Author Topic: ~OFFICIAL Mayhem Premier League Fantasy Thread~  (Read 344 times)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
~OFFICIAL Mayhem Premier League Fantasy Thread~
« on: 17 August 2008, 10:03:01 PM »

Mayhem!        

#TeamManagerGWTotal
1Franny's All-StarsThe Franchise
2Bele's Drunken Bumsbele_nine4040
3Kenny's RedsMr Kenny
4Bradford Army :DMick Clique
5Big-T's TeamBig-T2929
6Ireland UnitedPala2424

Here are the official standings for the end of week #1!  A good all round weekend with some big scorers for each team. Hopefully we can get a few more to sign-up as well with this thread going up. Good luck guys for weekend #2 though.

Quick Week 1 - Roundup;

The Franchise has taken a surprise lead in the title race thanks to big scores from his Chelsea boys Cech, Bosingwa and Terry plus Fernando Torres and an unlikely Stephen Warnock.

Bele_nine is on Franchise's heels however with big scores in Fernando Torres and Deco who scored an impressive 14 points.

Mr Kenny is right behind Bele by 2 points however after his team scored a good collective amount with Aston Villa's Ashley Young giving him his biggest score of the weekend with 7.

Mick Clique props up the mid-table position behind Mr Kenny after a good display by the Liverpool contingent of Gerrard and Torres (yet again) plus help with Stuart Downing.

Just behind Mick Clique by 2 points (yet again) is our resident beat-boxer Big-T! Big-T was let down this week by a number of players after scoring 2 points apiece but was saved by his Pool boys of Gerrard and Torres (again FFS!)

Pala props up the table at the end of week 1 and its looking like Championship League fantasy football for him next season if this continues! (:lol2:P) Luckily for him Pepe Reina and Ricardo Carvalho kept their respective teams goal against count at 0.

Quick Week 1 - Transfer Gossip;

Rumors are flying rampant at the Stadio Del Franchisio that there could be upto four new signings joining Franny's All-Stars. With a few of his players scoring low (or not at all) plus an injury to Philip Senderos one must wonder if they will be out the door. But who will be in? Perhaps Liverpool's Jamie Carragher, Man U's Rio Ferdinand, Sunderland's El-Hadji Diouf or even Hull City's Dean Windass! :lol2

Offline Dale

« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2008, 02:51:41 AM »
At the end of play on Saturday I was quite happy with the way things was standing, but the same can't be said for today as I took quite a battering. Today Joe Hart let in 4 against Villa whilst Glen Johnson did the same against Chelsea. Major dissapointment for me was courtesy of Emmanuel Adebayor. Cesc Fabregas was injured so just hours before the deadline I did a shuffle around and choose Adebayor thinking he would run rampant against newly promoted West Brom. How wrong I was.

Offline Mr Kenny!

« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2008, 02:59:24 AM »
Im happy enoungh with my points from the first games but i have made a few changes in my team as i wasnt fully happy with it and i think the changes ive made will help me get more points
Made by me!!

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2008, 08:13:19 PM »
Quote from: Mr Kenny!;13510
Im happy enoungh with my points from the first games but i have made a few changes in my team as i wasnt fully happy with it and i think the changes ive made will help me get more points

Yeah I signed Rio Ferdinand, Geovanni, Xabi Alonso and Pepe Reina swapping them with David James, Phillip Senderos, Stephen Ireland and Paco Valencia.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2008, 10:24:02 PM »
Week 2 Standings;

Mayhem!        

#TeamManagerGWTotal
1Bele's Drunken BumsBele5999
2Franny's All-StarsFranchise4290
3Bradford Army :DDale5182
4Big-T's TeamBig-T4877
5Kenny's RedsKenny6365
6Ireland UnitedPala5353

Quick Week 2 - Roundup;

Belemania is running wild in the Fantasy Premier League as Bele_nine tops the table for the first time this season after a great performance from his team and in particular another sensational scoring from Deco.

The Franchise drops down to second position in the league this week after taking an early lead. Franchise has gone from top points scorer last week to the lowest this week and no doubt regrets swapping Stephen Ireland for Giovanni. (:()

Mick Clique moves up one position to third this week after a good all round showing from his team and big points scored once again from Steve Gerrard for his late winner against ummm.... Boro?

Big-T also moves up the table this week after climbing up a place into fourth. Another member who benefited by having the Liverpool general in his team but saw him drop further behind Dale by a few more points.

Mr. Kenny is the biggest loser of the week despite scoring the most amount of points as he drops two places in the Premier League table and sits just above the relegation spot. What happened Kenny?

And once again Pala props up the table at the end of week 2 and its still looking like Championship League fantasy football for him next season if this continues! (:lol2) All joking aside, Pala had a good weekend but no one knows the mystery behind his old points! Docked for not paying his players the minimum wage? :P

Offline bele_nine

« Reply #5 on: 26 August 2008, 10:49:54 PM »
dont worry mate i do this every season.

i will be top untill about half way through the season then i will loose intrest and finish last lol

its good to be top tho

Offline Dale

« Reply #6 on: 2 September 2008, 02:08:11 AM »
Get this updated Fran because i'm starting to hit some form baby and climbing all my leagues :P