Author Topic: Jeff Jarrett Won't Break the Bank to Keep Sting  (Read 529 times)

Offline Pala!

Jeff Jarrett Won't Break the Bank to Keep Sting
« on: 19 August 2008, 11:09:50 PM »
                     It was reported a few days ago that TNA's "Sting" Steve Borden missed a recent set of Impact tapings because he was unhappy with his contract. Although no specifics on the matter are known, it's believed that he's refusing to wrestle until the contract is restructured in some fashion. It doesn't actually expire until the end of this year.

Sting is not too fond of TNA management at the moment after creative writer Vince Russo persuaded him to reluctantly turn heel, in what has become one of the more negative aspects of TNA's recent booking, garnishing ridicule from insiders.

If the main issue with his contract is money, Jeff Jarrett has made it clear in the past that he's not willing to break the bank to keep Sting, in fact it took puppet" president Dixie Carter, who never usually goes against Jarret's decision to override him last year when problems with money were a public factor.

Although they may make it past this hurdle Sting re-signing for another year in January seems unlikely.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2008, 11:16:08 PM »
I never did understand why Sting was even resigned last year or why he even went over Kurt Angle at BFG, never mind the fact he lost it a few weeks later. Sting's heel turn lately has actually been very interesting to me but if Sting wont return to IMPACT unless he's given a new contract then **** him. He's not worth it. If he wants the money join the WWE. I just hope Dixie Carter sees sense not to overrule the one guy who knows what to do with TNA this time. Dump Sting, Sign Foley/Kennedy and whoever else is rumored to be available. The guy is past it from a creative point of view and is a liability.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2008, 01:54:20 AM »
Yeah if sting wants to be a little bitch then he shouldn't have started the huge storyline they're giving him right now where the show mainly focuses around him.i dont want to see him resign i want to see this be his last year and i want to see sting have a retirement match like flair to either AJ,Joe or Kaz.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2008, 12:15:08 PM »
 According to a report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Sting was not at the TNA TV tapings last week in Orlando following the Hard Justice PPV. He didn't come to TV due to the company talking with Sting about a new contract. This is why they taped the backstage footage of Sting with Kevin Nash.

The feeling at this point is that they must have a deal finalized for 2009 with Sting in the next few weeks and both sides have to be in agreement or they can't move on and script key parts of the angle they are doing now without knowing how long they have him for. Sting, who turns 50 early next year, was believed to be earning in the $600,000 range this last year for working basically a part-time schedule.

It should be noted that TNA President Dixie Carter wanted Sting back this year when others within the company felt his price wasn't worth what he brought to the table. Carter's belief was that having Sting with the company gives them prestige and helps them make business deals, even though his pay rightfully isn't justified based on the effect he has had on ratings and PPV buyrates. Some have noted that his pay really shouldn't be an issue anymore though considering the company can afford him now than in the past.

Sting is financially secure at this point in his career and having made lots of money during his WCW days he has used it to invest in real estate holdings in Southern California among other things. He doesn't need to wrestle at this point in his life, but given the money he was offered and the light schedule with TNA, many have described his situation as having the best of both worlds where he can have lots of free time and still remain active in the business. The belief right now is that if Sting doesn't agree to another deal with TNA then they obviously won't go any farther with the role they appear to be teasing right now, especially turning him heel and going out in that fashion. If he does stay it is possible they will go forth with plans for him as a heel since they will have more time to develop it. Of course, he has to agree to these plans in the first place as noted a few weeks ago.

Sting screwed TNA. Seriously **** You Sting. You are a legend in the industry but for you to walk out of TNA mid-storyline when your not only breaking the bank but shitting on it too is disrespectful. Go through with the storyline and then just leave before you do any more damage.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 22 August 2008, 04:08:32 PM »
[quote=The Franchise

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2008, 04:21:51 PM »
Well I obviously don't watch much TNA, and at the same time that I do agree that Sting shouldn't screw them over mid-storyline after all that TNA has done for him, HOWEVER, how long have they been doing this storyline? A couple weeks? To me, it seems like a pretty poor business decision to start a storyline a couple weeks before your part-time star who probably won't show up during contract negotiations (and the fact that they pre-emptively taped backstage segments kind of shows that they knew he wouldn't), a few weeks before his contract expires.

Like I said I don't know much about the storyline or how long its been going on, it just seems like a bad move on both sides.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2008, 04:27:56 PM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;14203
Well I obviously don't watch much TNA, and at the same time that I do agree that Sting shouldn't screw them over mid-storyline after all that TNA has done for him, HOWEVER, how long have they been doing this storyline? A couple weeks? To me, it seems like a pretty poor business decision to start a storyline a couple weeks before your part-time star who probably won't show up during contract negotiations (and the fact that they pre-emptively taped backstage segments kind of shows that they knew he wouldn't), a few weeks before his contract expires.

Like I said I don't know much about the storyline or how long its been going on, it just seems like a bad move on both sides.

Its actually been going on for a while now. ever since July 13th at the victory road PPV. and his contract doesn't end until the end of the year. he just wants to renegotiate or get a new contract or more money or something.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 22 August 2008, 04:45:54 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;14205
Its actually been going on for a while now. ever since July 13th at the victory road PPV. and his contract doesn't end until the end of the year. he just wants to renegotiate or get a new contract or more money or something.

Ah my bad then. Then it's totally on Sting... he's under contract and in the middle of a storyline and he's bailing on TNA? That ain't right.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #8 on: 24 August 2008, 11:22:58 PM »
Quote from: Professor Prax;14208
Ah my bad then. Then it's totally on Sting... he's under contract and in the middle of a storyline and he's bailing on TNA? That ain't right.

Especially when he ****ing did the same thing only 12 months ago. :@

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #9 on: 24 August 2008, 11:31:12 PM »
[QUOTE=The Franchise
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 25 August 2008, 12:49:50 AM »
Quote from: CLMark;14423
Well if he did the same thing before then TNA is kind of crazy for trusting him to do different this time around.

its not all of TNA most people in TNA didn't want him back. but only dixie carter really wanted him back so all foolishness goes on her.