Author Topic: Details on the "Who is Suicide" storyline  (Read 600 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Details on the "Who is Suicide" storyline
« on: 17 August 2008, 06:00:34 PM »
 Credit: prowrestling.com

A video flashed on the screen during a match between Taylor Wilde and Christy Hemme on Thursday's Impact that read, "Who is Suicide?" Andrew passed along the following information on the character. "I went to the website and it leads to a MySpace profile. I had heard that Kaz was going to come back as a masked wrestler with ties to the upcoming TNA video game and this looks to be the start of some type of viral marketing campaign for that:

Suicide is who you start out as in Story Mode in the upcoming video game before getting beat up by Homicide and being dumped in the desert in Mexico. He is supposedly beat up so bad that he has to go to a plastic surgeon in Mexico and that's how you create your character for the Story Mode. Seems to fit in with the MySpace profle. I thought this was kind of cool and that I would pass this along.

myspace.com/whoissuicide

Hopefully this isn't true. i hope this isn't the gimmick kaz will be doing. but only time will tell....who knows it could possibly turn out to be good.....maybe...hopefully....:S

oh and if you missed impact. here is a video from instantclassic8 it has it slowed down.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2008, 06:07:26 PM »
It's all about marketing the video game. I think it's stupid from a wrestling point of view but it looks intelligent from a marketing view. It's a toss-up whether this idea is a success or not and I'll reserve judgment till we've seen it pass out.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2008, 06:28:20 PM »
Lame.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2008, 07:10:14 PM »
The gimmick is based of a video game character.... Well chalk this one up to the "It will more then likely suck!"

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #4 on: 17 August 2008, 07:36:27 PM »
Well, like Cannon said I think this will most likely suck, horribly but it has some potential to be good if they do it right. Such as having Suicide team with Curryman, Sharkboy & SuperEric then have the beat down by a group of heels, have Kaz return with the mask in hand and attack The Super Friends turning him heel; The angle has potential, but TNA will most likely **** it up.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #5 on: 19 August 2008, 11:23:53 PM »
Apparently the myspace page link has been removed from the website so I wonder if it was hacked or TNA simply realized how dumb it was. Let's just wait and see what happens next I guess.