of a douche, I admit, but burying 4 young talent at the same talent is beyond douchy, even for him :lol2

One of the titles pretty much has to switch, at least... and Punk's reign is going pretty great. Cena and Batista are viable replacements as champs, but WWE's keeping the title off Cena and I think it will continue, Batista never wins the title anymore, Kane and JBL won't win, so except for maybe Cena or Batista winning (and I think they'll stay off the tittles for a little longer), I think Punk has a good chance.

On SD, Dale and I were discussing possibilities and it's pretty much a given that Triple H needs to job the title at least once during the match. Hardy is obviously the greatest possibility. I think it's obvious Shelton and Kendrick won't win the match (never say never though)... and I think it's a great possibility that either Jeff or MVP could walk out as champ. Those two are basically the future feuds for Triple H throughout the fall anyway, so why not pull the twist and give them the reign?

I mean, it's fairly obvious Triple H would win it back in a month or two anyway, and he wants to get to 16 reigns, so i could see the possibility of him dropping it here.